SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

What Now?

Mar. 3, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
LosPatos
Here’s my issue:

I think the problem is that we’re so caught up in the “blowing up” part of the rebuild when we don’t necessarily need to do so.

This year would’ve been the perfect time to go out and pick up younger players and start building up for next year.

We could’ve very well been in a similar situation as LA last year or Detroit this year if we weren’t so damn stubborn about tanking and blowing up our team.

It feels like we’re trying so hard to create a core when we have a core, and we’re not doing enough to build around it
Mar. 3, 2023 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: LosPatos
Here’s my issue:

I think the problem is that we’re so caught up in the “blowing up” part of the rebuild when we don’t necessarily need to do so.

This year would’ve been the perfect time to go out and pick up younger players and start building up for next year.

We could’ve very well been in a similar situation as LA last year or Detroit this year if we weren’t so damn stubborn about tanking and blowing up our team.

It feels like we’re trying so hard to create a core when we have a core, and we’re not doing enough to build around it

What would you have done?

I would have started with getting rid of Dallas a month into the year when we were winless in regulation
Mar. 3, 2023 at 4:42 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: GeneralLandro
What would you have done?

I would have started with getting rid of Dallas a month into the year when we were winless in regulation

The whole concept of keeping a couch around because players think he’s “a nice guy” is such a stupid concept to me. He should’ve never been extended.

Eakins system has made the Ducks the laughing stock of the league, and to make it worse: we still won’t get Bedard
Mar. 3, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: LosPatos
The whole concept of keeping a couch around because players think he’s “a nice guy” is such a stupid concept to me. He should’ve never been extended.

Eakins system has made the Ducks the laughing stock of the league, and to make it worse: we still won’t get Bedard

Bad coach or not, you can't go tearing into changes all at once. While I disagree with decisions that Eakins made, he was also handed a bag of **** to work with. Vatrano adapted fastest, Strome is coming around, Kling didn't work out, and Kulikov was a freebie. We tried to slam square pegs in round holes and it took a while to whittle those pieces down to fit the system he was running.

The measure of the value from this season is how did the kids do? Terry continued to excel, McTavish made great strides, Zegras showed some teething issues, but as a playmaking center, a lot of his points success relies on his line mates, and there were tons of miscues all season (keep your stick on the ice Fowler).

Vaaks seemed to improve, as did Benoit. Dostal got a cup of coffee and looked great, though he looks much more mortal now. Even Max Jones and Lundestrom have recently found chemistry.

The big losers on the season are Drysdale (unavoidable) and Comtois, still unsure how he ended up on Dallas' **** list. As Comtois wasn't traded, I suspect/hope he gets resigned and given a shot under the new coach.
GeneralLandro liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll