Forums/Armchair-GM

Mailloux called up Bye Barron

Created by: Andy_Dick
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 16, 2024
Published: Apr. 16, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Mailloux called up, an hour ago and just in time to trigger the eternally online ignorant folks that can't research anything but rely on hearsay to call Mailloux a rapist and somehow worse than the 2018 WJHC
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$83,500,000$78,560,416$1,170,000$4,392,500$4,939,584
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$950,000$950,000
LD
RFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$835,000$835,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 16 at 12:27 a.m.
He had consensual sex, took pictures without her knowledge and shared them with his teammates. Not a good “character” moment for sure, but I’ve been in locker rooms and seen guys share their inappropriate escapades before. It’s more common than it should be honestly.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 16 at 12:31 a.m.
Habs4ever
I’ve watched every Laval Rocket game this year and it’s a good call up. I don’t think it’s bye bye Barron. If anything it will push all the D to train hard this summer.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 16 at 12:39 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
He had consensual sex, took pictures without her knowledge and shared them with his teammates. Not a good “character” moment for sure, but I’ve been in locker rooms and seen guys share their inappropriate escapades before. It’s more common than it should be honestly.

Anyone that lived through the 90s and played sports has seen way worse in locker rooms, hell, high school. And, Mailloux was a minor at the time, everyone deserves second chances for something so minor when you are talking about sharing photos. Its was a dumb mistake, he was trying to show off. I remember whole folders of such photos. It was everywhere.

And, I guarantee that Joel Quenneville will be back in the game despite being complicit in covering up actual rape in the Blackhawks organization The problem was that Mailloux left himself open to the trolls and hearsay.
Apr. 16 at 1:07 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Nah, my guess is Kovacevic gets scratched.

If they want to get crazy, rest up Matheson and Savard. Full chaos (insert “Elmo fire meme” lol)

Hutson - Kovacevic
Struble - Mailloux
Harris - Barron
Apr. 16 at 1:15 a.m.
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Anyone that lived through the 90s and played sports has seen way worse in locker rooms, hell, high school. And, Mailloux was a minor at the time, everyone deserves second chances for something so minor when you are talking about sharing photos. Its was a dumb mistake, he was trying to show off. I remember whole folders of such photos. It was everywhere.

And, I guarantee that Joel Quenneville will be back in the game despite being complicit in covering up actual rape in the Blackhawks organization The problem was that Mailloux left himself open to the trolls and hearsay.

Mailoux’s ordeal was an overcompensation of sorts for trying to quell a toxic masculinity in hockey after the Canada juniors and Chicago debacle. While I am in no way condoning what he did, it should have never left that locker room honestly.

I will say when evaluating players you have to take into account personality and moral compass and this does question his moral compass. But I would give him a 2nd chance.
Apr. 16 at 1:52 a.m.

This isn't the 90's first off and I doubt the girl he did it to or her family think its "minor". Having said that, I agree everyone deserves a second chance, especially young kids, but lets not act like what he did was a minor infraction of some kind.
drambui liked this.
Apr. 16 at 2:12 a.m.
mokumboi
Oh great. Now we get to have horrible excuses for human beings act all righteous in defending this scumbag. Because hockey.

I must be an alien. Beam me up, Glipnorp.
Apr. 16 at 12:24 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Cornbreadnhl
This isn't the 90's first off and I doubt the girl he did it to or her family think its "minor". Having said that, I agree everyone deserves a second chance, especially young kids, but lets not act like what he did was a minor infraction of some kind.

Blah blah out of context blah blah. it was minor and thats why he's in the nhl and the only reason he was exposed was because he was just that a kid with a paper trail with his smart phone. that has been done in the past whether 90s, 2000s wtv and is still out there today! but i suppose your just another perfect soul.

it was very minor. it was a consensual act but dont let me interfere with your grandstanding because a 17 year old made a minor mistake and even asked to put his carer on hold. i understand the angry mob never forgets and cancelling someone is very typical these days. the girl pushed it as far as she could and got her justice by almost ruining his career
Apr. 16 at 12:56 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: mokumboi
Oh great. Now we get to have horrible excuses for human beings act all righteous in defending this scumbag. Because hockey.

I must be an alien. Beam me up, Glipnorp.

Oh please, keyboard White knight!, Who art holier-than-thou, what should be done with Mailloux?

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, this story needs to die, from both sides (the idiots trying to defend his actions AND the morons virtue signaling by continuously trying to remind everyone how horrible he is). There are players, coaches, scouts all currently in the NHL that have shadier backgrounds (sexual harassment charges, some with DUIs that have actually killed people...), but because they aren't the flavor of today, nobody talks about them...
Apr. 16 at 1:01 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Oh please, keyboard White knight!, Who art holier-than-thou, what should be done with Mailloux?

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, this story needs to die, from both sides (the idiots trying to defend his actions AND the morons virtue signaling by continuously trying to remind everyone how horrible he is). There are players, coaches, scouts all currently in the NHL that have shadier backgrounds (sexual harassment charges, some with DUIs that have actually killed people...), but because they aren't the flavor of today, nobody talks about them...

Blah blah blah virtue signalling white knight...

TRANSLATION: Someone has firmer morals than me, so I have to knock them down as being fake and performative, because that's all I have, because reaching and flailing.

Blah blah blah both sides blah blah blah. Talk about performing. tears of joy
Apr. 16 at 1:30 p.m.
Hopefully the Red Wings coaching staff watched his video to prepare for tonight........

awesome face
Apr. 16 at 1:37 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: mokumboi
Blah blah blah virtue signalling white knight...

TRANSLATION: Someone has firmer morals than me, so I have to knock them down as being fake and performative, because that's all I have, because reaching and flailing.

Blah blah blah both sides blah blah blah. Talk about performing. tears of joy

The fact that you think you have "firmer morals", and completely disregard the serious part of the comment with "Blah blah blah both sides blah blah blah" just further proves my point:

You're just a glib internet white knight. Keep on fighting the good fight dude! Pathetic...
Andy_Dick liked this.
Apr. 16 at 4:01 p.m.
Blah blah out of context blah blah. it was minor and thats why he's in the nhl and the only reason he was exposed was because he was just that a kid with a paper trail with his smart phone. that has been done in the past whether 90s, 2000s wtv and is still out there today! but i suppose your just another perfect soul.

it was very minor. it was a consensual act but dont let me interfere with your grandstanding because a 17 year old made a minor mistake and even asked to put his carer on hold. i understand the angry mob never forgets and cancelling someone is very typical these days. the girl pushed it as far as she could and got her justice by almost ruining his career

Wow, what a child you are. I said he deserves a 2nd chance or can't you read? Showing nude/sexual pictures of someone you have sex with to other people is not a "minor" mistake no matter how old you were at the time or how you got caught. Those are just excuses for his rather large error in judgement. Would you say it was "minor" if the girl in the pictures had been your sister or daughter? Judging by your reply I'm guessing you wouldn't care if it was which says a lot about you.
Apr. 16 at 7:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Cornbreadnhl
Wow, what a child you are. I said he deserves a 2nd chance or can't you read? Showing nude/sexual pictures of someone you have sex with to other people is not a "minor" mistake no matter how old you were at the time or how you got caught. Those are just excuses for his rather large error in judgement. Would you say it was "minor" if the girl in the pictures had been your sister or daughter? Judging by your reply I'm guessing you wouldn't care if it was which says a lot about you.

Stfu 🤫 I said nothing about you personally but you choose to make it personal with me. Nice job. You’re a real winner I’m sure those 5 people reading this thread will give you some internet brownie points. Loser. You keyboard warriors are simply terrible humans to pretend to be so righteous without faults online.

Mailloux 1st point!!
Apr. 16 at 7:38 p.m.
Banned
The fact that you think you have "firmer morals", and completely disregard the serious part of the comment with "Blah blah blah both sides blah blah blah" just further proves my point:

You're just a glib internet white knight. Keep on fighting the good fight dude! Pathetic...

Typical weirdo behaviour to assume they can judge endlessly and if we don’t fall in line we are bigots.

Scary society with these ppl running around thinking they walk on water. Life is a series of mistakes. To think of what Mailloux did was anything close to rape and sexual assault. Beyond stupid.
Apr. 16 at 7:47 p.m.
mokumboi

The serious part of the point???

tears of joy

It was mostly just a childish, tired, flailing attempt to attack me. Gosh, why so serious?! tears of joy
Apr. 16 at 8:19 p.m.
Stfu 🤫 I said nothing about you personally but you choose to make it personal with me. Nice job. You’re a real winner I’m sure those 5 people reading this thread will give you some internet brownie points. Loser. You keyboard warriors are simply terrible humans to pretend to be so righteous without faults online.

Mailloux 1st point!!

So saying he deserves a 2nd chance = terrible human? You're obviously a POS.
Apr. 16 at 10:49 p.m.
Banned
Edited Apr. 16 at 10:54 p.m.

giphy.gif

The crazy part was the woman didnt even want to meet with Mailloux and wanted a written apology then thought it wasn't sincere enough when afterwards online trolls took that info and ran with it to say he didnt pay a big enough price and we are here 4 years later, still talking about this.
While the same media that cater to Joel Quenneville for their media passes BUT because they have no relationship to Mailloux, he doesnt get softball questions and idiots let the propaganda cloud their judgement instead of looking at the facts.

It will never end for the folks and their cancel culture. They are weak people that need to stand on others shoulders much like this woman, a woman, no less, older than Mailloux and she went after a minor But Craig Mctavish killed a man in a car when wreckless driving and yet these weirdos that claim Mailloux is so much less than their impeccable character have never even understood what life or death means as opposed to virtue signaling which is all they know online.

So she wanted an apology, she got an apology, but she didn’t like the format of the apology, yet denied him any other platform to apologize.

Then, she didn’t feel the apology was sincere enough.

Did I miss anything?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll