sensonfire
Edited Mar. 6 at 5:51 p.m.
This post will be edited throughout the year when necessary

Cam Fowler

4 team trade list

Detroit + Los Angeles + Seattle + Vegas

John Gibson

10 team no-trade list

The 7 Canadian teams + The 3 worst American teams in the standings besides Anaheim

Jakob Silfverberg

12 team no-trade list

Ottawa + The 11 worst teams in the standings besides Ottawa and Anaheim
Apr. 25, 2023 at 5:12 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: sensonfire
This post will be edited throughout the year when necessary

Cam Fowler

4 team trade list

Detroit + Los Angeles + Vegas + Whichever team won the Stanley Cup in 2023

John Gibson

10 team no-trade list

The 7 Canadian teams + The 3 worst American teams in the standings besides Anaheim

Adam Henrique

10 team no-trade list

New Jersey + The 9 worst teams in the standings besides Anaheim

Jakob Silfverberg

12 team no-trade list

Ottawa + The 11 worst teams in the standings besides Ottawa and Anaheim

I don't think Rico has any issue going back to New Jersey, especially with what they have done this season

I would imagine Fowler has Toronto instead of Vegas on his permissible list

I have no idea about Silf to be honest, I would imagine all of Canada is on the list any after that just anywhere he doesn't particularly want to go.
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 25, 2023 at 6:19 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I don't think Rico has any issue going back to New Jersey, especially with what they have done this season

I would imagine Fowler has Toronto instead of Vegas on his permissible list

I have no idea about Silf to be honest, I would imagine all of Canada is on the list any after that just anywhere he doesn't particularly want to go.

When a team trades someone away, they don't want that player around anymore, as is the case with Rico and the Devils.

Vegas is a cup contender and a shorter drive/flight from Anaheim compared to most NHL cities. Moving there would be easier for Fowler than if he moved to Toronto.

If Silf were to be traded, he would want to go to any team that wants to win except for Ottawa.
Apr. 25, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: sensonfire
When a team trades someone away, they don't want that player around anymore, as is the case with Rico and the Devils.

Vegas is a cup contender and a shorter drive/flight from Anaheim compared to most NHL cities. Moving there would be easier for Fowler than if he moved to Toronto.

If Silf were to be traded, he would want to go to any team that wants to win except for Ottawa.

New Jersey and Anaheim was a mutually beneficial trade at the time, we gave them a RD that they needed, we got needed forward depth, wasn't a matter of not wanting them, its part of the business, I doubt there is any ill will to the previous organization.

Toronto and Detroit are very close together, and Fowler comes from a town in between the two, I would imagine Toronto is as close to home as Detroit is, and if he was going to be traded, I don't think his commute to Anaheim is going to be a big factor with how many years he has left. LA could be on the list if for no other reason than he knows we would never trade him there, and wants to further limit the where he could be traded to.
Apr. 25, 2023 at 6:54 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
New Jersey and Anaheim was a mutually beneficial trade at the time, we gave them a RD that they needed, we got needed forward depth, wasn't a matter of not wanting them, its part of the business, I doubt there is any ill will to the previous organization.

Toronto and Detroit are very close together, and Fowler comes from a town in between the two, I would imagine Toronto is as close to home as Detroit is, and if he was going to be traded, I don't think his commute to Anaheim is going to be a big factor with how many years he has left. LA could be on the list if for no other reason than he knows we would never trade him there, and wants to further limit the where he could be traded to.

My rule of thumb when guessing trade lists is that players generally don't want to go back to a team that once traded them away.

Because if they went back, that same team might trade them away again.

Fowler comes from a town called Farmington, Michigan and it is not in between Toronto and Detroit.

He emigrated from a city just across the river from Detroit called Windsor when he was really young and played one season for the Windsor Spitfires.

He hasn't lived or played for a hockey team in Canada since then.

He has as much of a connection to Toronto as we do over the internet.

Also, if Fowler was traded to the Kings, he can just live in the same home that he's living in now and commute to the rink like he's doing in Anaheim.

He wouldn't have to move anywhere.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll