SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Nylander or Bertuzzi and Domi long term?

Jul. 24, 2023 at 3:20 p.m.
DO NOT COPY ME
You don't need to be a leaf fan to have a take on this, but if you did have a say in where team money was being spent, who would you rather invest your money in?

The topic of discussion is, if you are in the current position of Toronto, would you rather have William Nylander long term or both Tyler Bertuzzi and Max Domi long term? Would you rather invest long term money in Nylander or long term money in both Bertuzzi and Domi together? With the logic being, you can essentially sign Nylander or both Bertuzzi and Domi together for the same AAV against your CAP.

Or if you're looking at it as an outsider, who would you want on your own team, William Nylander or both Tyler Bertuzzi and Max Domi, if the same amount of money is being spent annually?

Now, Toronto has significant work to do to be CAP compliant. Which could include a Nylander trade prior to the season starting. A Nylander trade would mean a sizeable return, which could involve a mix of an NHL ready player, prospects and/or pick capital, and also much needed salary relief.

All three of these guys are really good hockey players, but who do you want on your team?
Sep. 4, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
Puckhead
Treliving set it up nicely so he/we can decide at any point before Jul 1 2024…I hope it’s Domi and Bertuzzi I think you can get both for the price of Nylander.

Nylander just doesn’t fit in anywhere with the Leafs, I think he can be a 50 goal guy on the west coast where team and fans will let him play his lazy game.
LFKevin21 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll