SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 Prospect Updates (Part 2)

May 31, 2023 at 11:25 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Man Kamp doing a good Leaf impression look good to start then get scored on then fall apart
May 31, 2023 at 11:54 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Another rough game for Minten outside of the 1st period. An unlucky bounce that lead to a goal against but finishes the night -2 and missed a pretty good opportunity to put his team up.

Always left waiting to see something from him
May 31, 2023 at 11:54 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Jun. 1, 2023 at 9:59 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Some highlights:

“ Minten, they’ll all say — as will he — was never a top prospect … until he was.

He’s the kid who didn’t make any of Canada’s three teams for the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge (“I don’t know how,” Sandland said) and wasn’t invited to Canada’s under-18 camp in Calgary.”

“ With his strong rookie season, and with a bit of a growth spurt that pushed him to 6-foot-1 and 185 pounds in his draft year, Minten did emerge, however, as a B-rated prospect (which “indicates a second/third round candidate”) when NHL Central Scouting released its players to watch list for the 2022 NHL Draft.”

“ By year’s end, his smart play, penalty killing and 71 points in a combined 84 regular-season and playoff games as a 17-year-old second-year player with the Blazers had vaulted him all the way up to No. 28 on NHL Central Scouting’s final ranking of North American skaters in advance of the Leafs taking him in the second round in Montreal.”

“ This year, on a loaded Blazers team that had seven drafted forward prospects by years end, plus a top draft eligible in 2023 prospect Connor Levis, Minten finished third on the team in goals per game (0.54) and fourth in points per game (1.18) with 31 goals and 67 points in just 57 games. But on top of the production, he was also 552 for 1,027 in the faceoff circle (53.7 percent) and he became lethal attacking off the wall on the power play (where he scored 17 of his goals, fourth-most in the WHL). Plus, Minten and Islanders prospect Daylan Kuefler were a go-to pair for Clouston on the penalty kill.”

“ His game isn’t even about points,” Sandland said. “Like he’s so good 200 feet. Like relentless work ethic. He’s so reliable and his hockey IQ is off the charts. He just gets things and he just plays such a rounded, kind of pro-style game already. I feel like his game is just going to go to another level, I really do.”

i-dont-get-it-clueless.gif
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:35 a.m.
Amirov Forever

So long, SDA
MatthewsFan and Saskleaf liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:58 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Nathaniel

So long, SDA

More ice time for Ovchinnikov

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952c941e6d43db156d0327310a8c7a4081fbee52f12&ep=v1_internal_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g
Jun. 2, 2023 at 11:35 a.m.
Amirov Forever
image0.jpg

From Pavel Gogolev's just Instagram. Sounds like he's done in Newfoundland and is probably signing in Europe.

Either way, his departure from the Leafs organization is imminent. Wish the kid nothing but the best, he's a great player who deserved a larger opportunity in Toronto
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 11:40 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Since we are on the topic of Gogolev, I'm really glad Greg Moore is gone. I'd love to see a head coach that actually gives a good opportunity to the young guys get the reigns. Marlies are going to be loaded with young talent next year
Jun. 2, 2023 at 1:33 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Since we are on the topic of Gogolev, I'm really glad Greg Moore is gone. I'd love to see a head coach that actually gives a good opportunity to the young guys get the reigns. Marlies are going to be loaded with young talent next year

Yup, can't wait to see a full season with Niemela, Hirvonen, Tvergberg, Voit, Ovchinnikov, Kressler, Tychonick, Centazzo, Cruikshank
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 1:34 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Yup, can't wait to see a full season with Niemela, Hirvonen, Tvergberg, Voit, Ovchinnikov, Kressler, Tychonick, Centazzo, Cruikshank

Hope McKay gets the net for the Marlies as well
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Hope McKay gets the net for the Marlies as well

Still on the Keith Petruzzelli train, not ready to get off yet lol
Jun. 3, 2023 at 12:48 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Watching tonight's Seattle - Peterborough game and there are a few players I'm really liking:

Kyle Crnkovic and Avery Hayes. Hayes was a guy I really liked out of the Leafs dev camp last year, and Crnkovic just doesnt quit.

Im still furious that we didn't pick Lambert at 25
Jun. 23, 2023 at 8:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Jun. 26, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Jun. 26, 2023 at 12:18 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Same twitter account was right about the Peksa ELC, so I believe it. Honestly stoked, Ahktyamov is and has been my favorite leafs goalie prospect since we got the guy. What a player
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 1:07 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Didn't get the opportunity to watch the Leafs dev camp scrimmage live this morning, but after watching the reupload, here are some of my thoughts:

- Lisowsky looks real good. His good WHL season was not a flash in the pan. He's got skill
- Moldenhauer was the biggest standout. His game looks awesome, cannot wait to see him in Michigan. That's a program that will take him to the next level
- Koster remains one of the Leafs most underrated prospects. Love his game and am excited to see him get a bigger role in Minnesota this year after some notable departures on the back end
- Tverberg is very fun, could have a very nice year with the Marlies. Love his speed
- Chadwick didn't look half bad
- Voit is going to be a killer. So pumped to see him with the Marlies, he is awesome
- Hedqvist is relentless. ELC worthy stuff in my opinion. Really hope to see this kid invited to Traverse City
- Cowan's work rate is undeniable. So much hustle in his game. Shades of Zach Hyman down low. Such a competitive kid
- Miller didn't look half bad. Another guy that doesn't get a ton of press, but had streaks of really solid play in Harvard
- Mignosa was another invitee that impressed me. Very noticeable
- Niemela is a beast
- Minten had himself an alright game. Scored the lone goal for team blue. Excited to see him get a bigger role in Kamloops with the departure of Stankoven
- Hirvonen looked good before getting cranked. Fingers crossed he's alright
- Tychonik looked good, hope he gets an extended look with the Marlies, although it seems likely he'll largely be a Growler
- Dillingham's hit wasn't particularly necessary, but it was a pretty nice hit. If only it were an actual game and the dude you flattened wasn't a teammate
- Sundin is much more than a cool last name. He looked pretty darn good
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 1:28 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Ahktyamov AND Peksa will be loaned back to Russia, per Wickenheiser
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jul. 8, 2023 at 5:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Ahktyamov AND Peksa will be loaned back to Russia, per Wickenheiser

Happy for that as man it would be crowded in Marlies and Growlers nets lul
Jul. 8, 2023 at 7:29 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Treliving has expressed his love for big, heavy defenseman quite a bit since he's taken over. What do we think the chances of a Dillingham ELC / AHL contract are?

This isn't even just because of all of the press he is getting today. Looking at the initial list of invitees, he's a name that stood out. Not the most explosive guy, but he plays a game that is dearly needed. He gets overshadowed by some of the higher upside invitees, but I think Dillingham has a pretty high floor. I'm not expecting him to become a world breaking top 4 defenseman, but he could be good for depth / potentially a third pairing guy.

He was good with the Sting in my viewing of the team (so much so that he was their captain this last season), is a big local kid, and threw that giant hit today. Obviously one big hit isn't getting a guy a contract, but he is a guy that I'd look at for the Marlies. He definitely brings an element that the defense group lacks. Maybe something like this:

Lagesson - Niemela
Rifai - Villeneuve
Lajoie - Dillingham
Jul. 8, 2023 at 9:25 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Treliving has expressed his love for big, heavy defenseman quite a bit since he's taken over. What do we think the chances of a Dillingham ELC / AHL contract are?

This isn't even just because of all of the press he is getting today. Looking at the initial list of invitees, he's a name that stood out. Not the most explosive guy, but he plays a game that is dearly needed. He gets overshadowed by some of the higher upside invitees, but I think Dillingham has a pretty high floor. I'm not expecting him to become a world breaking top 4 defenseman, but he could be good for depth / potentially a third pairing guy.

He was good with the Sting in my viewing of the team (so much so that he was their captain this last season), is a big local kid, and threw that giant hit today. Obviously one big hit isn't getting a guy a contract, but he is a guy that I'd look at for the Marlies. He definitely brings an element that the defense group lacks. Maybe something like this:

Lagesson - Niemela
Rifai - Villeneuve
Lajoie - Dillingham

AHL deal I think would be smart like Rifai. Then if he starts improving and has a shot u then sign him to an ELC

As its risky to give rn considering what we saw with Douglas
Jul. 9, 2023 at 12:23 a.m.
Amirov Forever

Obviously there is no cited source so take this with a grain of salt, but I don't find this hard to believe by any stretch. Here are my guesses:

- Nolan Dillingham
- Pito Walton
- Tyler Weiss
Jul. 9, 2023 at 12:28 a.m.
Hakuna Matata

Obviously there is no cited source so take this with a grain of salt, but I don't find this hard to believe by any stretch. Here are my guesses:

- Nolan Dillingham
- Pito Walton
- Tyler Weiss

Dillingham would break leafs nation lul

Honestly I dont mind him on an AHL deal as if he can develop into someone like Muzzin perfect
Jul. 9, 2023 at 10:20 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Yup, this is type of player I’d want on the team I root for 🤦‍♂️👎
Jul. 9, 2023 at 10:20 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Jul. 9, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
https://www.theobserver.ca/sports/local-sports/sarnia-stings-nolan-dillingham-wins-ohl-mickey-renaud-captains-trophy

Mickey Renaud Captain’s Trophy, goes annually to one captain in the Ontario Hockey League for his on- and off-ice leadership, passion and dedication to the sport.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll