SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

Guessing everybody's trade lists for the 2023-2024 season

Apr. 25, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
sensonfire
This post will be edited throughout the year when necessary.

Alex Tuch

5 team no-trade list

Minnesota + Vegas + The 3 worst teams in the standings
May 17, 2023 at 5:19 p.m.
Quoting: sensonfire
This post will be edited throughout the year when necessary.

Alex Tuch

5 team no-trade list

Minnesota + Vegas + The 3 worst teams in the standings

Why Minny and Vegas? I know those organizations owned his rights previously but he didn't leave on bad terms and neither team wanted to see him go. Minnesota traded him for expansion protection considerations and Vegas traded him as the big prize in a swap for a superstar they were chasing.

"I had great relationships with management and the player development people like Brad Bombardir [in Minnesota]. It was a hard goodbye."

"First of all, I want to take a moment to thank the entire city of Las Vegas for allowing my family and I to call it home for the past 4.5 years. I want to thank The Foley Family, the rest of the Knights' ownership group, and the team's management for giving me the opportunity to put on the Golden Knights jersey. Most of all, I want to thank all of my teammates that I've played with in Vegas. I am going to miss the great group they have there."
May 17, 2023 at 5:40 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Why Minny and Vegas? I know those organizations owned his rights previously but he didn't leave on bad terms and neither team wanted to see him go. Minnesota traded him for expansion protection considerations and Vegas traded him as the big prize in a swap for a superstar they were chasing.

"I had great relationships with management and the player development people like Brad Bombardir [in Minnesota]. It was a hard goodbye."

"First of all, I want to take a moment to thank the entire city of Las Vegas for allowing my family and I to call it home for the past 4.5 years. I want to thank The Foley Family, the rest of the Knights' ownership group, and the team's management for giving me the opportunity to put on the Golden Knights jersey. Most of all, I want to thank all of my teammates that I've played with in Vegas. I am going to miss the great group they have there."

1. Players generally don't want to go back to the team that traded them away.

Because if they did, they might be traded away yet again.

2. Being traded is one of the most miserable experiences for any athlete in professional sport.

It means they aren't wanted by their former team anymore.

3. What you just quoted from Alex Tuch is lip service and he was coached to say the things he said.

It's public relations 101 and every professional athlete from every major league sports team does it.
May 18, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
1. Players generally don't want to go back to the team that traded them away.

Because if they did, they might be traded away yet again.

2. Being traded is one of the most miserable experiences for any athlete in professional sport.

It means they aren't wanted by their former team anymore.

3. What you just quoted from Alex Tuch is lip service and he was coached to say the things he said.

It's public relations 101 and every professional athlete from every major league sports team does it.

1) Players re-sign with teams that have traded them all the time.
2) Being traded away can mean you aren't wanted. That's clearly not the case with Tuch. In both situations he was moved specifically because he was such a valuable asset.
3) There's a difference between lip service to the fans and going out of your way to praise management of an organization. (the management that made the trade, mind you)
May 18, 2023 at 2:22 p.m.
sensonfire
1) Players re-sign with teams that have traded them all the time.
2) Being traded away can mean you aren't wanted. That's clearly not the case with Tuch. In both situations he was moved specifically because he was such a valuable asset.
3) There's a difference between lip service to the fans and going out of your way to praise management of an organization. (the management that made the trade, mind you)

1) In the cases that they did, they should have asked for more stringent trade protection (i.e. NMC)

But more often than not, they don't go back.

2) When Tuch was traded to Buffalo, it was because Vegas needed enough cap space to take Eichel.

Both players were severely injured at the time and needed surgery.

3) Praising those that traded you away is exactly what you'd say as a means of lip service.

4) Which 5 teams do you think are on Tuch's no-trade list?
May 18, 2023 at 6:25 p.m.
1) In the cases that they did, they should have asked for more stringent trade protection (i.e. NMC)

But more often than not, they don't go back.

2) When Tuch was traded to Buffalo, it was because Vegas needed enough cap space to take Eichel.

Both players were severely injured at the time and needed surgery.

3) Praising those that traded you away is exactly what you'd say as a means of lip service.

4) Which 5 teams do you think are on Tuch's no-trade list?

1) Who are you to say what players "should" have done. The point was that players are willing to re-sign with teams that have traded them. Happens all the time.
2) I'm not sure what your point is here.
3) You're just wrong on this. PR spin is one thing; it doesn't necessitate going as far as Tuch went.
4) I have no idea and neither do you. Probably the teams he doesn't want to play for and the places he doesn't want to be in.
May 18, 2023 at 6:53 p.m.
sensonfire
1) Who are you to say what players "should" have done. The point was that players are willing to re-sign with teams that have traded them. Happens all the time.
2) I'm not sure what your point is here.
3) You're just wrong on this. PR spin is one thing; it doesn't necessitate going as far as Tuch went.
4) I have no idea and neither do you. Probably the teams he doesn't want to play for and the places he doesn't want to be in.

We both have no idea.

You're right there.

That's the whole point of guessing.

You say, "probably the teams he doesn't want to play for and the places he doesn't want to be in".

But you refuse to be specific.

Such a great help.
May 19, 2023 at 10:18 a.m.
We both have no idea.

You're right there.

That's the whole point of guessing.

You say, "probably the teams he doesn't want to play for and the places he doesn't want to be in".

But you refuse to be specific.

Such a great help.

I didn't come up with the premise, bud.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll