Cooley > Slafkovsky
Apr. 17 at 8:20 p.m.
Quoting: BillytheKid3
Cooley > Slafkovsky

Nah, Slaf had a very good 2nd half of the season. We’re happy with him
Caufield liked this.
Apr. 17 at 8:39 p.m.
ht42
As a Habs fan, Hutson is high, but I think that his first two games makes a impact about your ranking ??
ggha777 liked this.
Apr. 17 at 8:48 p.m.
ht42
Cooley > Slafkovsky

Slaf is more complete and phisycal than Cooley.

Both are great, but Slaf clears him 100%
Apr. 17 at 9:06 p.m.
Quoting: ht42
As a Habs fan, Hutson is high, but I think that his first two games makes a impact about your ranking ??

He should probably top 10 at this point
Apr. 17 at 10:02 p.m.
Quoting: ggha777
Nah, Slaf had a very good 2nd half of the season. We’re happy with him

Slaf is more complete and phisycal than Cooley.

Both are great, but Slaf clears him 100%

I’m not trying to troll, so I should have added more context.

Slaf is a sure fire top line player and as a Sens fan I’d love to see him on our squad. He’s going to be the highest point getter the Habs have had since Kovalev.

However, Cooley is better and more complete. I will concede that Slaf is more physical. But in terms of long term impact, Cooley becomes the better player in my opinion. Though it’s close, I don’t think the Habs were wrong to take him 1, though it was surprising.
Apr. 18 at 3:12 a.m.
mokumboi
Everyone needs to pump the brakes on Hutson. I get he's very exciting and that he's made a couple offensive plays and that it's pretty amazing they're already playing him 20-something minutes.

BUT he also has SO MUCH work to do defensively. He was already at fault on an OT winner and a 3rd period equalizer, and that doesn't include the 3-4 D zone giveaways he got away with. Two warm and cold games does not vault him past a bunch of legit top 25 prospects (a few of whom somehow don't even make the list above Miro, but that's a whole other thing).

He doesn't magically soar above Jiricek and Gauthier and Snuggerud and Yurov and Nazar and others that easily.
Apr. 18 at 9:54 a.m.
I’m not trying to troll, so I should have added more context.

Slaf is a sure fire top line player and as a Sens fan I’d love to see him on our squad. He’s going to be the highest point getter the Habs have had since Kovalev.

However, Cooley is better and more complete. I will concede that Slaf is more physical. But in terms of long term impact, Cooley becomes the better player in my opinion. Though it’s close, I don’t think the Habs were wrong to take him 1, though it was surprising.

In long term, Slafkovsky will be better than Cooley. Cooley is faster and better at face-off. Slafkovsky takes shots, playmaking, field hockey IQ, defense, mental. Plus, he's a power forward, he disturbs opposing guards and joeurus, he's more physical, he blocks shots, he hits. Cooley's development is likely to take longer than Slafkovsky's because of his environment. Slafkovsky is already on a team that will be competitive in about 2 years. Cooley, on the other hand, is in a team that is in the process of rebuilding and relocating, and is likely to undergo a lot of changes. If you'd told me that at the start of the season, I'd have agreed with you, but right now I see Slafkovsky becoming the better of the two. Cooley will probably become a PPG center, but I see Slafkovsky doing more than that. One thing is pretty sure; both are going to be very good players, both dominant in the league.

I'm not a habs fan by the way
BillytheKid3 liked this.
Apr. 18 at 10:18 a.m.
ht42
Quoting: mokumboi
Everyone needs to pump the brakes on Hutson. I get he's very exciting and that he's made a couple offensive plays and that it's pretty amazing they're already playing him 20-something minutes.

BUT he also has SO MUCH work to do defensively. He was already at fault on an OT winner and a 3rd period equalizer, and that doesn't include the 3-4 D zone giveaways he got away with. Two warm and cold games does not vault him past a bunch of legit top 25 prospects (a few of whom somehow don't even make the list above Miro, but that's a whole other thing).

He doesn't magically soar above Jiricek and Gauthier and Snuggerud and Yurov and Nazar and others that easily.

I understand the points that you want to said, but I have some things to ajust.

- For the Raymond OT goal, Anderson didn't really pushed hard on Larkin and maybe the only mistake that he maked is that he didn't turned on the good side, but I can considerate that as a nervosity for a 1st NHL game.

- About the 3rd period equalizer, if you talking about the Sprong goal on a no angle ???? If is that, Hutson haves nothing to do with that, all of that is about the Primeau's position.....

- A huge mistake that I can considerate is the Compher 1st goal on the game in Detroit, out of his position because he followed Kane, but that's also happened in the 1st 10min of his NHL career...

But I think defensively, he is underrated, especially about when he relaunch the play in the D-zone and the way that he use his size defensively. Even that it's little bit early to said that he can be that high, I think that he is easily the biggest steal of this Draft and also a likely top 15.

Elite Prospect maked a great and interresting analysis about the two first games of Hutson. The link of the video is there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdOLDz6i_9Q
Apr. 18 at 10:58 a.m.
mokumboi
I understand the points that you want to said, but I have some things to ajust.

- For the Raymond OT goal, Anderson didn't really pushed hard on Larkin and maybe the only mistake that he maked is that he didn't turned on the good side, but I can considerate that as a nervosity for a 1st NHL game.

- About the 3rd period equalizer, if you talking about the Sprong goal on a no angle ???? If is that, Hutson haves nothing to do with that, all of that is about the Primeau's position.....

- A huge mistake that I can considerate is the Compher 1st goal on the game in Detroit, out of his position because he followed Kane, but that's also happened in the 1st 10min of his NHL career...

But I think defensively, he is underrated, especially about when he relaunch the play in the D-zone and the way that he use his size defensively. Even that it's little bit early to said that he can be that high, I think that he is easily the biggest steal of this Draft and also a likely top 15.

Elite Prospect maked a great and interresting analysis about the two first games of Hutson. The link of the video is there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdOLDz6i_9Q

I appreciate the measured take, believe me I do, but a point of order on the bolded section: Sprong never should have had the puck there. Hutson gave it away cheaply at the blue line, then puck battle watched instead of getting into good position, and because of that could only wave at Sprong's puck possession and shot. He messed that one all up, brother.

He's appropriately rated defensively. At least for the time being. Yep.
Apr. 18 at 11:08 a.m.
ht42
I appreciate the measured take, believe me I do, but a point of order on the bolded section: Sprong never should have had the puck there. Hutson gave it away cheaply at the blue line, then puck battle watched instead of getting into good position, and because of that could only wave at Sprong's puck possession and shot. He messed that one all up, brother.

He's appropriately rated defensively. At least for the time being. Yep.

Even that I was at the Bell Centre for this game, I think that I will gonna need to see the replay of the sequence, but if only Primeau wasn't bad positioned, I don't really think that the puck will gonna went in.....
Apr. 18 at 11:11 a.m.
mokumboi
Even that I was at the Bell Centre for this game, I think that I will gonna need to see the replay of the sequence, but if only Primeau wasn't bad positioned, I don't really think that the puck will gonna went in.....

Yes, of course Primeau screwed up. But Hutson's mistakes set up the whole situation. The Habs should have been out of the zone 3-4 seconds earlier.

Side note: it's always been a dream of mine to see a game in Montreal. I'll get there one day. And it will surelybe expensive. squinty smile
Apr. 19 at 10:32 a.m.
ht42
Yes, of course Primeau screwed up. But Hutson's mistakes set up the whole situation. The Habs should have been out of the zone 3-4 seconds earlier.

Side note: it's always been a dream of mine to see a game in Montreal. I'll get there one day. And it will surelybe expensive. squinty smile

Bell Centre is always a special place for a hockey game, even when the roster is good or bad. But the best time is a Sathurday Night : if the game is tight and intense, the atmosphere is to another level (ex : the Habs vs Bruins game in November this season). But personally, I suggest you the Molson Zone if you want somes very good atmosphere, because all the Bell Centre atmosphere is from this section, and they are the less expensive tickets.
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 19 at 10:34 a.m.
mokumboi
Bell Centre is always a special place for a hockey game, even when the roster is good or bad. But the best time is a Sathurday Night : if the game is tight and intense, the atmosphere is to another level (ex : the Habs vs Bruins game in November this season). But personally, I suggest you the Molson Zone if you want somes very good atmosphere, because all the Bell Centre atmosphere is from this section, and they are the less expensive tickets.

Good tips!
Apr. 19 at 10:35 a.m.
ht42
Good tips!

I also need to add that tickets on a Sathurday Night are more expensive than a game during a week.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll