UFA - 8
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $872,500$872,500
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $7,250,000$7,250,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $6,350,000$6,350,000
    RW
    UFA - 6
    $792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $1,900,000$1,900,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $916,667$916,667
    RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $725,000$725,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $875,000$875,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $725,000$725,000
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.
    HockeySen
    I would want more than a pick for Spooner. Even if you have to package him with a few picks, a roster player would be preferred. From VGK I would take either Marchessault or Perron, as Neal has a bit too high of a cap hit. Then package some picks and you have a deal.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 12:37 p.m.
    Yeah I would want some roster players as well, but it is looking like the open roster spots will be internally replaced. Stafford would be welcomed back for the right price.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 1:01 p.m.
    Quoting: HockeySen
    I would want more than a pick for Spooner. Even if you have to package him with a few picks, a roster player would be preferred. From VGK I would take either Marchessault or Perron, as Neal has a bit too high of a cap hit. Then package some picks and you have a deal.

Why would you want a player? We have plenty!! I would rather change the pick to a first and no player in exchange if you think he's worth more....
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 2:24 p.m.
    ItsInTheNet

To me, a Pick is the 2nd best option. If we get a player back, it shouldn't be a forward, it should be a LHD. JFK is going to fill Spooners slot as 3rd C and we have young wingers who will step up. Also he mentioned Stafford coming back, if thats the option then we clearly don't need a F. The best option is a LHD in a situation similar to Spooner. I've had mocks with De Haan in them, but I think we need to add to Spooner to get him. He'd fit in well with us IMO.

That's asking a bit much for McQuaid IMO. I think we get a 4th or 5th for him from a playoff team, I just can't imagine someone giving up a top 100 prospect in that years draft for Adam McQuaid. He just doesn't carry that much value IMO. Dealing him also puts pressure on Zboril. Not sure he's ready, needs a great camp to make the roster.

Pasta gets more cash imo, around 500k or more. Draisaitl and Eichel are comparable to Pasta and they are looking for 7M+, so If we can sign him for around 7M on an 8 year deal I consider it a victory.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:05 p.m.
    Quoting: TopCornerShot

To me, a Pick is the 2nd best option. If we get a player back, it shouldn't be a forward, it should be a LHD. JFK is going to fill Spooners slot as 3rd C and we have young wingers who will step up. Also he mentioned Stafford coming back, if thats the option then we clearly don't need a F. The best option is a LHD in a situation similar to Spooner. I've had mocks with De Haan in them, but I think we need to add to Spooner to get him. He'd fit in well with us IMO.

That's asking a bit much for McQuaid IMO. I think we get a 4th or 5th for him from a playoff team, I just can't imagine someone giving up a top 100 prospect in that years draft for Adam McQuaid. He just doesn't carry that much value IMO. Dealing him also puts pressure on Zboril. Not sure he's ready, needs a great camp to make the roster.

Pasta gets more cash imo, around 500k or more. Draisaitl and Eichel are comparable to Pasta and they are looking for 7M+, so If we can sign him for around 7M on an 8 year deal I consider it a victory.

Not the way it works with contracts. He's worth more than Bergy? Nope, he will come in around low 6's
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:09 p.m.
    ItsInTheNet
    Quoting: PaulDunnill

Not the way it works with contracts. He's worth more than Bergy? Nope, he will come in around low 6's

No, I'm quite sure that's how it works. He could get up to 7.5M and you're buying his prime UFA years. Bergeron was in a different scenario as a veteran player, so this is not akin. Pastrank should be paid very highly unless his agent does a poor job. I have him right up there with Draisaitl and I wouldn't be surprised if Draisaitl got 8M.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:12 p.m.
    $6.25M you watch
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:13 p.m.
    8 years $50M contract
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:15 p.m.
    If he wants to win a cup he'll sign it, if he gets greedy, Bruins won't be able to challenge for a cup likely, unless next generation step up big time!!
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:16 p.m.
    your hockey IQ is not the highest, you've shown that already, but good news is that you are still learning!!
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:26 p.m.
    ItsInTheNet
    If he wants to win a cup he'll sign it, if he gets greedy, Bruins won't be able to challenge for a cup likely, unless next generation step up big time!!

I don't think Pastrnak needs to worry about the Bruins cap situation, he needs to do the best for himself. He's worth over 6.25M if you're giving him an 8 year contract. That is very very easy to digest. You're buying 2 years of UFA from him in his prime, so the money goes up.

Taylor Hall got a 6M deal that was similar to what you're saying. He's a similar player to Pastrnak. I think he's a good assessment to use and he signed a 7 year 6M when the cap was lower. Pasta is worth more than what you're saying. I hope we get him for what you'd like to sign him to, but I honestly feel like he'd be foolish to do an 8 year deal without getting more money, because he could be worth 10M+ as a UFA if he was on a 6 year contract that ended he'd be 27 years old and could make 70 Million on an extension. Why do an 8 year deal if you're not compensated for it? It just doesn't make any sense from his end of the deal, as much as you'd like it to happen.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:26 p.m.
    ItsInTheNet
    your hockey IQ is not the highest, you've shown that already, but good news is that you are still learning!!

My Hockey IQ is clearly higher than yours and I'm still not even sure you're right about the cap thing, it just seems lazy and easy.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:31 p.m.

I don't think Pastrnak needs to worry about the Bruins cap situation, he needs to do the best for himself. He's worth over 6.25M if you're giving him an 8 year contract. That is very very easy to digest. You're buying 2 years of UFA from him in his prime, so the money goes up.

Taylor Hall got a 6M deal that was similar to what you're saying. He's a similar player to Pastrnak. I think he's a good assessment to use and he signed a 7 year 6M when the cap was lower. Pasta is worth more than what you're saying. I hope we get him for what you'd like to sign him to, but I honestly feel like he'd be foolish to do an 8 year deal without getting more money, because he could be worth 10M+ as a UFA if he was on a 6 year contract that ended he'd be 27 years old and could make 70 Million on an extension. Why do an 8 year deal if you're not compensated for it? It just doesn't make any sense from his end of the deal, as much as you'd like it to happen.

McDavid could have gone for $13.5M but he didn't because he knew it would handcuff the GM in trying to ice a "cup competitive" team. Players will take less if the team is committed to challenging for a cup. Sweeney will have the same discussions with Pasta and his agent. If he wants the chance to win now, he has to take less. Maybe its just 5 years at $6.25. Then he'll have 10+ years at top money, but this one will be low 6's
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:33 p.m.

My Hockey IQ is clearly higher than yours and I'm still not even sure you're right about the cap thing, it just seems lazy and easy.

haha, you're spending too much time on your video game and not enough on the real game. Draft picks are extremely valuable, getting an average Joe back to play on 4th line or bottom 2 D are "dime a dozens"!!
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:35 p.m.

And I am right about the Cap thing, so that's showing clearly who has the higher hockey IQ
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:36 p.m.
    ItsInTheNet

McDavid could have gone for $13.5M but he didn't because he knew it would handcuff the GM in trying to ice a "cup competitive" team. Players will take less if the team is committed to challenging for a cup. Sweeney will have the same discussions with Pasta and his agent. If he wants the chance to win now, he has to take less. Maybe its just 5 years at $6.25. Then he'll have 10+ years at top money, but this one will be low 6's

That is much more realistic. I'm simply saying It doesn't make sense for him to add those extra years on and lock himself in, unless you bump his yearly pay now and give him more up front.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:37 p.m.
    ItsInTheNet

And I am right about the Cap thing, so that's showing clearly who has the higher hockey IQ

That's the one thing you've been right about, and that's because it wasn't as deep or complicated as I thought. It was simplistic and that's why you were able to comprehend it better. It was lower than where my thoughts lead me, but right about the height of yours. That totally makes you better, in your eyes.
    TheTown liked this.
    Jul. 10, 2017 at 4:49 p.m.

That's the one thing you've been right about, and that's because it wasn't as deep or complicated as I thought. It was simplistic and that's why you were able to comprehend it better. It was lower than where my thoughts lead me, but right about the height of yours. That totally makes you better, in your eyes.

haha good one!!

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll