SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Colorado Avalanche

Thoughts after opening game?

Oct. 12, 2023 at 12:22 p.m.
The stars did what they do. Colton and Wood add value right away. Georgiev was solid. JJ is slow, but played ok. Hoping Manson gets his legs under him soon. Should've played Tufte over Dermy obviously. Overall a solid start against a tough team. Thoughts?
Oct. 12, 2023 at 3:32 p.m.
Novistic
I wish I saw more of Tatar and Johansson. Felt like they combined for 3 shots.
I'm very impressed with Colton and Wood; they've been great on our PK.
Isn't it crazy that Makar led the team in PIM for a few minutes? Byrum really needs to be disciplined after the game he had. Feels like Wes was out for Makar's blood.

Overall a good game, I do wish that the other three lines scored more. Four of our five goals came from the top line, and the fifth was an EN.
Oct. 13, 2023 at 10:46 a.m.
Quoting: Novistic
I wish I saw more of Tatar and Johansson. Felt like they combined for 3 shots.
I'm very impressed with Colton and Wood; they've been great on our PK.
Isn't it crazy that Makar led the team in PIM for a few minutes? Byrum really needs to be disciplined after the game he had. Feels like Wes was out for Makar's blood.

Overall a good game, I do wish that the other three lines scored more. Four of our five goals came from the top line, and the fifth was an EN.

I think Byram is adjusting to playing his weak side. Not sure how that will go. Ryjo will get going, but needs to get bolder. Should have taken a shot in front of the net rather than try to feather tap the pass to the wing, for example.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll