SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Dubas President of Pens

Jun. 1, 2023 at 1:07 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
President might be best spot for him. To me, he's more of an administrator than a GM. But I don't think a 38 year old former GM, can keep his hands off the structure of the team and not intervene with the GM and player personnel. We'll see how that power struggle works out. Maybe just find a weak GM.
Now I thought Dubas was poor GM in many ways. If he had been hired as GM, maybe the would thought "his way" that he thrust upon the Leafs was still the way to manage a team. He was poor negotiator, poor drafter, poor trader that has left the Leafs barren in prospects, barren in future picks.....all that for one playoff round win.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: palhal
President might be best spot for him. To me, he's more of an administrator than a GM. But I don't think a 38 year old former GM, can keep his hands off the structure of the team and not intervene with the GM and player personnel. We'll see how that power struggle works out. Maybe just find a weak GM.
Now I thought Dubas was poor GM in many ways. If he had been hired as GM, maybe the would thought "his way" that he thrust upon the Leafs was still the way to manage a team. He was poor negotiator, poor drafter, poor trader that has left the Leafs barren in prospects, barren in future picks.....all that for one playoff round win.

I can't believe that Dubas made those decisions without the full backing of those above him, so I'm not sure that Dubas as the scape goat will work out.

Many of his picks are just starting to make it onto the roster, so the verdict on his drafting is still several years out.

He kept his word, though, he wouldn't be GM anywhere else......

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll