SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 7 - Shambles

May 2 at 12:35 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
Excuse me what? LOL

Cooper did not get outcoached at all. Tampa outplayed the Leafs for most of that series but the Leafs got lucky at times.

I don't know what you were watching but playing rope-a-dope for 2 periods and finally getting your act together for the 3rd period and OT was anything but outcoaching.

Yea Keefe didnt outcoach him

But it had seemed for a bit Keefe and the Leafs have TBL number when they try lul
May 2 at 12:37 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 2 at 1:53 p.m.
The only scenario I would be okay with Keefe back as the coach would be a finals appearance. Yeah it's a high bar but...now we're in the later stages of this core's years and can't waste time with poor coaching choices/decisions.

I either see it a R3 in 7 exit or a Finals appearance that saves that man
May 2 at 7:12 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Excuse me what? LOL

Cooper did not get outcoached at all. Tampa outplayed the Leafs for most of that series but the Leafs got lucky at times.

I don't know what you were watching but playing rope-a-dope for 2 periods and finally getting your act together for the 3rd period and OT was anything but outcoaching.

Lol, no they didn't... The Leafs should have won G2, G4, G5 and G6... TBL should have won G1 and G3... Which means Leafs win 4-2
May 2 at 8:03 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Just some control over the team, like suggestions to management over players they should bring in and stuff

It's such revionsionists history to think that... think of the games individually, Tampa should have won 2/6 (G1 and G3) whereas Toronto should have won 4 (G2, G4, G5 and G6), so it evens out

Cooper did outcoach the league for multiple years, but so did Babcock, are we trying to sign him too?

Revisionist history is rewriting the series like TO had any business winning it or giving credit to the coach. Rielly and Matthews were the best two players in the series and Tampa couldn't stop them. Was two individual efforts that got them past a team that scored over 3 goals against TO in the round.

You just bend reality to fit your opinion. That is revisionist history to a T.
May 2 at 8:04 a.m.
Rip
Lol, no they didn't... The Leafs should have won G2, G4, G5 and G6... TBL should have won G1 and G3... Which means Leafs win 4-2

Looking at the box scores a year later and making up stuff eh?
May 2 at 8:06 a.m.
Rip
The only scenario I would be okay with Keefe back as the coach would be a finals appearance. Yeah it's a high bar but...now we're in the later stages of this core's years and can't waste time with poor coaching choices/decisions.

Cup or fire him
May 2 at 8:20 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: RipNasty
Revisionist history is rewriting the series like TO had any business winning it or giving credit to the coach. Rielly and Matthews were the best two players in the series and Tampa couldn't stop them. Was two individual efforts that got them past a team that scored over 3 goals against TO in the round.

You just bend reality to fit your opinion. That is revisionist history to a T.

Funny, I bet if Toronto goes toe to toe with Florida last year, we say that they dominated Tampa, but they didn't... So revisionists history says they barely beat Tampa

Looking at the box scores a year later and making up stuff eh?

Nope, watched the games, had that feeling at the time and share that same feeling right now...
May 2 at 9:04 a.m.
Rip
Funny, I bet if Toronto goes toe to toe with Florida last year, we say that they dominated Tampa, but they didn't... So revisionists history says they barely beat Tampa

Nope, watched the games, had that feeling at the time and share that same feeling right now...

No one is agreeing with you man. You are off base.
May 2 at 9:07 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
No one is agreeing with you man. You are off base.

Nobody agreeing with me and me being off-base are 2 unrelated things, you know
May 2 at 9:14 a.m.
Rip
Nobody agreeing with me and me being off-base are 2 unrelated things, you know

Everyone telling you wrong is very good sign you are off base. Cooper did not get out coached by Keefe and Florida is just a much better team than Tampa right now. It wasn't a coaching thing it was a team thing. One team is really good the other not very good anymore.
May 2 at 9:17 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Everyone telling you wrong is very good sign you are off base. Cooper did not get out coached by Keefe and Florida is just a much better team than Tampa right now. It wasn't a coaching thing it was a team thing. One team is really good the other not very good anymore.

Tampa was a year removed from the SCF... Toronto bulked up, yes... But they outplayed Tampa and so did Florida...

Cooper is not good at managing a team with deficiencies... Rod, on the other hand, can manage a team with issues...
May 2 at 9:41 a.m.
Rip
Tampa was a year removed from the SCF... Toronto bulked up, yes... But they outplayed Tampa and so did Florida...

Cooper is not good at managing a team with deficiencies... Rod, on the other hand, can manage a team with issues...

Literally everyone is disagreeing with you. The numbers disagree with you. Reality disagrees with you. Learning things is wise my friend.
May 2 at 11:03 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Literally everyone is disagreeing with you. The numbers disagree with you. Reality disagrees with you. Learning things is wise my friend.

The numbers are agreeing with me lol... Leafs outshot Tampa in 4/6 games... They won 4-2 in the series... The number agree with me... Random user on a forum website disagree, but even then...
May 2 at 11:17 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
According to CJ, it looks like it will be unlikely that Matthews plays game 6...
May 2 at 11:22 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: Random2152
Knights swept the rangers in the 2nd round

Crap. Well I guess I do kind of have to cheer for the knight now that they have Cowan lol
May 2 at 11:27 a.m.
Rip
The numbers are agreeing with me lol... Leafs outshot Tampa in 4/6 games... They won 4-2 in the series... The number agree with me... Random user on a forum website disagree, but even then...

Out shooting a team means nothing if the shots you give up are more dangerous. Once again you are bending things to fit your opinion. The Leafs did not deserve a win vs Tampa. They got lucky.
May 2 at 11:44 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Out shooting a team means nothing if the shots you give up are more dangerous. Once again you are bending things to fit your opinion. The Leafs did not deserve a win vs Tampa. They got lucky.

It's usually a good indication that Toronto did... Then you look at the shot charts and you see most of Toronto's chances are int he slot and TBL's chances are mostly from the outside or on the point...

My point stands, Toronto had better quality shots at a higher volume than Tampa
May 2 at 11:58 a.m.
Rip
It's usually a good indication that Toronto did... Then you look at the shot charts and you see most of Toronto's chances are int he slot and TBL's chances are mostly from the outside or on the point...

My point stands, Toronto had better quality shots at a higher volume than Tampa

And yet, everyone here disagrees with you. I guess you are the smartest person in the world eh?
May 2 at 12:26 p.m.
Cowan Season
A lot of call ups today since the Marlies lost this week, I wonder if it will impact the lineup. (Doubtful)

Matthews is out, hopefully the boys can step up tonight again.

Go Leafs Go!
RipNasty liked this.
May 2 at 1:57 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 2 at 2:03 p.m.
Cup or fire him

Lul no if Keefe got Toronto to the SCF even if they lost he would stay as he would be the only guy to do it since 1967

Even if they didnt win that would save him as he would have got them further than even the legendary Pat Burns
May 2 at 2:25 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Saskleaf
Crap. Well I guess I do kind of have to cheer for the knight now that they have Cowan lol

Wouldn't be the first fan base. The soo are cheering against the spirit with us right now lmao
Saskleaf liked this.
May 2 at 3:05 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
https://twitter.com/LondonKnights/status/1786097588820721998

I think we can no longer question Wes Clark anymore and should just let the man cook

Went from drafted to early to going on a big point streak, to winning MVP all in 1 year
May 2 at 3:16 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
Lul no if Keefe got Toronto to the SCF even if they lost he would stay as he would be the only guy to do it since 1967

Even if they didnt win that would save him as he would have got them further than even the legendary Pat Burns

Yeah probably
May 2 at 3:38 p.m.
average joe

Today is the 57th anniversary, by the way.
May 2 at 3:58 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
https://twitter.com/LondonKnights/status/1786097588820721998

I think we can no longer question Wes Clark anymore and should just let the man cook

Went from drafted to early to going on a big point streak, to winning MVP all in 1 year

Alright this is the last time I'll post something like this:

I ****ING TOLD YOU GUYS!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll