SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Trade Ideas

May 22, 2023 at 9:57 p.m.
A fun lil list of guys you’d either like us to trade for or options you could like to see in the lineup next year

I’ll start: Brock Boeser, Nick Hague, Nick Roy
May 27, 2023 at 8:48 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited May 27, 2023 at 10:47 p.m.
Jonathan Drouin: has history with Verbeek, was drafted by Tampa when Verbeek was head of scouting or AGM under Yzerman. Incredibly skilled hockey player with tons of talent. A playmaker which we need another one of, should be put back on the right wing where he had success in Tampa and hasn't repeated that since he swapped to LW and Center. Injury history and attitude are a concern, but a one year try out deal could work out if he can be rehabilitated.

Ivan Provorov: heavily distressed asset in Philly, we don't need any retention so should keep acquisition price low. Ideally would pair with Drysdale to provide the physicality on his line. Also have heard he has attitude issues, may not want to bring him in to prevent the locker room from going sour, but he is a hell of a defenseman.

Rasmus Ristolainen: I'm going to get roasted here, but his defensive metrics have become a lot better year on year since he has been in Philly. Now that it is known he isn't a number one guy and his offense isn't all that, he has simplified his game, focused on his own zone, and kept the physicality up. Add that to his 6'4" 220 lb frame, he could be a great running mate for Fowler. Again, acquisition price should be low. His contract isn't really a concern for us, but this is kind of a backup option if we can't land a bigger fish in free agency.

Ty Dellandrea: I just think he's neat. Great motor, right shot, late bloomer but there is clearly some skill there, and he is an excellent pest. 2 or 3 RW option, could prove to be a 50+ point player if he is put on a line with the right talent. Not sure how to get him out of Dallas, but they are cap crunched and his ELC is over.

Dennis Gurianov: Reclamation project, could turn back into a top 6 RW, cheap/free to acquire. Basically a right wing Comtois but trades some physicality for scoring touch, but also shares the streaky nature of Comtois. Kind of a liability to the team when he is cold though.

Oliver Bjorkstrand: Would be a great top 6 RW to pick up if possible. Only knock against him is that he is a slow starter each year to get his scoring going.

Andrew Peeke: He is playing top 4 minutes, and his defense is between acceptable to good. No offense to speak of, but I'm not concerned by that. Fowlers partner and sunset to 2nd pairing in a year or two. Biggest issue is that he is a liability on the PK.

Brett Pesce: Phenomenal on the PK, pulls big minutes, but I don't know how we would coach him out of Carolina, also a pending UFA.

Jesse Pulljujarvi: Could recover into a 2nd line RW with great 2 way game, but his confidence is gone right now. Great size, willing to throw the hit, great locker room presence, still young as well. Maybe we QO him if Carolina wont and take a flyer on him as 2RW.

I think Strome needs to hit the block though, McTavish is developing faster than expected, and Strome has shown he is crap on the right wing, and crap at defending, so he either needs to figure out RW, or he needs to go, because we don't have an opening for him at 2C.
GeneralLandro and LosPatos liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll