UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, RW
UFA
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, RW
UFA
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 6
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
RFA
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 9 at 1:56 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Kotkaniemi for Rakell 1 for 1 swap, I'd consider it.

They will not retain on Graves.
The TOR trade is bad.
The NJ and DET trades are bad returns.
If they move Jarry they should be asking for Bahl.
May 9 at 1:57 p.m.
Canes decline. The wings STILL aren't the problem, the center depth is. Rakell may genuinely be the 7th best winger on the Canes next year, which would mean he's 4th line. It makes WAY more sense to retain KK and let him bounce back to the 40 point C he's shown he can be
May 9 at 2:04 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: Caniac2000
Canes decline. The wings STILL aren't the problem, the center depth is. Rakell may genuinely be the 7th best winger on the Canes next year, which would mean he's 4th line. It makes WAY more sense to retain KK and let him bounce back to the 40 point C he's shown he can be

lets be honest, CAR should get out of that contract if they can.
Yeah wing might not be as much of an issue.... we'll see after FA hits.... however, that contract as is, is unmovable. No one signs 3rd liners for 6 years.
This is a pure hockey trade with both teams giving them a fresh start.
There is no "winning" it it's more about salvaging it. Which is the only reason it works for either team.
gpmack95 liked this.
May 9 at 2:42 p.m.
Buffbry
Wings pass, not close
May 9 at 2:59 p.m.
$7M for Reilly Smith lol.
May 9 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
lets be honest, CAR should get out of that contract if they can.
Yeah wing might not be as much of an issue.... we'll see after FA hits.... however, that contract as is, is unmovable. No one signs 3rd liners for 6 years.
This is a pure hockey trade with both teams giving them a fresh start.
There is no "winning" it it's more about salvaging it. Which is the only reason it works for either team.

What,..

KK's contract isn't even bad. He's 23 and has elite defensive upside with 40+ points in his past. He had a BRUTALLY unlucky stretch that saw him go cold and Rod handled him poorly from there. But the Canes should not be looking to move that contract at all... not in anyway shape or form. I don't think any Canes fan would say he's been bad if they've watched him. When he's played as a center, which has been rarer since the Kuznetsov trade, he's been very strong. He looks a bit like bambi on the wing, but he's a very strong player still. At his age, I'd much rather take the gamble on him. At worst, he's a long term 3C... oh no! I can fully live with that.
May 9 at 3:47 p.m.
Quoting: buffbry
Wings pass, not close

idk man if you dont think husso can be over .900 sv% i think the wings would consider this to open some roster spots and save some cap this and next year
May 9 at 4:06 p.m.
Buffbry
Quoting: FireLordZuk0
idk man if you dont think husso can be over .900 sv% i think the wings would consider this to open some roster spots and save some cap this and next year

They aren't trading chiarot, it's that simple
May 9 at 4:35 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
NJD would take graves at that price, probably would pay a 3rd actually
May 10 at 7:01 a.m.
SkateOrDie
What,..

KK's contract isn't even bad. He's 23 and has elite defensive upside with 40+ points in his past. He had a BRUTALLY unlucky stretch that saw him go cold and Rod handled him poorly from there. But the Canes should not be looking to move that contract at all... not in anyway shape or form. I don't think any Canes fan would say he's been bad if they've watched him. When he's played as a center, which has been rarer since the Kuznetsov trade, he's been very strong. He looks a bit like bambi on the wing, but he's a very strong player still. At his age, I'd much rather take the gamble on him. At worst, he's a long term 3C... oh no! I can fully live with that.

"elite defensive....blah blah"
He got 10 minutes on the PK.
60.6 of his 5v5 starts are in the Ozone.
Even with that, his 5v5 oiGF vs oiGA is a +1

He's not an elite defensive player.
FFS they don't even trust him to PK.

I'm not sure how you "mismanage" a guy saying, here take 60% of your puck drops in the offensive zone, and blame the lack of production on the coach?
Which is a lot considering he had almost 600 5v5 faceoffs on the year.
He was literally gifted what every player wants a prime opportunity to score goals.

So the lack of production, isn't on everyone else. Bad luck only goes so far. It's an 82 game seasons there is only so much you can account for in 82 games on "luck."

So yes, they should get out of that 6 year contract. No one is going to take that from them and hoping he turns it around with the kind of opportunity he had this year doesn't seem like a great bet.
The truth is his 5v5 production last year was only 6 point higher. Where he had is drop is in the PP. Where he got 60 less minutes this year, probably due to lack of production. As he's not a top 6 guy and really probably shouldn't be one of the 4 forwards out there on PP1. As I'm sure CAR has 4 forwards better than him offensively.

So if you are looking for a miracle bounce back, it's probably not happening and they should looks to salvage in a hockey trade. Be it this one, or another one. Especially when you take on 2 less years while doing it.
May 10 at 8:35 a.m.
"elite defensive....blah blah"
He got 10 minutes on the PK.
60.6 of his 5v5 starts are in the Ozone.
Even with that, his 5v5 oiGF vs oiGA is a +1

He's not an elite defensive player.
FFS they don't even trust him to PK.

I'm not sure how you "mismanage" a guy saying, here take 60% of your puck drops in the offensive zone, and blame the lack of production on the coach?
Which is a lot considering he had almost 600 5v5 faceoffs on the year.
He was literally gifted what every player wants a prime opportunity to score goals.

So the lack of production, isn't on everyone else. Bad luck only goes so far. It's an 82 game seasons there is only so much you can account for in 82 games on "luck."

So yes, they should get out of that 6 year contract. No one is going to take that from them and hoping he turns it around with the kind of opportunity he had this year doesn't seem like a great bet.
The truth is his 5v5 production last year was only 6 point higher. Where he had is drop is in the PP. Where he got 60 less minutes this year, probably due to lack of production. As he's not a top 6 guy and really probably shouldn't be one of the 4 forwards out there on PP1. As I'm sure CAR has 4 forwards better than him offensively.

So if you are looking for a miracle bounce back, it's probably not happening and they should looks to salvage in a hockey trade. Be it this one, or another one. Especially when you take on 2 less years while doing it.

What are you talking about? He doesn't play PK because the Canes had the #1 PK in the league anyway. Why try to fix something that isn't broken? Have an elite PK and want to change it? Jesus stop it.

His OZone start rate wasn't for him, for the most part. It was because he started with Svechnikov and Necas a ton. This is the issue with OZone start times, Carolin start 65% of play tie in the offensive zone, but that conveniently gets left out. There's no reason to move him. He's going to bounce back and anyone that has watched him can see it. a 3.1 xGF/60 is a sign of strong offensive development. He's not a problem contract, and I don't need some Penguins fan that has seen him play maybe what 10 games all season try to argue this because you're just wrong.
May 10 at 10:08 a.m.
SkateOrDie
What are you talking about? He doesn't play PK because the Canes had the #1 PK in the league anyway. Why try to fix something that isn't broken? Have an elite PK and want to change it? Jesus stop it.

His OZone start rate wasn't for him, for the most part. It was because he started with Svechnikov and Necas a ton. This is the issue with OZone start times, Carolin start 65% of play tie in the offensive zone, but that conveniently gets left out. There's no reason to move him. He's going to bounce back and anyone that has watched him can see it. a 3.1 xGF/60 is a sign of strong offensive development. He's not a problem contract, and I don't need some Penguins fan that has seen him play maybe what 10 games all season try to argue this because you're just wrong.

dude, you are the one who said he was an elite defensive player. Saying, oh but the canes have the #1 pk anyway, doesn't mean it's true.
If he was an elite defensive player, he'd be playing. It's also like saying, the Ozone starts aren't for him... dude, that is so pointless on every level. It's not changing the fact that he did nothing with them.
And for an Elite defensive player it wasn't more balanced in the defensive direction.

Look don't get me wrong, you are more than welcome to keep that almost 5 mil contract for 6 years on a guy who puts up roughly 20 points a year all you want. But don't come telling me a hockey trade to move him out for shorter term isn't in CAR interest it is.
He is not worth that cap hit. It was an over pay the day it was signed. The 5v5 production just isn't there and it never has been and when the PP time is gone, it really shows.
May 10 at 10:55 a.m.
dude, you are the one who said he was an elite defensive player. Saying, oh but the canes have the #1 pk anyway, doesn't mean it's true.
If he was an elite defensive player, he'd be playing. It's also like saying, the Ozone starts aren't for him... dude, that is so pointless on every level. It's not changing the fact that he did nothing with them.
And for an Elite defensive player it wasn't more balanced in the defensive direction.

Look don't get me wrong, you are more than welcome to keep that almost 5 mil contract for 6 years on a guy who puts up roughly 20 points a year all you want. But don't come telling me a hockey trade to move him out for shorter term isn't in CAR interest it is.
He is not worth that cap hit. It was an over pay the day it was signed. The 5v5 production just isn't there and it never has been and when the PP time is gone, it really shows.

I honestly don’t know how anyone can remotely defend KK after watching him play this season + how bad he’s been in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, Caniac is way too prideful to admit that targeting KK was a petty mistake that never should have happened. Now, we’re stuck with a sub 5m bottom 6 forward who can’t get it going no matter where he plays in the lineup. And If KK was on ANY other team, Caniac wouldn’t even give him a second glance.

No, he’s not some “star studded” breakout candidate. He’s a bust. He absolutely sucks defensively, and the only reason he was remotely good defensively last season is because his QoC was near non existent, facing off against mainly teams bottom 6 lines. Which made him look a whole lot better than he was.

The only time he’s ever good offensively is when he’s propped up by his linemates and he absolutely sucks at driving the play himself. He was great in like the first 16 games because Svech made him look really good.

Rod might have his mishaps a the coach, but he’s not at all misusing KK. He has every right not to trust him because, shocker, he sucks. The Hab’s knew what they were doing when they let him go. Smartest thing they could have done.

The greatest thing about this recurring Caniac bit is the constant cherry picking of useless analytics that prove nothing. If you spray paint sh*t in gold, it’s still sh*t. “but his xG/60!”… but what about all 20 points he had this season? Good players produce. You don’t cherry pick analytics to aid the argument for good players because they are producing anyway. KK isn’t good.

Give it a rest man.
May 10 at 11:57 a.m.
wrong reply
May 10 at 11:59 a.m.
Quoting: FlameFlameFruit

GNOqotnWsAAF73b?format=png&name=small

"He's going to bounce back and anyone that has watched him can see it."

What I've been watching these past 8 games is a bottom 6 forward who makes too much money skate around the ice all 10 minutes he plays a game and contributes nothing.

Even when he's given top 6 minutes he does nothing with them. Good grief. Get over yourself. This constant denial and pro-KK narrative has got to be exhausting,
LuckyMoneyPuck liked this.
May 10 at 12:59 p.m.

He is a very strong defensive player! Feel free to look at his underlying numbers from any other year, because as I admitted, he had a down year this year, but supplimented it with great chance creation. He's a 30-40 point producer with a VERY strong defensive game. Just because you're a good 5-on-5 defender doesn't mean you'd be a good 5-on-4 defender! If that's your criteria for good defensively, please watch more hockey because you have a lot to learn
May 10 at 1:00 p.m.
I honestly don’t know how anyone can remotely defend KK after watching him play this season + how bad he’s been in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, Caniac is way too prideful to admit that targeting KK was a petty mistake that never should have happened. Now, we’re stuck with a sub 5m bottom 6 forward who can’t get it going no matter where he plays in the lineup. And If KK was on ANY other team, Caniac wouldn’t even give him a second glance.

No, he’s not some “star studded” breakout candidate. He’s a bust. He absolutely sucks defensively, and the only reason he was remotely good defensively last season is because his QoC was near non existent, facing off against mainly teams bottom 6 lines. Which made him look a whole lot better than he was.

The only time he’s ever good offensively is when he’s propped up by his linemates and he absolutely sucks at driving the play himself. He was great in like the first 16 games because Svech made him look really good.

Rod might have his mishaps a the coach, but he’s not at all misusing KK. He has every right not to trust him because, shocker, he sucks. The Hab’s knew what they were doing when they let him go. Smartest thing they could have done.

The greatest thing about this recurring Caniac bit is the constant cherry picking of useless analytics that prove nothing. If you spray paint sh*t in gold, it’s still sh*t. “but his xG/60!”… but what about all 20 points he had this season? Good players produce. You don’t cherry pick analytics to aid the argument for good players because they are producing anyway. KK isn’t good.

Give it a rest man.

When he's played as a C, because he's played poorly on the wing, he's not a winger, but when he's played at C, he's been INCREDIBLY strong. The analytics back that up for chance creation. There's no reason to move him, and anyone that knows this sport can see it.
May 10 at 3:09 p.m.
SkateOrDie
He is a very strong defensive player! Feel free to look at his underlying numbers from any other year, because as I admitted, he had a down year this year, but supplimented it with great chance creation. He's a 30-40 point producer with a VERY strong defensive game. Just because you're a good 5-on-5 defender doesn't mean you'd be a good 5-on-4 defender! If that's your criteria for good defensively, please watch more hockey because you have a lot to learn

yeah actually when you are a good 5v5 defender you are a trusted 4v5 defender as well..... that's how guys earn minutes on the PK. If you can't trust them 5v5 you are never going to trust them 4v5.

He's not a 30-40 point guy. His 5v5 play he's never cracked 30 points for the cains.
His production is so poor, he doesn't deserve to be on the PP, so he's a 20pt guy.
That's the reality of it.
CAR has 4 better forwards to put on the PP. Taking up all those minutes. Which means he won't be able to ride others in a premium spot to collect again.
You really will try to defend that contract, it's awful.
May 10 at 3:47 p.m.
yeah actually when you are a good 5v5 defender you are a trusted 4v5 defender as well..... that's how guys earn minutes on the PK. If you can't trust them 5v5 you are never going to trust them 4v5.

He's not a 30-40 point guy. His 5v5 play he's never cracked 30 points for the cains.
His production is so poor, he doesn't deserve to be on the PP, so he's a 20pt guy.
That's the reality of it.
CAR has 4 better forwards to put on the PP. Taking up all those minutes. Which means he won't be able to ride others in a premium spot to collect again.
You really will try to defend that contract, it's awful.

N... no it's not. Most of the elite defensive forwards don't kill penalties... but go off bud
May 10 at 3:52 p.m.
SkateOrDie
N... no it's not. Most of the elite defensive forwards don't kill penalties... but go off bud

what?
just make it up as you go eh?
May 10 at 3:53 p.m.
what?
just make it up as you go eh?

Nope. Nino Niederreiter, Nik Ehlers are among two of the best defensive forwards in the league that didn't kill penalties. Neiderreiter STILL doesn't. But, he's both visually and analytically, an elite defensive player... you just make sh*t up as you go eh?
May 10 at 4:13 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Nope. Nino Niederreiter, Nik Ehlers are among two of the best defensive forwards in the league that didn't kill penalties. Neiderreiter STILL doesn't. But, he's both visually and analytically, an elite defensive player... you just make sh*t up as you go eh?

Niederreiter ..... wow! I know when I think best defensive forwards that's who I come up with ....
That sounds like some Cains homerism if I've ever heard it.

The two best defensive forwards over the last 20 years.
Bergeron and Stone.
They both PKed.
When they went to play for their countries teams..... the PKed.
It's not even a question.
You just sound silly.
FlameFlameFruit liked this.
May 10 at 4:50 p.m.
When he's played as a C, because he's played poorly on the wing, he's not a winger, but when he's played at C, he's been INCREDIBLY strong. The analytics back that up for chance creation. There's no reason to move him, and anyone that knows this sport can see it.

Honestly just like you didn’t read anything. But I expected as much.

“When you spray paint sh*t in gold, it’s still sh*t”. Some chance creation analytics. wooo!!, it’s like that completely reverses the signing now does it?!

Good god.
May 10 at 4:50 p.m.
Niederreiter ..... wow! I know when I think best defensive forwards that's who I come up with ....
That sounds like some Cains homerism if I've ever heard it.

The two best defensive forwards over the last 20 years.
Bergeron and Stone.
They both PKed.
When they went to play for their countries teams..... the PKed.
It's not even a question.
You just sound silly.

Bergeron and Stone are elite defensive forwards, but they also provide offensive threats. Neiderreiter doesn't. Look at the analytics, he's top 10 in almost everything, but he doesn't kill penalties. Aho didn't until maybe 3 years ago. Not every great 5 on 5 defensive force plays PK genius

You just sound brainless
May 10 at 4:51 p.m.
Honestly just like you didn’t read anything. But I expected as much.

Don't write mile long essays and maybe I'll read it,

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll