SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Arizona Coyotes

Which team has the highest odds of spending a first on Shayne Gostisbehere

WHICH TEAM HAS THE HIGHEST ODDS OF SPENDING A FIRST ON SHAYNE GOSTISBEHERE?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 15, 2022 at 1:06 p.m.
sensonfire
CapFriendly Bot: Thread moved to appropriate forum
Dec. 15, 2022 at 1:08 p.m.
Rip
Literally no one
Isles10 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
Islanders Fan
He's not getting a 1st. If you said a 2nd my guess would be NYI
Dec. 15, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
Kings pass
Dec. 15, 2022 at 1:18 p.m.
we miss leo k
-Leafs have D depth coming out of their ears - even with Rielly, Muzzin, Brodie, and Liljegren all missing at least 10 games this season they're still one of the best D corps in the league. They're not spending a 1st on another defenseman.

-Rangers have Ryan Lindgren & K'Andre Miller as LD1/LD2. If they add anything at D, it's going to be a depth guy at LD3 - so not a guy that you'd typically spend a 1st on.

-Islanders just spent a 1st on an LHD at this past year's draft, I cannot see them repeating that 8 months later.

-Kings legitimately do not have any cap space to add Ghost. They also don't have problems scoring goals (5th in the league), which is the part of the game he helps most with - they need more of a shutdown guy if anything.

-Would Ghost be top 4 on Pittsburgh? I could see him maybe squeezing Brian Dumoulin out, but I dunno. I just can't really see it.

Ghost is an LHD with known defensive deficiencies. I think that's going to hurt his return - GMs tend to undervalue guys like that and overpay for guys like Ben Chiarot on their defensive pedigree. If any LHD gets a 1st at this year, it's Vlad Gavrikov - generally more defensively sound, lower cap hit ($1.4M with retention), and young enough that you could see some extension potential in him if he pans out.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit