SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Arizona Coyotes

Where will Guenther play?

Jul. 14, 2023 at 9:19 a.m.
Daily Faceoff has him on the 4th line right now, I hate that. That's terrible for his development. Not a Coyotes fan so I don't know a ton about them but I like him. Wondering where you guys think he'll end up playing after their recent moves.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 7:52 a.m.
It's too early to tell at this point. I believe that if he wasn't able to crack the top 9 he would probably start in the AHL. Last year he spent some time on a line with Crouse and Bjugstad. It's likely that he finds himself in the same spot. He needs to play with guys who are responsible defensively to help cover up some of his defensive shortcomings.
Jul. 16, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Quoting: Cshren
Daily Faceoff has him on the 4th line right now, I hate that. That's terrible for his development. Not a Coyotes fan so I don't know a ton about them but I like him. Wondering where you guys think he'll end up playing after their recent moves.

My guess is solidly in the middle-six. Bear likes to go 11-7. He'll get his chances. Plenty of combinations for him to get ice time with quality linemates. I see it as:

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Zucker-Bjugstad-Guenther
Maccelli- McBain-Crouse
Kerfoot - Boyd-
Jul. 17, 2023 at 5:27 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: Pompadour_de_Armstrong
My guess is solidly in the middle-six. Bear likes to go 11-7. He'll get his chances. Plenty of combinations for him to get ice time with quality linemates. I see it as:

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Zucker-Bjugstad-Guenther
Maccelli- McBain-Crouse
Kerfoot - Boyd-

Geekie headed for 9 games and moved ice team in Washington? World juniors, so want to see Mcbain with geekie and guenther or crouse with geekie and guenther. Will be interesting also when decision time comes at the end of ncaa season and Cooley.
Jul. 17, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
Geekie seems committed to trying to make it hard for them to send him down. It'd be amazing, but I don't think he's ready for more than the nine games. So the Wenatchee Wild is it, I think. Still weird not to say Winnipeg or the ICE.

How they integrate Cooley at the end of the year will be interesting. presumably a couple guys on expiring contracts will be gone at the deadline.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll