SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Play_off2 or 8ust

Mar. 17, 2023 at 12:34 a.m.
Tough loss. Looked more like what we have seen the last several years. Oh well, can't win them all
Mar. 17, 2023 at 10:26 a.m.
So much for the winning streak.
Maybe we get to see the Canucks next future star, McDonough,some time on this road trip.
Exciting times in Vancouver.

Podkolzin hasn't looked very good over the past couple games.
Mar. 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Need to see what the salary cap is this year. League says 1 mil but the teams are tired of being handtied. I can see it going up as much as five mil this year if the NHLPA agree. Teams need the flexibility to be able to trade and move contracts.

Canucks can make some big acquirements in the summer and it would start with getting rid of OEL. If FA cannot afford 19 mil over 8 years then this team will be hooped either way. You need to make big moves while Petey Quinn Demko and Kuz are in their prime, and not wait three years.
Mar. 17, 2023 at 5:36 p.m.
Quoting: OldManRutherford
Need to see what the salary cap is this year. League says 1 mil but the teams are tired of being handtied. I can see it going up as much as five mil this year if the NHLPA agree. Teams need the flexibility to be able to trade and move contracts.

Canucks can make some big acquirements in the summer and it would start with getting rid of OEL. If FA cannot afford 19 mil over 8 years then this team will be hooped either way. You need to make big moves while Petey Quinn Demko and Kuz are in their prime, and not wait three years.

I think th NHLPA was concerned about this at the beginning of the season. I think they negotiate the escrow payment down to 50% and take the increase cap of 3 million for this season.
The owners may just say to hell with it and get rid of whatever is owed, allowing for that 5 million you mentioned.
If that were to happen, they have to address OEL, 1 way or another, without a doubt.
I am unsure what this management group thinks, so maybe they just hold onto OEL and think he is the guy needed for next seasons playoff push.
Like most Canucks fans, I am tired of old and slow mistake prone defensemen like OEL and would much rather see someone like Brisebois, or whoever, get a real opportunity. If nothing else,Brisebois has put in his time in the organization, being a good pro.
Mar. 17, 2023 at 5:58 p.m.
Quoting: Reubenkincade
I think th NHLPA was concerned about this at the beginning of the season. I think they negotiate the escrow payment down to 50% and take the increase cap of 3 million for this season.
The owners may just say to hell with it and get rid of whatever is owed, allowing for that 5 million you mentioned.
If that were to happen, they have to address OEL, 1 way or another, without a doubt.
I am unsure what this management group thinks, so maybe they just hold onto OEL and think he is the guy needed for next seasons playoff push.
Like most Canucks fans, I am tired of old and slow mistake prone defensemen like OEL and would much rather see someone like Brisebois, or whoever, get a real opportunity. If nothing else,Brisebois has put in his time in the organization, being a good pro.

Bries does deserve a real shot and the good thing he is on a one way contract. I am sure if he was sent down he would be picked up on waivers. He will be somewhere of the six to eight placing. Juuls should be there also at the bottom. Minivan mentioned the name Graves. He would be a good add.
Mar. 18, 2023 at 12:17 a.m.
Brisebois and the 1 way contract starts after next season, so always a chance someone wants a reliable defender.
Between him and Juulsen, they are being developed in a different way than they have been, in the past.
At one time, Juulsen was expected to be a bit of an offense provider, as was Brisebois, both were always more of a compliment to an offensive player.
Wolankn may or may not be a player, but you never know, a player may break put at 27 and be an adequate defender for the next 4 years or so.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 25, 2023 at 8:45 a.m.
Sounds like Canucks are going to be signing another Swede, this time a big defenseman.
A 6'4 200 lb player by the name of Aktell.
Sharkie69 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll