Mar. 2 at 10:49 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Damn, Seamus Casey is good

Famous Seamus
Mar. 2 at 11:18 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
Famous Seamus

He must have played 30+ minutes. 1st PP, 1st PK…
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 11:21 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
He must have played 30+ minutes. 1st PP, 1st PK…

PK time is what I really want to see him get experience on
Mar. 2 at 11:32 p.m.
PK time is what I really want to see him get experience on

They hardly take him off the ice. He was blocking shots, disrupting plays in front of net…he was everywhere.

Amazing game too…Gophers came back from 3-goal hole in 3rd with some really soft goals (Michigan playing their #2). Famous Seamus ends in in OT.
Mar. 3 at 5:00 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Leave Lindy in LA
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 3 at 5:06 p.m.
Quoting: Devil
Leave Lindy in LA

Coach Travis Green

(Lindy insurance)
Mar. 3 at 5:16 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Which draft prospects should I start looking at?
Mar. 3 at 5:27 p.m.
Which draft prospects should I start looking at?

Around 8-12…

Forwards
Cole Eiserman
Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
Liam Greentree
Sacha Boisvert
Tij Iginla

Dmen
Sam Dickinson
Adam Jiricek
Mar. 3 at 5:51 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Around 8-12…

Forwards
Cole Eiserman
Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
Liam Greentree
Sacha Boisvert
Tij Iginla

Dmen
Sam Dickinson
Adam Jiricek

This team got so much worse without McLeod. Need to find some way to replace what he brought. More than a top tier goalie, more than a dman. Need to replace what he brought
Mar. 3 at 6:25 p.m.
Quoting: Devil
Leave Lindy in LA

Said the same here
Mar. 3 at 6:28 p.m.
Fitz doesn't knee jerk and give up Holtz yada yada
In a panic move does he? Please say he doesn’t boys!
Mar. 3 at 8:12 p.m.
Quoting: Smitty426
Fitz doesn't knee jerk and give up Holtz yada yada
In a panic move does he? Please say he doesn’t boys!

Got a feeling cat is out of the bag…once he put Holtz out there…starts to feel like it went from impossible to inevitable quickly.
Mar. 3 at 8:43 p.m.
In my opinion, puck protection out of the back has been the problem from start of year. Too much errant passing coming out of d-zone. The quality of possession drops, the quality of chances for declines, the quality of chances we give up gets worse. We spend too much time trying to recover from outlet passes in the skates. Team is built around scoring off the rush…but if we cannot start the rush, our strength is wiped out.

The fix is a few things: (a) improve puck protecting coming out if d-zone. Bring in one or two solid dmen that can deliver the puck safely through the neutral zone. Give us six good dmen who protect puck and most everything else will fall into place. (b) improve our ability to adapt in different situations. Have guys that can play hard on forecheck when middle of the ice closes up. Lindy’s biggest flaw is that he never changed anything. Zero flexibility, adaptability (we added a guy like Timo so we could have different approach…Thunder and Lightning…instead he tried stuffing Timo-sized peg into Bratt-sized hole).

An early off-season to-do list.
1. New coaches. I don’t think we need old, wise, steady…we need young, flexible, adaptable.

2. De-emphasize analytics. That’s on Fitzy. Data is helpful and should be used. But over large samples…over 82-games…I want to see wins generated in different ways (sometimes winning possession, sometimes goalies steal it, sometimes physicality wins, etc).

3. Add one top-4 dman. Hanifin worth have been great. Puck protection.

4. Add a veteran, respected goalie. Half the battle is the confidence game. I’d rather have a .905 goalie that the team plays confidently in front of…than a .910 goalie that loses the team when a soft goal goes in.

5. Add an identity line. Don’t have to be brawlers…but 3 guys on a fourth line that bring size AND speed…play heavy on forecheck. Guys like Wood, McLeod. Maybe even…dare I saw…a guy like Josh Anderson.

Future is still bright.
Smitty426, dgibb10 and Devil liked this.
Mar. 3 at 8:59 p.m.
Got a feeling cat is out of the bag…once he put Holtz out there…starts to feel like it went from impossible to inevitable quickly.

At this point, Lindy is canned tomorrow right. New Chief gets him some time, once Toffoli is moved it all starts to fall in place. Gibb had it right the whole time. Move the 1sr we get for Toffoli for a G. Depending on where the pick is, keep or trade it for D help. Who cares if Holtz is in Lindy doghouse, it's not his doghouse much longer
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 3 at 9:02 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
At this point, Lindy is canned tomorrow right. New Chief gets him some time, once Toffoli is moved it all starts to fall in place. Gibb had it right the whole time. Move the 1sr we get for Toffoli for a G. Depending on where the pick is, keep or trade it for D help. Who cares if Holtz is in Lindy doghouse, it's not his doghouse much longer

In my opinion, puck protection out of the back has been the problem from start of year. Too much errant passing coming out of d-zone. The quality of possession drops, the quality of chances for declines, the quality of chances we give up gets worse. We spend too much time trying to recover from outlet passes in the skates. Team is built around scoring off the rush…but if we cannot start the rush, our strength is wiped out.

The fix is a few things: (a) improve puck protecting coming out if d-zone. Bring in one or two solid dmen that can deliver the puck safely through the neutral zone. Give us six good dmen who protect puck and most everything else will fall into place. (b) improve our ability to adapt in different situations. Have guys that can play hard on forecheck when middle of the ice closes up. Lindy’s biggest flaw is that he never changed anything. Zero flexibility, adaptability (we added a guy like Timo so we could have different approach…Thunder and Lightning…instead he tried stuffing Timo-sized peg into Bratt-sized hole).

1. New coaches. I don’t think we need old, wise, steady…we need young, flexible, adaptable.

2. De-emphasize analytics. That’s on Fitzy. Data is helpful and should be used. But over large samples…over 82-games…I want to see wins generated in different ways (sometimes winning possession, sometimes goalies steal it, sometimes physicality wins, etc).

4. Add a veteran, respected goalie. Half the battle is the confidence game. I’d rather have a .905 goalie that the team plays confidently in front of…than a .910 goalie that loses the team when a soft goal goes in.

5. Add an identity line. Don’t have to be brawlers…but 3 guys on a fourth line that bring size AND speed…play heavy on forecheck. Guys like Wood, McLeod. Maybe even…dare I saw…a guy like Josh Anderson.

Future is still bright.

If we could get Anderson 50% retained and stick him on the 4th line sure.

Give me Trenin tho 100%. Hits (not particularly meaningful but nice to have), defensively, excellent PK. Good player who brings some grit and so. I don’t think he’s a guy who’s gonna be hard to lure out. As you’ve mentioned 80% of arbitration guys gone in 2 years
Smitty426 liked this.
Mar. 4 at 12:17 a.m.
If we could get Anderson 50% retained and stick him on the 4th line sure.

Give me Trenin tho 100%. Hits (not particularly meaningful but nice to have), defensively, excellent PK. Good player who brings some grit and so. I don’t think he’s a guy who’s gonna be hard to lure out. As you’ve mentioned 80% of arbitration guys gone in 2 years

A Trenin, Howden or Stenlund, Anderson line…if around $5m/yr could be interesting.
Mar. 4 at 12:18 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
A Trenin, Howden or Stenlund, Anderson line…if around $5m/yr could be interesting.

Trenin, Jake Evans, Curtis Lazar. That's a 4th line right there.
Mar. 4 at 12:19 a.m.

And we get Coach Travis Green? Kevin Dineen
Mar. 4 at 12:24 a.m.
Speak of the Devil

Future is still bright.

Man losing McLeod really hurt the team. Key factor in possesions, identity, and defense. Probably killed the morale in the locker room with him being close to Bastian, Jack, etc
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 4 at 12:27 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
I think one thing that destroyed this team that not a lot of people are talking about is the Dougie Hamilton injury

After Dougie got hurt
- Went from League Best Powerplay to less than 10% in the last month
- Forced Luke to be our #1 dman (he's not even close to ready)
- Brendan Smith became a regular dman in the lineup
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 4 at 8:46 a.m.
And we get Coach Travis Green? Kevin Dineen

How bad was woodcroft in Edmonton
I read where his teams were successful because of cycling and speed, the cycling part is needed alot
Mar. 4 at 11:48 a.m.
Friedman says we are likely to extend Toffoli
Mar. 4 at 11:57 a.m.

Not sure I'm onboard with that
Mar. 4 at 12:02 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

If it’s a reasonable rate and term sure
Mar. 4 at 3:12 p.m.
Not sure I'm onboard with that

If it’s a reasonable rate and term sure

If they were planning on trading him, NJD would be saying same thing..keep the price high.

Friedman also said the “price was very high”

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll