SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Missing the playoffs is NOT an option for this team next season with the roster as currently constructed

Aug. 15, 2022 at 10:03 p.m.
Banned
With JT Miller still on the roster and the team being at the upper limit of the salary cap, there is absolutely NO excuse for the team to not make the playoffs next year. Heck, even if Miller was traded, I'd expect Pettersson to step up and be able to shoulder more of the offensive load, therefore I would still consider missing the post-season a disappointment even without Miller. If the team misses the post season one way or another, that won't be a good look on management since they haven't really cleared any cap space yet. The front office has already soured the confidence of some fans because they were probably a little bit too ambitious with their messaging of their plan, now that we are finding out just how truly difficult it is to move salary around the league

I see the Canucks being a better team than Calgary and Vegas next season assuming Miller starts the season with the team, and I see no reason why the Canucks can't be in the top 3 in the Pacific. If Miller is traded, then I think it's more reasonable to expect that 4th in the pacific and fighting for a wild card is a more realistic target for the Canucks to score a playoff birth

Either way, as long as the team is capped out, the mandate for them MUST be playoffs, anything else would be a disappointment and will reflect poorly on the new regime

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll