SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Ducks development camp

Jul. 7, 2023 at 12:08 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
I'll be at the camp today to watch the practice and scrimmage, I'll post my thoughts here later.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 2:36 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Gaucher is more elusive and has better hands than I think people give him credit for. Great defensive ability

Nestrenko does have a very nice shot, he could do something as a winger one day.

Clara: man, I hope it's just a poor showing in this sample size, but the guy is rough around the edges. Seems like the hope is one of him or Alexander work out as a NHL backup.

Clang: looks good, pucks stick to him like his body is covered in Stick-um. Great hands, good positioning, fast.
LosPatos liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 3:50 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I'll be at the camp today to watch the practice and scrimmage, I'll post my thoughts here later.

Zellweger vs Mintyukov vs LaCombe !!

Who is looking the best
Jul. 7, 2023 at 3:56 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Zellweger vs Mintyukov vs LaCombe !!

Who is looking the best

I think I'm giving the edge to LaCombe. He was battling hard in the defensive drills and still had all his offensive ability. Mints looked good as well but not quite there. Zelle was fast and nimble but got bumped/stripped repeatedly.
GeneralLandro liked this.
Jul. 7, 2023 at 4:05 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I think I'm giving the edge to LaCombe. He was battling hard in the defensive drills and still had all his offensive ability. Mints looked good as well but not quite there. Zelle was fast and nimble but got bumped/stripped repeatedly.

Most impressive forward?
Jul. 7, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Most impressive forward?

Nestrenko and Gaucher. Some of the Russian (or Russian sounding) wingers had some heat too, but I think Gaucher isn't getting the credit for offensive ability he is due. He is oddly shifty for a big guy.

Leo didn't look great. I'll check that up to being the end of camp and probably being somewhat home sick. His hands were there, his shot was great, but the foot agility is not there right now, it'll take some work. Looked just like Getzlaf out there, towering above everyone else because he's standing up most of the time, and feet just not doing a whole lot.
GeneralLandro liked this.
Jul. 11, 2023 at 9:37 p.m.
LosPatos
Was also there!

My standouts:

Mintyukov - Was just elite in every category. Was so entertaining to watch. He’s gonna be a real star.

Nesterenko - Great shot and could be a legit winger at some point.

Zellweger - An amazing skater and just always knew where to be.

Sidorov - Fun to watch. Hoping he improves his defensive game a bit but is a very intelligent player

Pitre - Sneaky good shot and good physicality

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll