CameronSquires liked this.
Mar. 28 at 6:57 p.m.
Sadness
Quoting: aadoyle
I think Graf was eying a non playoff team to go to if I remember correctly

Oh fair enough. I didn’t see anything about him besides scouting reports
Apr. 1 at 10:21 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Newly signed Jacob Quillan is a huge pickup for the Leafs and should immediately step into the Marlies lineup in a major way. Marlies center group is hurting right now with injuries, so the arrival of the tenacious youngster will be a much welcomed one. Feels like Quillan will be a sure-fire NHLer at some point in the future. I absolutely love this signing, so stoked about it
Apr. 1 at 10:37 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Here are my guesses for the Leafs prospects who lose waiver exemptions next season:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Nick Abruzzese traded at some point near the draft for a late round pick. Extremely slept on prospect who has looked great with the Marlies, but has no discernable role with the Leafs and loses his waiver exemption.

Alex Steeves is a guy who will likely not receive another NHL deal from the Leafs. He could get an AHL deal, but I would imagine there is a team out there willing to give him a chance. Extremely talented kid who was quite frankly failed by the Leafs. He was so so promising and is already an NHL player. The fact he didn't get more opportunity with us is laughable. We could try to sneak him through waivers, but I'm not convinced we would use up a contract spot on him given the direction this team is clearly going in. He'll be a killer on the Penguins.

Rifai is a strong candidate to make the opening day roster, albeit as the number 7. He's very good, really hope we dont risk him to waivers (although I wouldnt be surprised if we did)

Nick Robertson will probably be on the opening day roster if he makes it through the offseason. My guess is that he'll be a Leaf on day 1 next season (finally!)

Matthew Knies will be a Leaf, no doubt.
Apr. 1 at 10:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 1 at 11:04 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Here are my guesses for the Leafs prospects who lose waiver exemptions next season:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Nick Abruzzese traded at some point near the draft for a late round pick. Extremely slept on prospect who has looked great with the Marlies, but has no discernable role with the Leafs and loses his waiver exemption.

Alex Steeves is a guy who will likely not receive another NHL deal from the Leafs. He could get an AHL deal, but I would imagine there is a team out there willing to give him a chance. Extremely talented kid who was quite frankly failed by the Leafs. He was so so promising and is already an NHL player. The fact he didn't get more opportunity with us is laughable. We could try to sneak him through waivers, but I'm not convinced we would use up a contract spot on him given the direction this team is clearly going in. He'll be a killer on the Penguins.

Rifai is a strong candidate to make the opening day roster, albeit as the number 7. He's very good, really hope we dont risk him to waivers (although I wouldnt be surprised if we did)

Nick Robertson will probably be on the opening day roster if he makes it through the offseason. My guess is that he'll be a Leaf on day 1 next season (finally!)

Matthew Knies will be a Leaf, no doubt.

Yep Rafai is basically the 7

Abruzzese I could see as an extra forward or if u can move him for a Dman of similar stance with team also interesting

Steeves is the guy who could be lost to waivers or somehow slip through
Apr. 1 at 10:53 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Apologies for the spam, but with the Leafs finally entering the NCAA FA ring, here are some other guys I would really like:

- Collin Graf: Pipe dream addition. Not going to bother going in depth

- Dylan Anhorn: A guy Leafs scouts have no doubt seen given the fact he plays with Leafs draft pick Veeti Miettinen (who I also hope gets signed). Excellent skater and just a super dynamic player. Whoever gets this kid is going to be super happy. He's fantastic

- TJ Hughes: Absolutely balled out this season. He's extremely physical and produces at a great level. Seems like a prototypical Brad Treliving prospect

- Zach Bookman: I NEED the Leafs to sign this kid. The way he moves is absolutely unbelievable. More of an offensively talented defender, but fills a different niche than Morgan Rielly. He is a true playdriver and has some of the best (if not the best) vision of any NCAA free agent on the market. Also, he shoots right.

Anhorn and Bookman would do wonders for our defensive prospect depth. Fingers crossed those two have contracts from the Leafs coming in the near future
Apr. 3 at 3:43 p.m.
Amirov Forever
If the Leafs end up picking a forward in the first round, I would really like to see Parascak get the call. Reminds me a lot of Toffoli; not the best skater in the world, but so smart and a skilled shooter.

He and Sennecke are the only two forwards I would like to see picked over a defenseman (assuming there isnt anyone who falls massively).
Apr. 3 at 4:10 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
If the Leafs end up picking a forward in the first round, I would really like to see Parascak get the call. Reminds me a lot of Toffoli; not the best skater in the world, but so smart and a skilled shooter.

He and Sennecke are the only two forwards I would like to see picked over a defenseman (assuming there isnt anyone who falls massively).

I'd rather go best defensemen available as the Leafs already have Cowan and Minten

Ideally, I'd love to trade down and have 2+ prospects to be exited about....
Apr. 3 at 4:47 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I'd rather go best defensemen available as the Leafs already have Cowan and Minten

Ideally, I'd love to trade down and have 2+ prospects to be exited about....

I think we definitely should trade down, there is some real value to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Pulkkinen and Fransen on a trade back would be nuts
aadoyle and Leafsfan98 liked this.
Apr. 3 at 4:55 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I think we definitely should trade down, there is some real value to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Pulkkinen and Fransen on a trade back would be nuts

For sure if we can do what CAR did a few years ago where they traded their late first for 2 mid range 2nds im good

Heck if TOR and NSH could swing a deal for TOR sending the 1st and getting Fabbro and a 2nd back in a trade down im also good

As then u basically get the best of both worlds

You get a nice young Dman and a pick to continue trading down with and amass more picks
Apr. 4 at 2:20 p.m.
Amirov Forever

Want to add another guy to this list who somehow slipped my mind: Michael Hage

He's an excellent skater with an extremely high hockey IQ. He's a natural center with great playmaking abilities and I think he would be a slam dunk pick (assuming he is still available when the Leafs are on the clock). If we don't wind up going for a defenseman in the first round, then getting a high upside centerman wouldn't be the worst idea. Havent talked about him a lot because Ive assumed he wont be available to us, but as we near the draft the consensus seems to be that he will be available around our pick range. If he does fall to us, then we need to pick this kid. He's going to be legit and could easily be our long term 2C

Also, he checks a lot of the boxes for us: Toronto kid, played for the Chicago Steel, has that highly coveted "hockey sense". He just seems like a premier Wes Clark target, moreso than anyone else Ive brought up in this thread. Keep an eye on him
Apr. 6 at 1:00 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Newly signed Leafs prospect Jacob Quillan will make his debut for the Marlies today against Utica. Huge for the Marlies who have needed some grit as they look to make the playoffs. Quillan should have a pretty big opportunity with the Marlies' current lack of center depth, excited to see how he adjusts to the pro game
Apr. 6 at 2:14 p.m.
Sadness
Newly signed Leafs prospect Jacob Quillan will make his debut for the Marlies today against Utica. Huge for the Marlies who have needed some grit as they look to make the playoffs. Quillan should have a pretty big opportunity with the Marlies' current lack of center depth, excited to see how he adjusts to the pro game

Super excited for this
Apr. 6 at 3:58 p.m.
Amirov Forever

Sike! For whatever reason, Gruden has saw it fit to play Quillan at the wing on the fourth line, opting to keep Blandisi at center (for whatever idiotic reason). Why utilize players to their strengths when we can just bury them on the fourth line and call it a day
Apr. 7 at 1:48 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Leafs announce that Chadwick will be assigned to the Marlies. Really hope he gets a decent opportunity, he will immediately (in my opinion) become one of their best defenseman. The issue is that Gruden is pretty rigid, and the Marlies have a lot of LD, so much so that Kokkonen has been playing RD. Really want to see this kid play in the pros, hes a very promising prospect.
Apr. 8 at 12:54 a.m.
Sadness
Leafs announce that Chadwick will be assigned to the Marlies. Really hope he gets a decent opportunity, he will immediately (in my opinion) become one of their best defenseman. The issue is that Gruden is pretty rigid, and the Marlies have a lot of LD, so much so that Kokkonen has been playing RD. Really want to see this kid play in the pros, hes a very promising prospect.

I was super high on Chadwick even before the leafs drafted him. From what I’ve watched this season he’s taken a huge leap in development and I think he could really make an impact with the marlies
Apr. 9 at 5:26 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Looks like Veeti Miettinen won't be signing with the Leafs, which is a bit of a bummer. Always liked his game, he's got a crazy good shot and is a good offensive weapon.

I'm not going to pretend like he's a tremendous loss considering he would've never had a shot at making the Leafs given our organization depth of offensive LWs, but it still stinks to see him go. If I were a team like San Jose, I'd give him a call. I could see the Pens having interest too
Apr. 23 at 4:28 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Marlies add Bengtsson on an AHL deal. Great pickup, he was an absolute stud in the NCAA

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll