UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
RD
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,450,000$2,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 20 at 3:31 a.m.
I'd rather keep Casey but this a reasonable trade -Congrats you are one in a hundred
Alex_K, wojme, worldwidesensei and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 20 at 3:44 a.m.
Quoting: Sabresforlife
I'd rather keep Casey but this a reasonable trade -Congrats you are one in a hundred

Probably because I'm neither Wild nor Sabers fan) I just thought that Buffalo has two really good centres signed long term, so they could listen to offers, on the other hand the Wild need a good centre for Kaprizov line and they have assets.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 20 at 4:11 a.m.
Quoting: Alex_K
Probably because I'm neither Wild nor Sabers fan) I just thought that Buffalo has two really good centres signed long term, so they could listen to offers, on the other hand the Wild need a good centre for Kaprizov line and they have assets.

Sabres fan here
I agree that this is a good offer

Mitts has been our best forward this year,
and his defensive game has really come around
So I’m 99% certain we try to get a long term deal done with him- probably something similar to what Tage & Cozens got

Mitts is earning himself a spot in our long term core
But again, u make an offer we’d be forced to think hard about
Rossi is a good young player, & the picks on top are nice
Sabres would be very tempted imo
Especially if they have trouble working out a contract w Mitts

Minnesota fans probably won’t like this though
My guess would be that Rossi has shown them enough that they’d just wanna keep him
Alex_K, worldwidesensei, gretzkyghosts and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 20 at 4:34 a.m.
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
Sabres fan here

So I’m 99% certain we try to get a long term deal done with him- probably something similar to what Tage & Cozens got

My guess would be that Rossi has shown them enough that they’d just wanna keep him

Definitely, it'd be interesting to hear from Wild fans. But from my perspective, Rossi is developing not as quickly as Boldy and the Wild are running out of time to build a competitive team around Kaprizov.
Jan. 20 at 6:35 a.m.
Edited Jan. 20 at 7:01 a.m.
Interesting offer
Jan. 20 at 7:37 a.m.
Edited Jan. 20 at 7:42 a.m.
Finally someone with a reasonable offer for Mitts.

Mitts is a very well-liked player in the locker room and by the organization, so it would take a lot for BUF to pull the trigger on a trade.

And yes, he has shown over the past 2 years that he can excel as a 1C. He would be a great fit next to Kaprizov and he is a Minny boy, so this could make sense.

The only thing is BUF is looking for a D-man more than a F.

BUF may have more suitable offers on the table, or just keep him as he is arguably their best F.
Jan. 20 at 7:52 a.m.
There are so many variables in the Sabres trading Mittelstadt but starting with this trade scenario I'd have to say the Sabres would have to be nuts not to take it, I think it is an overpayment on Minnesota's part and I can't see GMBG offering it. The 1st and 2nd give the Sabres trade capital to fill other holes mainly a RHD.

Getting Rossi still gives the Sabres flexibility at center in case one of their centers goes down or none of their prospects can make it at center in the NHL. As @AntiAnalytics pointed out what a long term deal might look like, do the Sabres want to go go that high even with the hike in cap next year. I think the Sabres like Mitts enough to want to keep him but at what cost is the question.
The other part for me is Cozens...last year was a breakout season for him but he seems to have drifted back to 2 yrs ago when he had great chances but couldn't bury the puck. Last year he buried those chances on his way to a 31g season. A consistent Cozens and what Mitts can be signed for helps determine what happens with Mittelstadt in my mind.
My guess is the Sabres sign him long term but if this trade were on the table I can't see them turning it down.
Alex_K and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 20 at 8:10 a.m.

@Lenny54
Quoting: Sabresforlife
Sabres fan here

Quoting: BUFF36
Interesting offer
Quoting: worldwidesensei
Finally someone with a reasonable offer for Mitts.

Mitts is a very well-liked player in the locker room and by the organization, so it would take a lot for BUF to pull the trigger on a trade.

And yes, he has shown over the past 2 years that he can excel as a 1C. He would be a great fit next to Kaprizov and he is a Minny boy, so this could make sense.

The only thing is BUF is looking for a D-man more than a F.
BUF may have more suitable offers on the table, or just keep him as he is arguably their best F.
Some random thoughts.
I thought Buffalo would draft Rossi over Quinn, this gives them both.
While the Sabres need a RHD, A rebuilding team may prefer a younger/cheaper Rossi and the picks over Casey.
As mentioned above Casey is from Minnesota.
Finally, Joel and Casey would be great top centers for the next 8 years.

A good offer for Casey, if the Sabres lose today, they WILL be sellers.
If they win, and Luukkonen continues his hot streak, who knows.
Maybe he becomes Buffalo's Binnington.
Lenny54 and BUFF36 liked this.
Jan. 20 at 8:16 a.m.
Nice post Ghost
Jan. 20 at 8:32 a.m.
Banned
Of course, Buffalo fans love it lmao it's massive overpayment on Minnesota's part. Rossi plus a B prospect is more than enough. It shows that positive feedback isnt based off fair trades but how you can make a particularly subsection of fans happy trading without compromise. The most realistic trades are the ones that leave neither side happy but instead, unsatisfied.
Jan. 20 at 8:53 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny54
There are so many variables in the Sabres trading Mittelstadt but starting with this trade scenario I'd have to say the Sabres would have to be nuts not to take it, I think it is an overpayment on Minnesota's part and I can't see GMBG offering it. The 1st and 2nd give the Sabres trade capital to fill other holes mainly a RHD.

Getting Rossi still gives the Sabres flexibility at center in case one of their centers goes down or none of their prospects can make it at center in the NHL. As AntiAnalytics pointed out what a long term deal might look like, do the Sabres want to go go that high even with the hike in cap next year. I think the Sabres like Mitts enough to want to keep him but at what cost is the question.
The other part for me is Cozens...last year was a breakout season for him but he seems to have drifted back to 2 yrs ago when he had great chances but couldn't bury the puck. Last year he buried those chances on his way to a 31g season. A consistent Cozens and what Mitts can be signed for helps determine what happens with Mittelstadt in my mind.
My guess is the Sabres sign him long term but if this trade were on the table I can't see them turning it down.

I was also thinking what would be the return if he was traded to my Flyers. Of course ideal targets would be 21-23 years old centres like Zegras or Lundell, but if Buffalo is ready to listen to offers and Casey becomes available I would love if Danny B pulled the trigger. So as I understand a good young player (or a prospect) + a 1st and a 2nd is considered as a fair return. The Flyers have several good young forwards on the lineup this season that I suppose will be available in this case. Foerster (RW) (who played C in juniors and plays LW this season), Brink (RW). Also we have older and more developed guys like Cates (C/LW) (in case you're not familiar with who the hell he is =) he's a more defense oriented forward but with a lesser offensive upside than the next 2 players, played 2C/3C/mid6LW role the last two seasons for the Flyers), Frost (C), Tippet (RW/LW). If your biggest need is a right side defensman as was mentioned a couple of times in this thread, we have a young dman Yegor Zamula who is left-handed but plays both sides and an RHD prospect Oliver Bonk. The Flyers have multiple 1st and 2nd round picks in the next two drafts you can choose of.
Jan. 20 at 9:06 a.m.
Interesting, but the Wild decline. Rossi and Mittelstadt score about the same amount of goals, slight edge to Rossi. Mittelstadt is a bit better offensively, however. I haven't seen enough of him to get a read on his defensive abilities, though I know Rossi is a beast.

Our 2nd this year is top40 and a 1st on top of that is too much, however. Mittelstadt is an improvement (at the moment, at least) over the still-developing Rossi - still just 22 yo -, but that is too steep of a price to pay from the Wild's view.

Mittelstadt also has one big problem - he is going to get PAID next summer. And the Wild can't afford him. Rossi is still on his ELC.
Alex_K, JayTea and Andy_Dick liked this.
Jan. 20 at 9:15 a.m.
Quoting: EccE
Interesting, but the Wild decline. Rossi and Mittelstadt score about the same amount of goals, slight edge to Rossi. Mittelstadt is a bit better offensively, however. I haven't seen enough of him to get a read on his defensive abilities, though I know Rossi is a beast.

Our 2nd this year is top40 and a 1st on top of that is too much, however. Mittelstadt is an improvement (at the moment, at least) over the still-developing Rossi - still just 22 yo -, but that is too steep of a price to pay from the Wild's view.

Mittelstadt also has one big problem - he is going to get PAID next summer. And the Wild can't afford him. Rossi is still on his ELC.

Good to see the feedback from a Wild fan. Could you provide is there a consensus around the Minnesota fanbase on the Guerin's plan for the near future (the final years of Kaprizov's contract)?
Jan. 20 at 9:18 a.m.
Good to see the feedback from a Wild fan. Could you provide is there a consensus around the Minnesota fanbase about the Guerin's plan for the near future (the final years of Kaprizov's contract)?

Guerin is still determined to win. He isn't ready to throw this year out the window, nor the next. And when the dead cap evaporates after next season, the Wild will give Kaprizov any amount of money he commands and hope our deep prospect pool is ready to make an impact. Rossi, Boldy and Faber are already key parts of our core, let's see how Wallstedt, Khusnutdinov, Yurov, Öhgren etc. fare in a few years.
Alex_K liked this.
Jan. 20 at 9:25 a.m.
Quoting: EccE
Guerin is still determined to win. He isn't ready to throw this year out the window, nor the next. And when the dead cap evaporates after next season, the Wild will give Kaprizov any amount of money he commands and hope our deep prospect pool is ready to make an impact. Rossi, Boldy and Faber are already key parts of our core, let's see how Wallstedt, Khusnutdinov, Yurov, Öhgren etc. fare in a few years.

Oh, I watched Metallurg this season a bit, totally forgot Yurov is the Wild's prospect, he's a beast. I'm glad he's coached by Razin.
EccE liked this.
Jan. 20 at 9:31 a.m.
For me, ideally the Sabres would move mittelstadt for immediate help on defense (specifically right side and defensive d), but I agree that this is too much to turn down. I hope that adams would be able to take these additional assets and spin that into players to balance out the roster. I don't have much confidence in that second part unfortunately.
Jan. 20 at 11:05 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Minnesota fans probably won’t like this though. My guess would be that Rossi has shown them enough that they’d just wanna keep him

Basically, yes. Rossi is starting to show the player he was drafted to be and hopefully he continues to improve. The picks on top are pretty steep and quite frankly the Wild need Rossi’s ELC to help them put together a team next year especially with the question marks on Spurgeon’s cap hit.
Alex_K and AntiAnalytics liked this.
Jan. 21 at 3:48 p.m.
MNBassman
There is nothing interesting about this offer from the Wild’s perspective! Massive overpayment, plus Rossi is going to end up the better player.
Alex_K liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll