SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Bruins are going to be hard-pressed to contend with their current roster missing the likes of Bergeron and Krejci

May 20, 2023 at 12:31 a.m.
Banned
We all know how irreplaceable they are, both the on ice tangibles and off-ice intangibles, particularly the leadership of both center-men will likely be enough to take the Bruins out of the contention conversation considering the organizations lack of center-depth. Zacha isn't good enough to be a 1C, and Coyle isn't good enough to be a 2C. I know Pastrnak just signed long-term, but I think he might only be kidding himself if he thinks a stanley cup is in the near future for the Bruins. All we might be able to do now is ponder where things could be if Don Sweeney had drafted better in previous years, I know some might make the argument that there wouldn't be enough cap space to fit more star players under the cap, but that is a good problem to have. Sweeney could easily have traded the likes of Matthew Barzal, Kyle Connor, or Thomas Chabot for future assets if any of them didn't fit the team system or there wasn't cap space to sign them beyond their ELC's, that could in turn manifest into more cheap labour coming through the prosect system to help lengthen the team's contention window.
Oct. 17, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
We all know how irreplaceable they are, both the on ice tangibles and off-ice intangibles, particularly the leadership of both center-men will likely be enough to take the Bruins out of the contention conversation considering the organizations lack of center-depth. Zacha isn't good enough to be a 1C, and Coyle isn't good enough to be a 2C. I know Pastrnak just signed long-term, but I think he might only be kidding himself if he thinks a stanley cup is in the near future for the Bruins. All we might be able to do now is ponder where things could be if Don Sweeney had drafted better in previous years, I know some might make the argument that there wouldn't be enough cap space to fit more star players under the cap, but that is a good problem to have. Sweeney could easily have traded the likes of Matthew Barzal, Kyle Connor, or Thomas Chabot for future assets if any of them didn't fit the team system or there wasn't cap space to sign them beyond their ELC's, that could in turn manifest into more cheap labour coming through the prosect system to help lengthen the team's contention window.

So about that Poitras kid.......

Honestly - the 2015 draft had only one pick that really needs to be defended - and that's Senyshyn. He was picked way above his rating, and I think was really just overthinking having 3 picks in a row. And a single pick 8 years ago is unlikely to make a huge difference. And just as important was picking up Brandon Carlo in round 2 of that draft. If you're going to blame for missing a pick, you have to give credit for that. And for MacAvoy, who's performed above his draft slot as well.
Oct. 25, 2023 at 9:02 p.m.
Bedard23
So far this take has not aged well
Dec. 19, 2023 at 5:48 a.m.
Pasta definitely scores like a machine gun, but he can’t carry the whole team by himself. They didn't handle the puck well with the Rangers.
Knuckl3s liked this.
Jan. 22 at 8:47 a.m.
Quoting: Umonerper
Pasta definitely scores like a machine gun, but he can’t carry the whole team by himself. They didn't handle the puck well with the Rangers.

The Bruins have the fewest regulation losses in the league. They're first in the East, basically in a 3-way tie for 1st in the league. They're 6th in the league in goals scored.

Other Bruins fans drive me absolutely bonkers sometimes. The team has regressed from historically good last season to one of the best in the league this season, losing a hall of fame center, another amazing center & a past MVP to bring in basically veteran minimum players - and people can't stop complaining.

Enjoy the damn ride. They're amazing to watch.
Feb. 24 at 2:11 p.m.
Bedard23
Yeah this didn’t age well

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll