$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 8, 2023 at 11:40 a.m.
Nylander on the 3rd line doesn't make much sense. Most successful playoff teams will load up the top 2 lines as offensive first lines and the bottom 2 lines as defensive first lines. Doesn't mean the bottom 6 doesn't score, that has to happen as well, but it means the bottom 6 needs to be focused on keep the puck on of their zone first and foremost. The top 6 wants to be spending the majority of time in the offensive zone.

With that in mind, I would consider O'Reilly on the 3rd line and there's no way I would put Nylander in the bottom 6.
palhal liked this.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 11:46 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Bunting Matthews Marner
Tavares O'Reilly Nylander
Kerfoot Lafftery Jarnkrok
ZAR Kampf Acciari

McCabe Brodie
Rielly Liljegren
Giordano Schenn
Mar. 8, 2023 at 1:39 p.m.
z money
Quoting: ChiHawk
Nylander on the 3rd line doesn't make much sense. Most successful playoff teams will load up the top 2 lines as offensive first lines and the bottom 2 lines as defensive first lines. Doesn't mean the bottom 6 doesn't score, that has to happen as well, but it means the bottom 6 needs to be focused on keep the puck on of their zone first and foremost. The top 6 wants to be spending the majority of time in the offensive zone.

With that in mind, I would consider O'Reilly on the 3rd line and there's no way I would put Nylander in the bottom 6.

that's a fair point and for context, they ran that Nylander line yesterday and he did look electric with Jarnkrok and Lafferty's speed. It's an honest to god complete unit, can defend, check, transition, and finish. Lafferty plays best up the middle when he's on puck more. My rationale here is that while we could load two lines further with Nylander, hasn't looked great with JT and ROR who are similar net front positional players. And having ROR top 6 loads things pretty well if JT gets the wing. Then the 3rd line can forecheck while Nylander triggers from the 3F spot.

That's the first part, the second is that an alternative that teams have gone with to what you outline is the option to disperse offensive talents on their own lines. The Pittsburgh model, we'll call it. It requires an engine or threat on each of the top 3 lines. Phil Kessel was one of their best 6 forwards during those 2 cups, but mostly drove play for the 3rd. This brings me to the question of: what would the Pitt model look like for TOR? Can ROR really carry a line that contains Jarnkrok and perhaps Kerfoot on the wing? With the 2 offensive and 2 defensive strategy, that 3rd line would worry me when the 4th line above is already pretty capable of being the defensive unit outside of Matthews/Marner, who should always match the top line.

Ultimately, I bet they go with closer to what you outline with ROR and not Nylander bottom 6 (or, neither leaves the top 6 and Kerfoot slides down, probably the odds on favorite). But I want this 3rd line speed line and 4th line checking line set up quite badly, lol. I think my lineup hinges on whether Kerfoot is strong enough to round out 2nd line (his skating is, but...)
ChiHawk liked this.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 1:43 p.m.
z money
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Bunting Matthews Marner
ZAR Kampf Acciari

McCabe Brodie
Rielly Liljegren
Giordano Schenn

Love that we are all about Lilly/Schenn in over Holl. I believe this lineup you have is the betting man's favorite - unless Knies does something unexpected. Now, if he's ready enough, where would you slot Knies in the same line up? I'm beginning to wonder if I even would, regardless of readiness.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 2:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I'm a Leaf fan but really haven't put much thought in the playoff lineup. First let's see who's available....and who is injured. Most bottom enders and pretty interchangeable, and so are many of the Dmen. Just hope whoever Keefe decides is playing their best.
On the Dman pairing, I would prefer Liljegren and Gio together, and Reilly with Schenn.
Zack_Jones liked this.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk

Bunting Matthews Marner
ZAR Kampf Acciari

McCabe Brodie
Rielly Liljegren
Giordano Schenn

Quoting: Zack_Jones
that's a fair point and for context, they ran that Nylander line yesterday and he did look electric with Jarnkrok and Lafferty's speed. It's an honest to god complete unit, can defend, check, transition, and finish. Lafferty plays best up the middle when he's on puck more. My rationale here is that while we could load two lines further with Nylander, hasn't looked great with JT and ROR who are similar net front positional players. And having ROR top 6 loads things pretty well if JT gets the wing. Then the 3rd line can forecheck while Nylander triggers from the 3F spot.

That's the first part, the second is that an alternative that teams have gone with to what you outline is the option to disperse offensive talents on their own lines. The Pittsburgh model, we'll call it. It requires an engine or threat on each of the top 3 lines. Phil Kessel was one of their best 6 forwards during those 2 cups, but mostly drove play for the 3rd. This brings me to the question of: what would the Pitt model look like for TOR? Can ROR really carry a line that contains Jarnkrok and perhaps Kerfoot on the wing? With the 2 offensive and 2 defensive strategy, that 3rd line would worry me when the 4th line above is already pretty capable of being the defensive unit outside of Matthews/Marner, who should always match the top line.

Ultimately, I bet they go with closer to what you outline with ROR and not Nylander bottom 6 (or, neither leaves the top 6 and Kerfoot slides down, probably the odds on favorite). But I want this 3rd line speed line and 4th line checking line set up quite badly, lol. I think my lineup hinges on whether Kerfoot is strong enough to round out 2nd line (his skating is, but...)

Quoting: Zack_Jones
Love that we are all about Lilly/Schenn in over Holl. I believe this lineup you have is the betting man's favorite - unless Knies does something unexpected. Now, if he's ready enough, where would you slot Knies in the same line up? I'm beginning to wonder if I even would, regardless of readiness.

Quoting: palhal
I'm a Leaf fan but really haven't put much thought in the playoff lineup. First let's see who's available....and who is injured. Most bottom enders and pretty interchangeable, and so are many of the Dmen. Just hope whoever Keefe decides is playing their best.
On the Dman pairing, I would prefer Liljegren and Gio together, and Reilly with Schenn.

I’m sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but if you think Holl is not playing G1 if he’s healthy you’re on drugs. Keefe trusts him and he’s playing… period. Just get over it.

As for forwards I like the speed line. It’d be a good matchup for Bolts 3rd line. If you’re going all in, go all in.
palhal liked this.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 4:35 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: DJSums17
I’m sorry to burst everyone’s bubble but if you think Holl is not playing G1 if he’s healthy you’re on drugs. Keefe trusts him and he’s playing… period. Just get over it.

As for forwards I like the speed line. It’d be a good matchup for Bolts 3rd line. If you’re going all in, go all in.

I agree with you about Holl. I've been a Holl supporter despite his lapses, Gee he plays 20 a night, hard minutes on a good defensive team. I'm not sure who replaces him on the right side.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 4:42 p.m.
I agree with you about Holl. I've been a Holl supporter despite his lapses, Gee he plays 20 a night, hard minutes on a good defensive team. I'm not sure who replaces him on the right side.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Holl I’ve just accepted his spot on the team is written in stone.

Holl is so frustrating cause 4 out 5 games he plays so solid and proves he should be top 4. But that 1 game out every 5 proves he shouldn’t be lacing up skates for a Timbits hockey game… As for who replaces him I’d say Lily, Brodie, Schenn, McCabe, Benn, Mete, Hollowell pick a name. McCabe is a direct replacement for Holl in my eyes.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Holl I’ve just accepted his spot on the team is written in stone.

Holl is so frustrating cause 4 out 5 games he plays so solid and proves he should be top 4. But that 1 game out every 5 proves he shouldn’t be lacing up skates for a Timbits hockey game… As for who replaces him I’d say Lily, Brodie, Schenn, McCabe, Benn, Mete, Hollowell pick a name. McCabe is a direct replacement for Holl in my eyes.

?????? Let's talk this season Well Mete and Hollowell are injured, I assume it's Reilly/Gio and McCabe on the left side, and on the right. Brodie/Liljegren and then the decision is Holl or Schenn.
Now next season is different as Timmins gets a RHD job.
Mar. 8, 2023 at 5:01 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

bubbles.gif

I bet you were this confident last year too.

Time will tell
Mar. 12, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.
?????? Let's talk this season Well Mete and Hollowell are injured, I assume it's Reilly/Gio and McCabe on the left side, and on the right. Brodie/Liljegren and then the decision is Holl or Schenn.
Now next season is different as Timmins gets a RHD job.

Well my guess is

Rielly-Lily
McCabe-Brodie
Gio-Schenn

That would be my pairings.

Rielly-Lily
Brodie-McCabe
Gio-Holl

Is the real pairings.

As for next season Timmins is good but he’s not an everyday player imo. I like him but I don’t think Keefe does.
Mar. 12, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
bubbles.gif

I bet you were this confident last year too.

Time will tell

Confident Holl is starting GM 1? No. I knew he wasn’t cause it didn’t make sense to. Completely different story last year. Those 6 were basically locked. Only chance was Lily but he was too good with Gio. Keefe waited until Lily screwed up once before he pulled him out.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll