SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Hometown goalie swaps

Created by: hockeyrocks
Published: May 1 at 11:48 p.m.
Salary Cap: $87,700,000
Season Days: 1/192 (1%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the St. Louis BluesSt. Louis Blues

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Binnington, JordanSt. Louis BluesNHL-$31,250011-------00
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Woll, JosephToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$3,993011-------00
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$14,772,7381835633611
Change$27,257000000
Final$14,799,995 (↑)1835633611000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Woll, JosephToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$3,993011-------00
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Binnington, JordanSt. Louis BluesNHL-$31,250011-------00
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$18,530,333163265239
Change-$27,257000000
Final$18,503,076 (↓)163265239000
May 2 at 2:18 a.m.
blues are going to want more than just woll for binnington
mokumboi liked this.
May 2 at 6:50 a.m.
Imagine Binnington around those hotheads... that would be a real harmonious lockerroom...
May 2 at 8:55 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
NTU...

Woll is already better than Binnington, at 1/7th the price and 5 years younger

Huge pass
May 2 at 10:12 a.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
NTU...

Huge pass

Woll is already better? What is in the water there? Oh my
May 2 at 10:48 a.m.
NTU...

Huge pass

Quoting: StDetroitBlueWings

Woah Woah Woah. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I love Woll and I do believe he's our goalie of the future, but Binnington has a cup, was in the Vezina convo this year. At this time he's the superior goaltender. But age and contract make this trade a no go for the Leafs.
Rhea liked this.
May 2 at 11:04 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: StDetroitBlueWings

Quoting: Dutchies
Woah Woah Woah. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I love Woll and I do believe he's our goalie of the future, but Binnington has a cup, was in the Vezina convo this year. At this time he's the superior goaltender. But age and contract make this trade a no go for the Leafs.

Pre injury, he was a .916 goalie... I believe he rushed his injury which caused his numbers to go down
May 2 at 11:27 a.m.
Pre injury, he was a .916 goalie... I believe he rushed his injury which caused his numbers to go down

But his sample size is much smaller. They didn't rush him back, he was actually out longer than expected. And it took him a while to find his game back, which is understandable. But Binnington is still the better goalie......for now
May 2 at 11:46 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Dutchies
But his sample size is much smaller. They didn't rush him back, he was actually out longer than expected. And it took him a while to find his game back, which is understandable. But Binnington is still the better goalie......for now

I will have to agree to disagree then... Woll struggled when he came back bc of the injury, which dampened his numbers compared to Binnington (whom the 2 have similar numbers in total to in the 1rst place)
May 2 at 4:54 p.m.
Quoting: Element23VM
Imagine Binnington around those hotheads... that would be a real harmonious lockerroom...

The team in front of Binnington hasn't been good since Covid hit. Contrary to popular belief Binnington is far from a locker room cancer. He also hasn't had any antics this year. I'm thoroughly confused by the negative narrative of a player who sticks up for his teammattes and himself because he's a goalie, meanwhile those players in their hometowns are beloved.

As for the thought someone had of Woll being a better goalie than Binnington that is a wildly bad take. I watch 95% of the Blues games. 21-22 was the only "bad" season Binnington has had. Last year he was far and away our best player granted that was on a really bad team so it's hard to leverage where that equates out to. But this is a guy who is capable and has showed very good results starting 75% of a teams game throughout a year. Woll has played in 36 games since his debut with the Leafs. Binnington played in 61 games last season and 57 this year. I don't think Woll is a bad goalie, but you are still in the too early to tell phase with Woll, as we probably are with Hofer, which is why I don't see the Blues trading Binnington this offseason.
May 2 at 5:32 p.m.
Quoting: AC14
The team in front of Binnington hasn't been good since Covid hit. Contrary to popular belief Binnington is far from a locker room cancer. He also hasn't had any antics this year. I'm thoroughly confused by the negative narrative of a player who sticks up for his teammattes and himself because he's a goalie, meanwhile those players in their hometowns are beloved.

To be clear, I wasn't insinuating that Binnington is a locker room cancer... but I do know he has a temper. Having a temper can actually be a pretty good thing in the locker room.
May 3 at 1:31 a.m.
mokumboi
NTU...

Huge pass

What on Earth are you babbling about? Is this meant to be satire?
May 3 at 8:02 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: mokumboi
What on Earth are you babbling about? Is this meant to be satire?

.916 pre-injury... Then look at his playoffs

NTU on moving him
May 4 at 12:48 p.m.
mokumboi

NTU on moving him

He's not already better than Binnington, which is what I responded to. I can't believe this is even a thing someone would say.
May 4 at 6:48 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
He's not already better than Binnington, which is what I responded to. I can't believe this is even a thing someone would say.

He literally brought the leafs back from the dead...

Not going to happen... Leafs aren't moving Woll
May 5 at 12:39 p.m.
mokumboi
He literally brought the leafs back from the dead...

Not going to happen... Leafs aren't moving Woll

Oh, I know, those two first round games automatically make him elite. tears of joy
May 5 at 12:53 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Oh, I know, those two first round games automatically make him elite. tears of joy

The consistently stealing games make him very good
May 5 at 12:56 p.m.
mokumboi
The consistently stealing games make him very good

Oh, so you're saying consistently stealing games makes a goalie very good? But somehow that does not apply to Binnington for doing it waaaaay more for waaaay longer, often behind not as good a team?
May 5 at 12:58 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Oh, so you're saying consistently stealing games makes a goalie very good? But somehow that does not apply to Binnington for doing it waaaaay more for waaaay longer, often behind not as good a team?

Man, those .890 and .901 seasons are stealing games... My bad on that one...

You're right, Maybe the Leafs should keep Matt Murray as well
May 5 at 1:00 p.m.
mokumboi
Man, those .890 and .901 seasons are stealing games... My bad on that one...

You're right, Maybe the Leafs should keep Matt Murray as well

tears of joy

Yeah, because overall season numbers don;t tell individual game stories. When you guys make a point, and it gets pushback, do you even think of it for one second or do you just plow through with the original take? We know you guys never watch the Blues, so where do you imagine you are getting all this insight from? Reading stats is not the same as knowing hockey players.
May 5 at 1:06 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
tears of joy

Yeah, because overall season numbers don;t tell individual game stories. When you guys make a point, and it gets pushback, do you even think of it for one second or do you just plow through with the original take? We know you guys never watch the Blues, so where do you imagine you are getting all this insight from? Reading stats is not the same as knowing hockey players.

ok, when was the last time Binnington had a stretch of games where he stole a few?

It's obvious Binnington's not consistent... and he hasn't proven he can steal games consistently or reliably...

Leafs pass, they don't need that Binnington contract either
May 5 at 1:35 p.m.
mokumboi
ok, when was the last time Binnington had a stretch of games where he stole a few?

It's obvious Binnington's not consistent... and he hasn't proven he can steal games consistently or reliably...

Leafs pass, they don't need that Binnington contract either

tears of joy

So you just block out all reality and plow through... got it.

Woll's quality start pct this season was 48%. Binnington's was 60%. He stole games for the Blues the entire season long. He will likely get a decent amount of Vezina votes when the totals are released. Everybody and their mother knows Binnington was nigh miraculous this season... apparently Toronto doesnt get much hockey coverage. tears of joy

Also, umm, where is Woll's Cup win as a rookie?
May 5 at 1:49 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
tears of joy

So you just block out all reality and plow through... got it.

Woll's quality start pct this season was 48%. Binnington's was 60%. He stole games for the Blues the entire season long. He will likely get a decent amount of Vezina votes when the totals are released. Everybody and their mother knows Binnington was nigh miraculous this season... apparently Toronto doesnt get much hockey coverage. tears of joy

Also, umm, where is Woll's Cup win as a rookie?

That's throughout the entire season, and not factoring that Woll was hurt the last chunk of it... 10/25 games to be exact with 3 of them being quality starts...

so... 25-10=15... 12-3=9

9/15= 60% quality starts... 60%>57.9%

So... My point still stands...
May 5 at 1:58 p.m.
mokumboi
That's throughout the entire season, and not factoring that Woll was hurt the last chunk of it... 10/25 games to be exact with 3 of them being quality starts...

so... 25-10=15... 12-3=9

9/15= 60% quality starts... 60%>57.9%

So... My point still stands...

What are you babbling about now? Do you not understand what percentage means? Woll had 47.8 quality start percentage. That's it. I have no idea what you imagine this books cooking achieves. 47.8%. End of story.
May 5 at 2:08 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
What are you babbling about now? Do you not understand what percentage means? Woll had 47.8 quality start percentage. That's it. I have no idea what you imagine this books cooking achieves. 47.8%. End of story.

I said;

NTU on moving him

I will have to agree to disagree then... Woll struggled when he came back bc of the injury, which dampened his numbers compared to Binnington (whom the 2 have similar numbers in total to in the 1rst place)

Pre injury, his numbers are better than Binnington, which is why you refuse to look at his number pre injury...

So keep it up, you aren't getting Woll... Have fun with it
May 5 at 2:58 p.m.
mokumboi
I said;

Pre injury, his numbers are better than Binnington, which is why you refuse to look at his number pre injury...

So keep it up, you aren't getting Woll... Have fun with it

Yes, of course! If we specifically cherry pick certain games from an already tiny sample size, he's a hall of famer! Johnny Bower, step aside!!

tears of joy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll