….

Thoughts?
Mar. 4, 2023 at 2:50 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Mar. 5, 2023 at 3:03 a.m.
Quoting: Manson
….

Thoughts?

We did well with Kulikov. McGinn, while not worth his contract, will make our bottom 6 more difficult to play against. We won't have cap problems while he's under contract. We have to remember, he was a freebie, this was a win.

I'm less mad about the Klingberg deal than I was. He just didn't work, and I think Verbeek got the best he could. He got a partner for Zelwegger or Mintyukov in the AHL with Sustr, and will buy Gage and Clang some cover at the AHL level, hopefully Sustr can teach the boys down there how to be effective defensively. The prospect hopefully turns into something, but it'll be years before we know, same with the pick. While the return was disappointing, Verbeek got some needs met, and hopefully built up a relationship with Minnesota, we need to keep in mind, maintaining relationships with other GMs is half the battle.

I think even if we wanted to move Henrique, with the NHL's warning about LTIR players, it scared off any potential suitors.

We got what we could, we weren't getting a first this year with how Klingberg player. Hopefully Verbeek does well in the off-season to stabilize the back end. Please please go get Mayfield from the Islanders. Take a flyer on Logan Stanley as Drysdale's new partner.

Edit: I've just learner that Nestrenkonis 2nd on Boston College in points behind Cutter Gautier. There could be something there.
Manson liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll