SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New Jersey Devils

Casey DeSmith

Should we try to acquire Casey DeSmith
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 8, 2023 at 4:54 p.m.
To be clear i dont think we need to go out and do anything in regards to the goalie position, im perfectly fine with rolling with Vanacek/Schmid as a tandem for the year and possibly revisiting it at the deadline if we need an upgrade then.
However with the interviews ive seen with Tom Fitzgerald it really seems like he wants Schmid down in Utica to continue his development and bring him up in case of injury or when Daws returns from injury bring him back as a 3rd goalie
Erik Kallgren isnt really a good backup option so i was wondering if we should try and acquire DeSmith as a 1 year option then let Schmid take over next season.

My offer would be something like Tyce Thompson (because of his waiver status) and another b level prospect or maybe a late round pick, by doing this and sending Schmid down to Utica that would still leave us with about $900,000 or so in cash in case of injury.

Thoughts? Is the offer strong enough? What would you do?
Aug. 10, 2023 at 10:19 p.m.
n.1 Topias Vilen fan
Quoting: DevilsInDisguise
To be clear i dont think we need to go out and do anything in regards to the goalie position, im perfectly fine with rolling with Vanacek/Schmid as a tandem for the year and possibly revisiting it at the deadline if we need an upgrade then.
However with the interviews ive seen with Tom Fitzgerald it really seems like he wants Schmid down in Utica to continue his development and bring him up in case of injury or when Daws returns from injury bring him back as a 3rd goalie
Erik Kallgren isnt really a good backup option so i was wondering if we should try and acquire DeSmith as a 1 year option then let Schmid take over next season.

My offer would be something like Tyce Thompson (because of his waiver status) and another b level prospect or maybe a late round pick, by doing this and sending Schmid down to Utica that would still leave us with about $900,000 or so in cash in case of injury.

Thoughts? Is the offer strong enough? What would you do?

Hard no on DeSmith. Huge character issue that isn't worth the risk. If you don't know look it up.
Aug. 11, 2023 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: pretzelcoatl
Hard no on DeSmith. Huge character issue that isn't worth the risk. If you don't know look it up.

Oh yes lets hold something that happened to him 10 years ago against him forever, Surely hes still the same monster he was back then

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit