SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Nino or Granny

Nino, Granny, or Something Else
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 22, 2017 at 11:56 a.m.
Wild Fan
1. Due to the expansion draft the wild will lose a good player then again depending on cap another good forward. Speculation has begun on trading pending RFA's Nino Neiderreiter or Micheal Granlund. What would you do?
May 22, 2017 at 12:18 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
If i trade one of them it's Niedderreiter.
May 22, 2017 at 8:20 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Why not trade Zucker?
May 22, 2017 at 9:27 p.m.
With the expansion draft I assume you would protect 7F/3D/1G, I think that you could get more for Grandlund (because he is a young center), that would free up a forward protection spot. Personally I would rather leave Eric Staal exposed to protect both of them. That doesn't solve the problem on Defense where the Wild are likely losing one of Spurgeon, Brodin, or Dumba.
May 22, 2017 at 9:36 p.m.
Wild Fan
Edited May 22, 2017 at 9:48 p.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony
Why not trade Zucker?

He is a decent top six forward on a cheap contract I think the Wild Would Regret trading him. And it most likley wouldn't make enough space to sign both Nino and Granlund
May 22, 2017 at 9:46 p.m.
Wild Fan
Quoting: ChiaPetty
With the expansion draft I assume you would protect 7F/3D/1G, I think that you could get more for Grandlund (because he is a young center), that would free up a forward protection spot. Personally I would rather leave Eric Staal exposed to protect both of them. That doesn't solve the problem on Defense where the Wild are likely losing one of Spurgeon, Brodin, or Dumba.

I think the Wild would be crazy to expose Staal considering the season he had and the contract he is on (I understand you suggesting it though but even with Staal gone I still don't see them getting under the cap. I think them trading Nino is the best way to go has Granlund is a young center and will begin to get top 2 center time as Koivu and Stall age. But I would be careful as he had this breakout season at the wing and hasn't proven himself at center but think he will. As for the expansion draft I think Wild protect Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin; and lose Dumba.
May 22, 2017 at 10:02 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Shame they can't just trade Parise or Suter. That would relieve some cap space.
May 22, 2017 at 10:28 p.m.
Wild Fan
Shame they can't just trade Parise or Suter. That would relieve some cap space.

Right wish the Wild could trade Praise but that would take 3 1st rounders and some retained cap.
May 22, 2017 at 10:59 p.m.
Quoting: APumaInAJar

I think the Wild would be crazy to expose Staal considering the season he had and the contract he is on (I understand you suggesting it though but even with Staal gone I still don't see them getting under the cap. I think them trading Nino is the best way to go has Granlund is a young center and will begin to get top 2 center time as Koivu and Stall age. But I would be careful as he had this breakout season at the wing and hasn't proven himself at center but think he will. As for the expansion draft I think Wild protect Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin; and lose Dumba.

My main concern with Staal is that how likely is a repeat of the season he had. Believe me it sounds crazy but his value is super high, the wild could get something decent in return and since both Nino and Granlund are young and RFAs try to get them on a cheapish deal. I say this as someone who crunches numbers and works with probability as a Chem and Math major.
May 22, 2017 at 11:10 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Don't see them losing Spurgeon or Brodin. Dumba is the guy i think they lose.
May 24, 2017 at 9:50 p.m.
Nino is more likely to be traded
May 25, 2017 at 1:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: boltscharge17
Nino is more likely to be traded

agreed. Granlund is turning into a superstar.
May 25, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Just an idea: Dallas trades 3rd overall pick to Minnesota for Nino.
May 25, 2017 at 3:55 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Just an idea: Dallas trades 3rd overall pick to Minnesota for Nino.

too much for Nieddereiter i'd say.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit