SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Goaltending for the 23-24 season

Send Dostal back to San Diego for half the season
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 27, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
I just got done watching the highlight reels for the Gulls towards end of season to check in on our new acquisitions, and man, Clang and Alexander were rough to watch. Checking in on the counting stats and Clang was decent, but Alexander hasn't posted a better than an 0.890 SV% in the ECHL or the AHL this season.

Given the fact that Dostal is still waivers eligible for another season, it would not surprise me to see Stolarz back on a one season deal in Anaheim to back up Gibson, Dostal go back to San Diego to stabilize the back end for all of our new defensemen, Clang back him up on the Gulls, and Alexander sent to the ECHL for further development. At least until the TDL when Stolarz would be dangled as a trade piece, then everyone steps up a spot.

I know Dostal has nothing left to prove at the AHL level, but half of the defense are going to be AHL rookies, and having a confident, talented goalie behind their confidence a lot by mitigating the cost of mistakes made.
Apr. 28, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
45 for Norris.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I just got done watching the highlight reels for the Gulls towards end of season to check in on our new acquisitions, and man, Clang and Alexander were rough to watch. Checking in on the counting stats and Clang was decent, but Alexander hasn't posted a better than an 0.890 SV% in the ECHL or the AHL this season.

Given the fact that Dostal is still waivers eligible for another season, it would not surprise me to see Stolarz back on a one season deal in Anaheim to back up Gibson, Dostal go back to San Diego to stabilize the back end for all of our new defensemen, Clang back him up on the Gulls, and Alexander sent to the ECHL for further development. At least until the TDL when Stolarz would be dangled as a trade piece, then everyone steps up a spot.

I know Dostal has nothing left to prove at the AHL level, but half of the defense are going to be AHL rookies, and having a confident, talented goalie behind their confidence a lot by mitigating the cost of mistakes made.

I think we go 36:1.

I then think we sign a vet AHL goalie such as Gillies and rock with Vet:Clang

Then we play Gage in the ECHL.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit