Forums/Armchair-GM

What Id consider for game 6

Created by: dons_weeney
Team: 2023-24 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: May 1, 2024
Published: May 1, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Peeke and now Carlo. Wotherspoon has the most experience playing on his off side, so he's taking Carlo's spot. I hate to put forbort in, but having Griz and shatty on the same pairing is sketchy imo. Especially with Lohrei potentially making some rookie mistakes, although he's played pretty well so admittedly the criticism against him is a little unfair.

The Bruins HAVE to be better at drawing penalties. If you're going to rely on power plays to score goals, you NEED to get calls. One power play in game 5? Against one of the most physical teams in the league that led the league in hits, and has Bertuzzi, Domi, and Reaves in the lineup? Really? Unacceptable.

Zacha and Coyle suck right now, let's not sugarcoat it. Not saying they're bad players but in 5 games they've done nothing. Give Geekie a shot at 1C, it worked well for a brief moment in December, and can always be switched out if needed, but nothing to lose here imo.

Swayman played great, different situation than last year, I guess you can keep him in, but I'm fine with either guy playing.

Frederic had a decent game imo, so give him a look at 1LW to start. Can we just admit Heinen is injured?

Marchand/Coyle/Debrusk is the go-to shutdown line, so let's not change that. This is arguably the first line, but this is the shutdown line, the Geekie line is the go-to offensive line so it doesn't really matter.

I'm not huge on Lauko, so I'm gonna put Brazeau on 3rd line. He looked decent in his return. Maroon and Beecher are 4th liners, maaaaybe Boqvist can play 3rd line, but I prefer Brazeau.

But at the end of the day, these little lineup tweaks aren't the issue or the solution. They're playing with fear and anxiety and need to develop the killer instinct that winning teams have. We shall see. Go B's, this is the perfect opportunity to overcome your weakness and put it in the rearview mirror.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$88,753,334$4,500,000$80,000-$5,253,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$3,475,000$3,475,000
G
RFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 1 at 10:18 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I thought Griz looked fine... (Not spiteful by any means, just what I thought while the Leafs were playing Boston)

And what's up with Carlo... Is this a long term thing or is it something else...

Didn't even notice he left the game
May 1 at 10:26 a.m.
Best armchair GM yet
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I thought Griz looked fine... (Not spiteful by any means, just what I thought while the Leafs were playing Boston)

And what's up with Carlo... Is this a long term thing or is it something else...

Didn't even notice he left the game

Yeah can't find anything on the Carlo injury unfortunately. It sounds crazy, but mcavoy might have to play closer to 32~ minutes at this point, which I do believe he's capable of. He's been able to ease from low 20's to high 20's with Peeke going down so quickly, so hopefully that helps. I'm a big Wotherspoon guy, but it's just the domino effect that worries me.

Griz was ok, aside from the GWG and a few sketchy turnovers in the first. I just wouldn't risk him and Shattenkirk in the same lineup let alone the same pair lol.
May 1 at 10:28 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: dons_weeney
Yeah can't find anything on the Carlo injury unfortunately. It sounds crazy, but mcavoy might have to play closer to 32~ minutes at this point, which I do believe he's capable of. He's been able to ease from low 20's to high 20's with Peeke going down so quickly, so hopefully that helps. I'm a big Wotherspoon guy, but it's just the domino effect that worries me.

Griz was ok, aside from the GWG and a few sketchy turnovers in the first. I just wouldn't risk him and Shattenkirk in the same lineup let alone the same pair lol.

Makes sense... Now I'm really hoping it's nothing with Matthews...

What do you think the chances are for each team and each scenario (Leafs in 7, Bruins in 6, Bruins in 7)

I've still got Bruins in 7 (as a Leafs fan, crazy, but I'm sticking to what I said pre-G1)
May 1 at 10:34 a.m.
Best armchair GM yet
Makes sense... Now I'm really hoping it's nothing with Matthews...

What do you think the chances are for each team and each scenario (Leafs in 7, Bruins in 6, Bruins in 7)

I've still got Bruins in 7 (as a Leafs fan, crazy, but I'm sticking to what I said pre-G1)

I picked leafs in 7, I think each fan base has PTSD tears of joy I'll ultimately stick with that because I don't change my picks. To be more specific, I actually did predict that the Bruins would go up 2-1 or so then Woll would steal the series. Who knows if that actually happens, but kinda funny that it seemingly is a possibility now.

If things stay the way they are I think the Bruins end up winning. That being Swayman playing out of his mind, and Matthews clearly not being 100%. But Swayman comes back down to earth and/or Matthews heals up, I think the Bruins are done. If it goes to game 7, I think the leafs do win.

Ultimately, I'd say the Bruins have a 60% chance to win in 6, and if it goes to 7 I'd put my money on the leafs this time.
May 1 at 10:42 a.m.
Frederic-Geekie-Pastrnak is a line that has not played at all together and it's questionable to work out. Same for 21-88-55. Aside from a goal, both JVR and Geekie haven't been really good, no chance I'd consider Geekie as 1C when he's struggled in the top6. You don't want Grzelcyk-Shattenkirk, but how is Forbort-Shattenkirk better or Forbort alone? He shouldn't be in the lineup unless they're missing 4-5 Ds.
May 1 at 10:45 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I picked leafs in 7, I think each fan base has PTSD tears of joy I'll ultimately stick with that because I don't change my picks. To be more specific, I actually did predict that the Bruins would go up 2-1 or so then Woll would steal the series. Who knows if that actually happens, but kinda funny that it seemingly is a possibility now.

If things stay the way they are I think the Bruins end up winning. That being Swayman playing out of his mind, and Matthews clearly not being 100%. But Swayman comes back down to earth and/or Matthews heals up, I think the Bruins are done. If it goes to game 7, I think the leafs do win.

Ultimately, I'd say the Bruins have a 60% chance to win in 6, and if it goes to 7 I'd put my money on the leafs this time.

Lol... But PTSD has been with me for 20+ years... You've only got 1 year 😂...

Swayman's been awesome... Really happy he's found his game as I've always liked him...

Hoping you are right... But the leafs love to ripped any hope I have, then give me a little bit, only to rip out more hope... So I've got Bs in 7, Bs in 6 is the next most likely thing... Leafs are 1-8 in their last 9 home games
May 1 at 10:46 a.m.
Best armchair GM yet
Quoting: bhavikp27
Frederic-Geekie-Pastrnak is a line that has not played at all together and it's questionable to work out. Same for 21-88-55. Aside from a goal, both JVR and Geekie haven't been really good, no chance I'd consider Geekie as 1C when he's struggled in the top6. You don't want Grzelcyk-Shattenkirk, but how is Forbort-Shattenkirk better or Forbort alone? He shouldn't be in the lineup unless they're missing 4-5 Ds.

Rational takes. The Forbort one is tricky, because Griz has a lower ceiling defensively imo, but he's of course more fresh. I'm thinking ahead to PKs here, unless they put Beecher as a defenseman I'm just not sure I like having Mcavoy and Lindholm eat those minutes when they're gonna be relied on heavy 5v5 and P too. I guess what I'm trying to say is Forbort shouldn't be too bad on the PK, and that may be worth putting him in for.
May 1 at 2:35 p.m.
Rational takes. The Forbort one is tricky, because Griz has a lower ceiling defensively imo, but he's of course more fresh. I'm thinking ahead to PKs here, unless they put Beecher as a defenseman I'm just not sure I like having Mcavoy and Lindholm eat those minutes when they're gonna be relied on heavy 5v5 and P too. I guess what I'm trying to say is Forbort shouldn't be too bad on the PK, and that may be worth putting him in for.

Fortunately, Carlo is good to go and Forbort's PK aside, he's awful at 5v5 which is where they have struggled so it would get worse. PK should be fine even if they were missing Carlo.
May 1 at 2:38 p.m.
Bcarlo25
you might be the most reactionary person on the internet.

first off, carlo is fine.
go back to the same lineup from game 4. done. sheesh.
May 1 at 3:35 p.m.
Ultimately, the team didn’t show up last night. If Swayman doesn’t show up, it’s a big loss and the blame goes mostly on the stars.

My belief is Boston should win one the next two.
May 3 at 4:07 p.m.
Best armchair GM yet
Quoting: Bcarlo25
you might be the most reactionary person on the internet.

first off, carlo is fine.
go back to the same lineup from game 4. done. sheesh.

Geekie centering Pastrnak halfway through the game. What they're doing clearly has not been working, so it's logical to try something new.

The real issue here is the bruins have been exposed for relying too heavily on the power play. Now they're not getting calls, and sure enough the offense has completely dried up. You can call it reactionary but just about everything I've posted about has come to fruition. Luckily I was wrong about the Carlo injury haha.

But literally every game my lineup predictions end up being mostly correct. I guess Montgomery is reactionary too, whether it's for better or worse who knows.
May 3 at 4:19 p.m.
Best armchair GM yet
Lol... But PTSD has been with me for 20+ years... You've only got 1 year 😂...

Swayman's been awesome... Really happy he's found his game as I've always liked him...

Hoping you are right... But the leafs love to ripped any hope I have, then give me a little bit, only to rip out more hope... So I've got Bs in 7, Bs in 6 is the next most likely thing... Leafs are 1-8 in their last 9 home games

Looking good for the leafs at this point, they're shutting down any chance boston gets and they're keeping them to the outside. Woll leads the playoffs in save % and GAA, and I think that's far more reflective of the team than it is him. Of course he's played well, but the bruins haven't gotten any good looks, in large part to the leafs defense.

Swaymans playing out of his mind, but nobody else is even close to his level of compete/urgency

The most overlooked reason why the leafs are winning now is the fast that they instantly cleaned up their game penalty wise. 2 penalties in the last 2 games is incredibly disciplined. They realized Boston was winning off of power play goals, and when you take that away you see what the bruins really are.

Will be an interesting game 7, I'm going Leafs 4-1, knies/nylander/domi/marner the goal scorers

Although is it possible to pick both teams to lose? tears of joy
May 3 at 7:18 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Looking good for the leafs at this point, they're shutting down any chance boston gets and they're keeping them to the outside. Woll leads the playoffs in save % and GAA, and I think that's far more reflective of the team than it is him. Of course he's played well, but the bruins haven't gotten any good looks, in large part to the leafs defense.

Swaymans playing out of his mind, but nobody else is even close to his level of compete/urgency

The most overlooked reason why the leafs are winning now is the fast that they instantly cleaned up their game penalty wise. 2 penalties in the last 2 games is incredibly disciplined. They realized Boston was winning off of power play goals, and when you take that away you see what the bruins really are.

Will be an interesting game 7, I'm going Leafs 4-1, knies/nylander/domi/marner the goal scorers

Although is it possible to pick both teams to lose? tears of joy

Swayman's been fantastic though... And I'm sticking to what I orginally said, Bruins in 7... 3-2 OT BOS with Pasta OT winner...

Leafs haven't scored 4 since RD1 G4 last year... They need to figure it out...

PP still sucks and it's Swayman...

But I hope you are right and I'm wrong lol...
dons_weeney liked this.
May 6 at 11:10 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Geekie centering Pastrnak halfway through the game. What they're doing clearly has not been working, so it's logical to try something new.

The real issue here is the bruins have been exposed for relying too heavily on the power play. Now they're not getting calls, and sure enough the offense has completely dried up. You can call it reactionary but just about everything I've posted about has come to fruition. Luckily I was wrong about the Carlo injury haha.

But literally every game my lineup predictions end up being mostly correct. I guess Montgomery is reactionary too, whether it's for better or worse who knows.

no - they literally don't. quite literally, montgomery shifts lines around constantly. you get lucky with heinen getting hurt. otherwise that line isn't touched.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll