SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Arizona Coyotes

Hypothetical Expansion Draft if it were this year

Apr. 24 at 1:41 p.m.
I tried to guess who each team would protect and conduct an expansion draft based on the Seattle and Vegas rules. How would you feel about this team.

Line 1 - LW Anthony Duclair (Tampa), C Mikael Backlund (Calgary), RW Conor Garland (Vancouver)
Line 2 - LW Tyler Bertuzzi (Toronto), C Lars Eller (Pittsburgh), RW Kevin Labanc (San Jose)
Line 3 - LW Pierre Engvall (NYI), C Scott Laughton (Philadelphia), RW Daniel Sprong (Detroit)
Line 4 - Marcus Johansson (Minnesota), C Nick Bjugstad (Arizona/Utah), RW Joel Armia (Montreal)

D1 - Nick Leddy (St. Louis), Brett Pesce (Carolina)
D2 - Ryan Lindgren (NYR), Josh Manson (Colorado)
D3 - Jamie Oleksiak (Seattle), Erik Gudbranson (Columbus)

G1 - Linus Ulmark (Boston)
G2 - Spencer Knight (Florida)

Reserve 1 - Ty Dellandrea (Dallas)
Reserve 2 - Alex Limoges (Washington)
Reserve 3 - Logan Stanley (Winnipeg)

That roster leaves about 8.6 Million in Cap Space assuming the cap climbs to 87.5, so a bit of flexibility would exist as well.

How do you think this team would do? I think they might struggle to score goals, but they would have a really good defense and probably top 10 goaltending which could allow them to steal some games. I'd think this team could probably get somewhere around 82 points in year 1 which is better than we've seen for quite some time, and they'd have cap space to go out and sign a top end free agent, and could probably flip some players for draft picks as they look to build up the pipeline as well.

This obviously won't be the team they get if they come back, but I think it's a good taste of the kind of team we could expect to see in 5 years.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll