Forums/Nashville Predators

Guessing everybody's trade lists for the 2023-2024 season

Apr. 25, 2023 at 2:31 p.m.
sensonfire
Edited Jun. 30, 2023 at 12:10 p.m.
This post will be edited throughout the year when necessary
May 16, 2023 at 10:28 a.m.
Goorts
Do you think he would go to Montreal? Better yet, do you think Montreal would even want him?
May 16, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
sensonfire
Edited May 16, 2023 at 2:50 p.m.
Quoting: Goorts
Do you think he would go to Montreal? Better yet, do you think Montreal would even want him?

1. Aside from Columbus, Montreal is among the worst 4 teams in the standings.

And it is unclear to me if Duchene speaks French.

I doubt it.

2. Montreal might want him if they have enough cap space to acquire him.

3. I can see Duchene not having Anaheim on the list because his uncle is an Assistant Coach there.

Even though they are the last place team in the league.

But then again, he might not want to play for a bottom-feeder, given his experiences with Colorado and Ottawa.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
JT Miller for Hart
Here's my prediction:
Ottawa, Colorado, Columbus(already played in these places and did not stay), Salt Lake City/Kansas City/ Arizona(wherever the heck they are), Philadelphia, Montreal(doubt he speaks French well enough) and Vancouver(I just can't see him fitting in).
sensonfire liked this.
Jun. 6, 2023 at 2:12 p.m.
Goorts
The more I think on it, the more I believe it'll be kind of like a 10-team No Trade...
He may not include Ottawa, Colorado and Columbus on his NT, as he may feel that they just won't want him being they already dealt him away, thus leaving him with 7 other teams to block.
I would assume he wants to win, so it'll be a focus on the bottom teams or teams that are a dumpster fire... heres my thoughts
- Philly (dumpster fire)
- Chicago
- Arizona (or wherever they end up)
- Vancouver (dumpster fire)
- San Jose
- Anaheim (still a ways away from winning)
- Montreal
sensonfire liked this.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 12:11 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: AK50
Here's my prediction:
Ottawa, Colorado, Columbus(already played in these places and did not stay), Salt Lake City/Kansas City/ Arizona(wherever the heck they are), Philadelphia, Montreal(doubt he speaks French well enough) and Vancouver(I just can't see him fitting in).

Quoting: Goorts
The more I think on it, the more I believe it'll be kind of like a 10-team No Trade...
He may not include Ottawa, Colorado and Columbus on his NT, as he may feel that they just won't want him being they already dealt him away, thus leaving him with 7 other teams to block.
I would assume he wants to win, so it'll be a focus on the bottom teams or teams that are a dumpster fire... heres my thoughts
- Philly (dumpster fire)
- Chicago
- Arizona (or wherever they end up)
- Vancouver (dumpster fire)
- San Jose
- Anaheim (still a ways away from winning)
- Montreal

Looks like it won't matter.

Duchene just got bought out.
AK50 liked this.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
Goorts
Honestly surprised at this... not because he got bought out, but that it happened this year and not next year... that and I figured he could have maybe netted something in a trade, but I guess there are zero buyers.

Going to be a tough few years with Turris and Duchene on the books for at least 6 more years... but it is what it is at this point.
sensonfire liked this.
Jun. 30, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
JT Miller for Hart
Quoting: sensonfire
Looks like it won't matter.

Duchene just got bought out.

Did not see that coming. He's only a season removed from a career high 43 goals and 86 pts. wth is Trotz planning?
You must be going for a big-ticket guy if you get rid of two big contracts that weren't bad, but weren't working out either.
sensonfire liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll