SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New Jersey Devils

Is It Still Timo Time

Jun. 15, 2023 at 5:27 p.m.
Devils Guy
After signing Bratt to a 8year 63mil contract, what do you think Meier signs for. According to Elliotte Friedman, NJ will take Meier to arbitration. Not sure if this is good or bad, but it looks like they aren't close to an extension. Let me know what you guys think happens with Meier and what his contract could look like. I think and hope he stays. I also think a full season under Ruff and his system, Meier will be the player he was at the beginning of the year.
Jun. 15, 2023 at 5:39 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
It seems like they're really leaning on the "no one makes more than Jack Hughes" thing which, generally speaking, is good to have a ceiling that low for your best players. I kinda thought Bratt would come in greater than 8, and he didn't.

Not sure if the same trick is going to work twice for Meier. Seems like he wasn't ready to sign an extension anywhere in season, which is why San Jose didn't (really) get a whole lot back for him. At 26 you wonder if he's eyeing UFA a bit, or at least eyeing a bridge deal like Gavrikov to cash in even more when the cap is higher. I think he'll stick around in New Jersey next season, and if they go to arbitration with him it's likely to get a haircut on that qualifying offer.

If I were him though I think the situation in New Jersey is about as good as it can be if you're a young player looking for a long contention window.
DevilsFanZack13 liked this.
Jun. 15, 2023 at 7:05 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
It seems like they're really leaning on the "no one makes more than Jack Hughes" thing which, generally speaking, is good to have a ceiling that low for your best players. I kinda thought Bratt would come in greater than 8, and he didn't.

Not sure if the same trick is going to work twice for Meier. Seems like he wasn't ready to sign an extension anywhere in season, which is why San Jose didn't (really) get a whole lot back for him. At 26 you wonder if he's eyeing UFA a bit, or at least eyeing a bridge deal like Gavrikov to cash in even more when the cap is higher. I think he'll stick around in New Jersey next season, and if they go to arbitration with him it's likely to get a haircut on that qualifying offer.

If I were him though I think the situation in New Jersey is about as good as it can be if you're a young player looking for a long contention window.

Exactly! He will play with 1 of Hughes or Hischier. Not bad at all, especially after the seasons those 2 just had. NJ is a team on the rise, and I want him to be a part of it.
TheEarthmaster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll