SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Hunting for our Sergachev

Would you trade Zegras for these players
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Apr. 22, 2023 at 2:59 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
While pondering what Verbeek might do this offseason, assuming that we win the Bedard sweepstakes, the Drouin Sergachev deal crossed my mind, as Verbeek was part of the organization in Tampa back then. It made me wonder if he might shop Zegras in a hockey trade for a very specific defenseman, one of either Moritz Seider or David Jiricek.

Detroit has their captain, but the only Center drafted in the first round in the last 5 years (at least high up) was Marco Kasper just last year. Columbus also has not taken a true center in the last 5 years in the first round, and were so desperate for a 1C this season that they tried out Patrick Laine at the position.

I know there were other concerns/reasons that Tampa moved on from Drouin, and I am not stating those are present, but if you were Verbeek, and you landed Bedard, would you look at moving Zegras to land an elite young RHD?
OldNYIfan and Manson liked this.
Apr. 22, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Apr. 22, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
No, no, no, no, no.

Bedard/Fantilli, Zegras, Terry and McTavish are four of our top 6 forwards of the future right there, already in house (almost). We haven't got the other two yet, and while we're acquiring them, our two of our four prime LhD prospects will have matured into top-4 defensemen.

Patience.
Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 22, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
No, no, no, no, no.

Bedard/Fantilli, Zegras, Terry and McTavish are four of our top 6 forwards of the future right there, already in house (almost). We haven't got the other two yet, and while we're acquiring them, our two of our four prime LhD prospects will have matured into top-4 defensemen.

Patience.

I completely agree, just stay the course sit tight and let Mintyukov and Zellweger mature and we will be just fine in the left — plus we have LaCombe and Hinds as well who could become something as well

We should also be okay on the right with the guys we have maturing as well
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 22, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Apr. 22, 2023 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
I completely agree, just stay the course sit tight and let Mintyukov and Zellweger mature and we will be just fine in the left — plus we have LaCombe and Hinds as well who could become something as well

We should also be okay on the right with the guys we have maturing as well

Our right side D comes across as weak to me, and we have been chasing the #1RHD for over a decade, it was always our weakness going back to to when we were competitive. I think Drysdale will be good, but only top 4 good, not #1 guy good. None of Helleson, Warren, Luneau, or Moore strike me as having elite potential to take that #1 role, and we're taking another Center with our 1st pick this year. Not entirely sure why you guys are bringing up our studs at LHD when I am specifically citing our lack of #1RHD, maybe one of them can play offside as well as they do on their natural side, but its not usually the case.

Mind you, I would not be proposing this for anything short of an elite/star player coming back the other way. But as one of Salzy or Lenny7 (sorry boys, can't recall which of you said this) Draft best available, trade for needs, and we need a #1 RHD. I guess it all depends on how Z and McTavish can do at the wings, as I have heard various cases of both of them looking poor on the wing compared to at Center.
Apr. 22, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
45 for Norris.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
GeneralLandro OldNYIfan Manson

I think Warren might be that shutdown guy, (not as good as Seider though [obviously]). I think we should wait, not worth trading Z.

If we would I would like Nemec.

@Riley_Chester @LosPatos @Anates
Apr. 22, 2023 at 5:54 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: Manson
I think Warren might be that shutdown guy, (not as good as Seider though [obviously]). I think we should wait, not worth trading Z.

If we would I would like Nemec.

Riley_Chester LosPatos Anates

Yeah, I didn't include Nemec because Jersey doesn't have a need at 1C, especially one who needs a new contract, they've got some big signings this summer to take care of.
Manson liked this.
Apr. 24, 2023 at 9:17 a.m.
Lenny7
This hurts my soul to even think about.

I'd love any of those guys, but it'd be digging a big hole to fill another. Lineup is currently too bottom heavy. Lots of 3rd and 4th liners, and the fwd prospect pool looks like more of the same at this point. Honestly, I've got no issue if one of Z or Bedard ends up spending a bunch of time on the wing anyway.
OldNYIfan, Manson and GeneralLandro liked this.
Apr. 24, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
This hurts my soul to even think about.

I'd love any of those guys, but it'd be digging a big hole to fill another. Lineup is currently too bottom heavy. Lots of 3rd and 4th liners, and the fwd prospect pool looks like more of the same at this point. Honestly, I've got no issue if one of Z or Bedard ends up spending a bunch of time on the wing anyway.

Zegras Terry & McTavish Bedard C/RW pairs 🫡
Lenny7 liked this.
Apr. 25, 2023 at 10:25 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Zegras Terry & McTavish Bedard C/RW pairs 🫡

That's herrrrr! I'm fairly confident we're not getting 1OA though, which is sad and unfortunate.
GeneralLandro liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit