SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Prospect Talk/ Expectations For Next Year

Mar. 10 at 11:26 a.m.
DepressedHabsFan
I'm only going to be picking 3 to analyze and hopefully we have more people chiming in.

David Reinbacher - i don't feel like we talk about him enough, he is struggling in Austria, which could lead to one of 2 scenarios,
1: Reinbacher stays with Kloten and development continues overseas.
2: Hughes brings him to Laval for a change of scenery and hopefully a confidence boost
either way i think it's a long road forward, but good news, he's a teenager and our defensive pool is great.

Lane Hutson - I can't see him not being put in Laval at the very least, he is our next guy in my opinion, of course it helps playing with the #1 pick next year on the #1 ranked team in the country but he has shown his individual skill on a level that will make dangerous in Laval.

Owen Beck - Beck is in a bit of a middle ground, but i don't expect him to make opening roster, eventually our health issues will prevail and hopefully he will be called up and produce well, but hopefully in Laval he shows why he can be a future top 6 for us.
Mar. 13 at 5:57 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: GradyTheOtherXhekaj
I'm only going to be picking 3 to analyze and hopefully we have more people chiming in.

David Reinbacher - i don't feel like we talk about him enough, he is struggling in Austria, which could lead to one of 2 scenarios,
1: Reinbacher stays with Kloten and development continues overseas.
2: Hughes brings him to Laval for a change of scenery and hopefully a confidence boost
either way i think it's a long road forward, but good news, he's a teenager and our defensive pool is great.

Lane Hutson - I can't see him not being put in Laval at the very least, he is our next guy in my opinion, of course it helps playing with the #1 pick next year on the #1 ranked team in the country but he has shown his individual skill on a level that will make dangerous in Laval.

Owen Beck - Beck is in a bit of a middle ground, but i don't expect him to make opening roster, eventually our health issues will prevail and hopefully he will be called up and produce well, but hopefully in Laval he shows why he can be a future top 6 for us.

Reinbacher is in Switzerland, and he's on arguably the worst team that's gone through 3 separate coaching changes. Hard to assess what's going on with him until he comes to North America, which is hopefully within the next couple weeks.

I highly doubt Hutson gets games with Laval this season. Once he signs when his NCAA season is over, he'll play games for the Habs to try and burn the first year of his ELC (which is what happened with Farrell last year). Depending on how well he does then and during training camp, will determine where he plays next season. If the World Juniors were any indication, his size won't be an issue no matter where he plays.

Newhook - Beck - Roy is hopefully the Habs contending team 3rd line of the future. Habs can take a similar approach with Beck as they did with Suzuki during his rookie year. Pair him with a vet Center for the first 15-20games (Suzuki was playing with Thompson on the 4th line, Beck could be with either Dvorak or Evans) then slowly faze him to center and give him special unit time. PK and faceoffs are Beck's bread n' butter, and there's a huge opening on PP2 unit at Center.
Then, all that's left is to get Dach healthy for #2C and two more top 6 wingers (wishful thinking is having Mesar's chemistry with Slafkovksy be elite, and put both with Suzuki, which frees up for a Caufield - Dach duo, and sign someone like Toffoli to go with them.

Caufield - Dach - Toffoli or other vet signing or acquisition
Mesar - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Newhook - Beck - Roy

If Mesar isn't ready (most likely situation), I'd say re-sign Monahan, who could also cover at center in case of injuries. The 4th line can be whatever is left (ideally RHP at LW, either Evans or Dvorak at C, trade the other, Gallagher at RW. Fire Anderson into the sun. Trade Armia. Pezz is fine as the 13th forward. And none of this takes into consideration who the Habs pick at the draft, if it's another D, that leads to my other topic...

My "out of the box idea" is acquiring a top end Goalie with the defensive logjam on D. Lot of Habs fans keep trying to trade our excess D for more offense. I say go for another Goalie to pair with Montembeault. Try for a young stud (Askarov comes to mind). Heck I'd even go for Markstrom or Saros. Use WIN's 1st rd pick with some of the Habs defensemen, and I think you could easily acquire one of them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll