$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,300,000$4,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$687,500$687,500
RD
UFA - 2
$837,500$837,500
G
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
G
UFA - 1
$4,916,667$4,916,667
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 9, 2022 at 8:41 a.m.
John Gibson isn't worth half of that anymore
sabres89 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
Shibbal18
Gibson is a lotto ticket, he certainly isnt close to the value Anahiem fans think he is, at least what theyve been saying he is the last 3-4 years. Arizona is only moving pieces for futures. McCabe left, he also chose a team closer to his home, so IDK if he would come back, would love to have him and Ullmark right about now though
sabres89 and Hawksguy81 liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18
Gibson is a lotto ticket, he certainly isnt close to the value Anahiem fans think he is, at least what theyve been saying he is the last 3-4 years. Arizona is only moving pieces for futures. McCabe left, he also chose a team closer to his home, so IDK if he would come back, would love to have him and Ullmark right about now though

I think most of us believe he ain’t worth what he used to be but we also think he could look like his old self with a new team with a better defense infront of him. We also think we would need a big ‘overpay’ for Verbeek to trade him though since cap space isn’t a problem around here so just riding out with Gibby while the young guys develop more would be fine as well
Lenny7, OldNYIfan, GiggywithGibby and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
Lenny7

People who say "he certainly isnt close to the value Anahiem fans think he is" should cite their sources. There's not a single Ducks fan that I've seen on here who has said anything foolish enough to be perceived like that.

What they have said is that Gibson is mainly a victim of the team that surrounds him, and that there's realistically no reason to trade him without being overpaid. What does that amount to? Who knows. But with ample cap space, and an inexperienced 22 year old in San Diego, and with Stolarz on an expiring contract, why would they just move him to move him, aside from maybe just giving him mercy from the Dallas Eakins regime?
Dec. 9, 2022 at 9:40 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: GeneralLandro
I think most of us believe he ain’t worth what he used to be but we also think he could look like his old self with a new team with a better defense infront of him. We also think we would need a big ‘overpay’ for Verbeek to trade him though since cap space isn’t a problem around here so just riding out with Gibby while the young guys develop more would be fine as well

tears of joy You beat me by a minute.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny7

Yessir! We out here! You probably said it better than I did but a good look for the fellas having us both say the same things!
Lenny7, OldNYIfan and Bostonbruins liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:06 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Yessir! We out here! You probably said it better than I did but a good look for the fellas having us both say the same things!

I'll make it a chorus. None of us thinks that Gibson is worth Ryan O'Reilly's return, but he's still a capable starting goaltender and look what Hampus Lindholm got (or Jake Muzzin so long ago). And if you Gibson-doubters think his stats would be just as bad playing in front of a real team like Boston or Colorado or Dallas, you're truly . . . mis-informed.

Buffalo is a good, upcoming team with a bright future; Gibby might actually want to go there. In that case, I can't see us taking less than your 2023 first and one of Samuelsson, Peterka or Quinn for him. And it isn't lost on us that both Johnson and Portillo represent threats not to sign with you.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:07 a.m.
Shibbal18
People who say "he certainly isnt close to the value Anahiem fans think he is" should cite their sources. There's not a single Ducks fan that I've seen on here who has said anything foolish enough to be perceived like that.

What they have said is that Gibson is mainly a victim of the team that surrounds him, and that there's realistically no reason to trade him without being overpaid. What does that amount to? Who knows. But with ample cap space, and an inexperienced 22 year old in San Diego, and with Stolarz on an expiring contract, why would they just move him to move him, aside from maybe just giving him mercy from the Dallas Eakins regime?

over the last 3 - 4 years Ducks fans routinely said hes the best goalie in the NHL and would say hes worth something ridiculous, if I had time to scroll through hundreds of pages to find these comments, I would - not only for this but theres plenty of old comments I would like to bring up, its not feasible
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:09 a.m.
Shibbal18

Quoting: OldNYIfan
I'll make it a chorus. None of us thinks that Gibson is worth Ryan O'Reilly's return, but he's still a capable starting goaltender and look what Hampus Lindholm got (or Jake Muzzin so long ago). And if you Gibson-doubters think his stats would be just as bad playing in front of a real team like Boston or Colorado or Dallas, you're truly . . . mis-informed.

Buffalo is a good, upcoming team with a bright future; Gibby might actually want to go there. In that case, I can't see us taking less than your 2023 first and one of Samuelsson, Peterka or Quinn for him. And it isn't lost on us that both Johnson and Portillo represent threats not to sign with you.

Nevermind I dont need to scroll through 100s of pages we have one right here. a 1st and 1 of 3 untouchable players, for the goaltender who leads the league in goals against. Peterka, Samuelsson, or Quinn wouldnt be on the table for Vasilevsky let alone Gibson
wojme and mac11_716 liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:14 a.m.
Lenny7
Nevermind I dont need to scroll through 100s of pages we have one right here. a 1st and 1 of 3 untouchable players, for the goaltender who leads the league in goals against. Peterka, Samuelsson, or Quinn wouldnt be on the table for Vasilevsky let alone Gibson

So, you're quoting a comment that says exactly what I said? That there's no point in trading Gibson without an overpay? Well played.

Edit: Which is in a thread, created by a Sabres fan, to acquire Gibson...if you don't want him, great, we can all move along.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:19 a.m.
I'll make it a chorus. None of us thinks that Gibson is worth Ryan O'Reilly's return, but he's still a capable starting goaltender and look what Hampus Lindholm got (or Jake Muzzin so long ago). And if you Gibson-doubters think his stats would be just as bad playing in front of a real team like Boston or Colorado or Dallas, you're truly . . . mis-informed. Buffalo is a good, upcoming team with a bright future; Gibby might actually want to go there. In that case, I can't see us taking less than your 2023 first and one of Samuelsson, With out Samuelsson, the Sabres were 3-10, with him in the line up 10-3 Peterka or Quinn Buffalo is not breaking up the youngest line in the NHL who are on pace to score 70 goals this season! for him. And it isn't lost on us that both Johnson and Portillo represent threats not to sign with you.
Gibson may be worth a first and a great prospect/young player, just not to Buffalo.
They may squeak into the playoffs but they are not a Stanley cup team.
GK has been a problem but they also need a better bottom pair defenseman and a better third line.
Gibson will not solve those problems.
They have not traded a pick for a player in nearly 34 months, it is improbable that they would start with a first round pick from a deep draft.
It is more likely the Sabres will be sellers at the TDL to make room for some of their prospects than making a trade for a playoff push.
OldNYIfan and Lenny7 liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
Shibbal18
So, you're quoting a comment that says exactly what I said? That there's no point in trading Gibson without an overpay? Well played.

Yes and youre all being ridiculous, as was my point. right now a 1st for Gibson is an overpay. A decent sized over pay. Until he puts up multiple seasons of decent numbers he isnt worth a 1st, hes 30 next year, has had 4 bad years in a row, most analysts have written him off. He's a lotto ticket, as you said, if its the defense in front of him maybe he rebounds, but right now there is 0 indication that is the case
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:26 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Gibson may be worth a first and a great prospect/young player, just not to Buffalo.
They have not traded a pick for a player in nearly 34 months, it is improbable that they would start with a first round pick from a deep draft.
It is more likely the Sabres will be sellers at the TDL to make room for some of their prospects than making a trade for a playoff push.

I don't disagree at all. I don't think it's necessarily the direction that the Sabres should go in, as they'll likely look at that position in the offseason, or, alternatively, see what they've got in UPL/Levi in a year or two, but in the same breath, I'd say that the Ducks have no reason to move Gibson just to move him. Cheers!
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
They have traded a pick for a player in nearly 34 months, it is improbable that they would start with a first round pick from a deep draft.

Agree with your analysis 100%. All I would add to it is that Buffalo shouldn't be trading for him in the off-season, either; as a team in the bottom third of the League, the Sabres' picks in 2023 and 2024 will be too high. I think that what's lost on a lot of CapFriendly users is that you'll almost never see an ACGM construction from one of us Anaheim adherents trading John Gibson away.
gretzkyghosts, Lenny7, GiggywithGibby and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:34 a.m.
Lenny7
Yes and youre all being ridiculous, as was my point. right now a 1st for Gibson is an overpay. A decent sized over pay. Until he puts up multiple seasons of decent numbers he isnt worth a 1st, hes 30 next year, has had 4 bad years in a row, most analysts have written him off. He's a lotto ticket, as you said, if its the defense in front of him maybe he rebounds, but right now there is 0 indication that is the case

My dude...I feel like you should be arguing with the OP here, not me. I didn't propose the trade, nor would I. If someone wants him, they can pay for him. If not? Well, he can just stay put and we can all live happily ever after.
gretzkyghosts, OldNYIfan, GeneralLandro and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
Lenny7
I think that what's lost on a lot of CapFriendly users is that you'll almost never see an ACGM construction from one of us Anaheim adherents trading John Gibson away.

This is it. There's no reason to trade him just to trade him.
gretzkyghosts, OldNYIfan, GeneralLandro and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:37 a.m.
I don't disagree at all. I don't think it's necessarily the direction that the Sabres should go in, as they'll likely look at that position in the offseason, or, alternatively, see what they've got in UPL/Levi in a year or two, but in the same breath, I'd say that the Ducks have no reason to move Gibson just to move him. Cheers!
Agree with your analysis 100%. All I would add to it is that Buffalo shouldn't be trading for him in the off-season, either; as a team in the bottom third of the League, the Sabres' picks in 2023 and 2024 will be too high. I think that what's lost on a lot of CapFriendly users is that you'll almost never see an ACGM construction from one of us Anaheim adherents trading John Gibson away.
I agree with you 100$.
Gibson is only 29 yo, Marc-Andre Fleury is 39, Craig Anderson is 41 yo no reason to trade a franchise GK half way through his career.
BTW, very refreshing to carry on a great conversation.
I go on this site to learn, berating other posts will never facilitate that.

LOL Shibbal is one of the ACGM's that you should not engage.
He does not listen to any POV's other than his.
OldNYIfan, Lenny7 and Bostonbruins liked this.
Dec. 9, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
Shibbal18

hes not being perspicacious hes just being a contrarian. I could say the sky is blue and he'd argue its green in Buffalo, just to spite me. Theres not a team or analyst in the league that would value Gibson at a 1st and a great prospect/young player ("Gibson may be worth a first and a great prospect/young player, just not to Buffalo."). GMKA probably wont trade his 1st, that wasnt the argument and is pretty obvious to point out
Dec. 9, 2022 at 9:55 p.m.
I agree with you 100$.
Gibson is only 29 yo, Marc-Andre Fleury is 39, Craig Anderson is 41 yo no reason to trade a franchise GK half way through his career.
BTW, very refreshing to carry on a great conversation.
I go on this site to learn, berating other posts will never facilitate that.

LOL Shibbal is one of the ACGM's that you should not engage.
He does not listen to any POV's other than his.

Our current goalies, outside of a 41-year old, cannot go more than a game without giving up at least 4 goals in a game. Gibson is a guy that I heard the Sabres really wanted before, and with their cap space and needing time for Levi to develop, Gibson's age and contract make sense for Buffalo. I think most ACGM on here can agree that Gibson can be a good fit for Buffalo, but the two fan bases will never agree on evaluation.

All makes a good discussion, and I appreciate the feedback. Nice to have perspective from both sides.
gretzkyghosts and OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll