5$5,750,000
1$3,750,000
2$1,750,000
2$7,000,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Hall, Taylor
Additional Details:
Chicago gets a leader and someone who can ease responsibility from Bedard more than Hall can, also if the Blackhawks select Demidov or decide to play nazar on bedards wing it makes sense, since the hawks can also sign a ufa like Arvidsson or Monahan to play with Bedard.
CHI
  1. Tavares, John
Additional Details:
leafs save cap
TOR
  1. Kemell, Joakim
  2. Saros, Juuse
  3. Sissons, Colton
Additional Details:
IMO Askarov is ready and the Preds need scoring and a playmaker like marner setting up a guy like Forsberg would be lethal, also the Preds don't mind paying this since a player like Marner is barely ever available.
NSH
  1. Marner, Mitchell
Additional Details:
time for a trade is obvious, they get a elite goalie and a 3c who can play up in the lineup once in a while, and they get a 1st round pick prospect.

seems like the going rate for a star player.
TOR
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. 2024 6th round pick (LAK)
  3. 2025 4th round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
LA saves cap space and this trade would be cheaper than a buyout and you end up with a 1st and Liljegren. assets you can use to fill the needs within your lineup.
LAK
  1. Gregor, Noah [RFA Rights]
  2. Liljegren, Timothy [RFA Rights]
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
The Leafs take a risky swing at PLD but at 6.5 if he scores 50 points its a lot more digestible, although you would prefer him to score in the 60-70 range which he would be capable of doing on the leafs with their star power
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,500,000$86,748,810$0$0$751,190
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$11,500,000$11,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
RFA
$900,000$900,000
LW, C
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD
UFA
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
UFA
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$904,667$904,667 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$886,667$886,667 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 3
$816,667$816,667 ($0$0$0$0)
C, LW
RFA - 3
$875,000$875,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 6 at 7:26 p.m.
I don't think the Kings kept Blake on to move PLD and retain $14M. PLD can move to the wing and Byfield will take center, his contract is bad, but people act like the guy can't play in the NHL.
May 6 at 7:32 p.m.
Leafs Fan / 20
Edmundson wants way more then 1.75M

Montour gets 7M in free agency

I like everything else, I don't know if the Hawks do Hall... I don't think Tavares gets tangible assets (likely draft capital), but I like the Dubois move if Tavares does get flipped
May 6 at 7:39 p.m.
Quoting: tryger
I don't think the Kings kept Blake on to move PLD and retain $14M. PLD can move to the wing and Byfield will take center, his contract is bad, but people act like the guy can't play in the NHL.

Well his 8.5 million is hamstringing the team they need to sign players and fill holes in their roster and they won't be able to do that with him on the roster. I still like PLD but I don't think he finds his game in LA. 2 million per year is cheap especially with the cap rising as well and compared to a buyout they save money and time with dead cap space.

for example the buyout is 16 million over 14 years and the retained trade would be 14 million over 7 years.

The Kings made a bad trade so besides paying what would be their 3C 8.5 million they can bit the bullet with the retention and actually compete within this window with the assets they gain.
May 6 at 7:39 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Oh no. More "veteran leadership" nonsense trying to make a trade. Tavares doesn't waive anyway.
Leafs and no NHL team has any interest in PLD even at 6.5m, never mind giving up two good pieces.
I doubt Marner would waive to Nashville, because they don't have a premier centre to help his numbers in contract year. But the trade itself is pretty reasonable.
CD282 liked this.
May 6 at 7:45 p.m.
Quoting: Michaeli13
Edmundson wants way more then 1.75M

Montour gets 7M in free agency

I like everything else, I don't know if the Hawks do Hall... I don't think Tavares gets tangible assets (likely draft capital), but I like the Dubois move if Tavares does get flipped

idk how much Edmunson gets but if he gets priced out than they can sign Lyubushkin. Also if Montour wants 7 then we can send Reaves down or trade him and give the remaining money to Montour. Although I think you can get him down to 6.5 or 6.75.

As for the Hawks I don't see them sending out draft capital for Tavares as they could just trade Hall since imo he is unlikely to re-sign since he probably still wants to win a cup or at least play in the playoffs. That's why he took a discount to sign in Boston in the first place. Also Chicago seems like a place where Tavares would be willing to re-sign and Chicago would probably would want to as well.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 6 at 7:49 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Oh no. More "veteran leadership" nonsense trying to make a trade. Tavares doesn't waive anyway.
Leafs and no NHL team has any interest in PLD even at 6.5m, never mind giving up two good pieces.
I doubt Marner would waive to Nashville, because they don't have a premier centre to help his numbers in contract year. But the trade itself is pretty reasonable.

Well the reasoning for the Tavares trade isn't the veteran leadership part but Tavares can ease the pressure of centre duties Bedard faces. He can take defensive draws and matchups while also contribute offensively something Hall can't do since he can't be a 2C.

PLD at 6.5 is a good piece imo assuming he bounces back to 55-65 points during that contract as that will probably be the going rate for a 2C that scores in that range.
May 6 at 7:50 p.m.
Quoting: Canuckfan98
Well his 8.5 million is hamstringing the team they need to sign players and fill holes in their roster and they won't be able to do that with him on the roster. I still like PLD but I don't think he finds his game in LA. 2 million per year is cheap especially with the cap rising as well and compared to a buyout they save money and time with dead cap space.

for example the buyout is 16 million over 14 years and the retained trade would be 14 million over 7 years.

The Kings made a bad trade so besides paying what would be their 3C 8.5 million they can bit the bullet with the retention and actually compete within this window with the assets they gain.

Eh PLD has been awful in LAs system with pretty bad partners and still potted 16 goals. Swap him with Byfield on the top line as Kopis winger (something they never tried) that number will go up.

Blake in his presser didn’t seem like PLD is on the trade market and by July 1st he can’t be moved anyhow. LA is going to try and make it work.
KINGS67 liked this.
May 6 at 8:14 p.m.
Leafs Fan / 20

Teams can make players feel uncomfortable enough to waive their no moves... its happened before it's just never highlighted. Scratching also is an option but we'll see if it comes to that
May 6 at 8:17 p.m.
Leafs Fan / 20
idk how much Edmunson gets but if he gets priced out than they can sign Lyubushkin. Also if Montour wants 7 then we can send Reaves down or trade him and give the remaining money to Montour. Although I think you can get him down to 6.5 or 6.75.

As for the Hawks I don't see them sending out draft capital for Tavares as they could just trade Hall since imo he is unlikely to re-sign since he probably still wants to win a cup or at least play in the playoffs. That's why he took a discount to sign in Boston in the first place. Also Chicago seems like a place where Tavares would be willing to re-sign and Chicago would probably would want to as well.

The whole point of moving Tavares is for the cap space. We don't really need the asset, I'd rather get the cap and have that for targeting specific needs and draft picks is more reasonable and easier to do than a player.

Edmundson currently makes 3.5M He's probably going to get 3.5-4.5M. I could see Montour taking less but not for the leafs and I would like Lyubushkin back for sure
May 6 at 8:17 p.m.
Is Tavares going to leadership the Hawks to a terrible playoff record?
palhal liked this.
May 6 at 8:30 p.m.
You have to be kidding with that NSH deal. NSH blocks your number if that is what it takes for Marner. That is a ludicrous ask from NSH perspective for a guy who isn't guaranteed to sign in NSH. The big issue with Marner to NSH is twofold.

1. NSH isn't going to give Marner the money he wants. Marner would have to sign a contract in NSH making the same he is now of 10mil even and have to consider the better taxes his increase. I can't see Marner realistically doing that.

2. Marner is a winger, and NSH has a several talented RW's in system. Are any of them to the caliber of Marner? No, but it becomes a rich get richer situation, and shouldn't be willing to do move arguably their best player in Saros and best assest on top of of one of their best prospects when their need for a top 6 center couldn't be more obvious when NSH send O'Reilly and Sissons as their top 6 centers in the playoffs
May 6 at 8:41 p.m.
The Hawks might consider that. They take on more cap hit and more actual salary. But I like the idea of upgrading Bedard's wing in free agency by moving Hall. But it's highly unlikely JT waives.
May 6 at 9:00 p.m.
Quoting: AEcho
You have to be kidding with that NSH deal. NSH blocks your number if that is what it takes for Marner. That is a ludicrous ask from NSH perspective for a guy who isn't guaranteed to sign in NSH. The big issue with Marner to NSH is twofold.

1. NSH isn't going to give Marner the money he wants. Marner would have to sign a contract in NSH making the same he is now of 10mil even and have to consider the better taxes his increase. I can't see Marner realistically doing that.

2. Marner is a winger, and NSH has a several talented RW's in system. Are any of them to the caliber of Marner? No, but it becomes a rich get richer situation, and shouldn't be willing to do move arguably their best player in Saros and best assest on top of of one of their best prospects when their need for a top 6 center couldn't be more obvious when NSH send O'Reilly and Sissons as their top 6 centers in the playoffs

Well idk who is trading a number 1 centre rn, Nashville needs game breaking offensive talent and Marner would be your best player ever and he would most likely re-sign due to the fact you can offer him 8 years or you do have the cap space to offer 11-11.5 million dollars.

As for the trade package Saros is a given but goalies do not have high trade value in this league idk why but it’s the reality, Sissons is a 3c who can play up once in a while, and Kemmel is a nice top6 RW but he will never be as good as Marner. So in order to get Marner who is a RW you might as well get rid of the RW prospect who gets pushed out the lineup.

A player like Marner being available is rare and only happens once every few years imo Nashville would be smart to jump on it.
May 6 at 9:29 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Teams can make players feel uncomfortable enough to waive their no moves... its happened before it's just never highlighted. Scratching also is an option but we'll see if it comes to that

You really think. scratching the Leafs second best centre is an option??? Doesn't help the cap at all. Good luck in signing other UFAs, since NMCs mean nothing.
Making the captain and one of the best forwards uncomfortable. That's really gonna to help the team win and what a bad result it would have throughout the dressing room.
May 7 at 12:54 a.m.
Well idk who is trading a number 1 centre rn, Nashville needs game breaking offensive talent and Marner would be your best player ever and he would most likely re-sign due to the fact you can offer him 8 years or you do have the cap space to offer 11-11.5 million dollars.

As for the trade package Saros is a given but goalies do not have high trade value in this league idk why but it’s the reality, Sissons is a 3c who can play up once in a while, and Kemmel is a nice top6 RW but he will never be as good as Marner. So in order to get Marner who is a RW you might as well get rid of the RW prospect who gets pushed out the lineup.

A player like Marner being available is rare and only happens once every few years imo Nashville would be smart to jump on it.

Trotz won't do that. Goalies don't have much trade value, but that is because goalies of Saros's caliber don't get traded almost ever. To Trotz, Saros might be moved for a big piece like Marner, but the package won't be Saros, one of NSH's top 3 prospects, and one of the few centers they do have for another winger. That package gets moved for a top 5 pick or an already established 1C.

If NSH goes after Marner, Saros might be included, but it won't include other top prospects. It will include picks instead.
May 7 at 4:21 p.m.
Leafs Fan / 20
You really think. scratching the Leafs second best centre is an option??? Doesn't help the cap at all. Good luck in signing other UFAs, since NMCs mean nothing.
Making the captain and one of the best forwards uncomfortable. That's really gonna to help the team win and what a bad result it would have throughout the dressing room.

I'm saying there are ways to force players into waiving it. We see it all the time that players waive the NMC, behind the scenes is management making them uncomfortable so that they waive it. Scratching is last resort if anything
May 7 at 6:59 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I'm saying there are ways to force players into waiving it. We see it all the time that players waive the NMC, behind the scenes is management making them uncomfortable so that they waive it. Scratching is last resort if anything

Players waive when going to a "better place". Chicago is hardly a better place, and neither is Nashville for a player who want to build up their stats in contract season.
May 8 at 3:53 p.m.
Leafs Fan / 20
Players waive when going to a "better place". Chicago is hardly a better place, and neither is Nashville for a player who want to build up their stats in contract season.

Nashville is a fine place to go. They're an exciting young team with some potential. Very strong defensively they just need offence help

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll