Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins NYI Trade

Created by: PoorTom
Team: 2017-18 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: May 5, 2017
Published: May 5, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
NYI have the 3rd worst PP in NHL and just missed the playoffs. Spooner will help that.
Columbus could lose a good Dman in the expansion draft,
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$850,000
2$850,000
2$950,000
7$6,000,000
2$925,000
3$2,750,000
2$950,000
Trades
BOS
    Rights to Calvin De Haan
    NYI
      Rights to Ryan Spooner
      BOS
      VGK
      1. McQuaid, Adam
      2. 2018 4th round pick (BOS)
      Additional Details:
      Expansion draft.
      BOS
        Rights to Josh Anderson
        Buyouts
        Buried
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the BOS
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        22$73,000,000$67,503,751$0$1,090,000$5,496,249
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        $6,125,000$6,125,000
        LW
        NMC
        UFA - 8
        $6,875,000$6,875,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 5
        $4,500,000$4,500,000
        C, RW
        NMC
        UFA - 4
        $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
        RW, LW
        UFA - 3
        $7,250,000$7,250,000
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 4
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        RW
        UFA - 6
        $792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $950,000$950,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 3
        $1,900,000$1,900,000
        LW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        $916,667$916,667
        RW, C
        RFA - 2
        $850,000$850,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 2
        $900,000$900,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $808,750$808,750
        C, LW
        UFA - 1
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $4,000,000$4,000,000
        LD
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        $789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
        RD
        UFA - 2
        $7,000,000$7,000,000
        G
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $2,750,000$2,750,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
        RD
        UFA - 2
        $1,200,000$1,200,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        $5,250,000$5,250,000
        LD
        UFA - 3
        $2,500,000$2,500,000
        RD
        UFA - 3
        $925,000$925,000
        LD
        UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        May 5, 2017 at 12:18 p.m.
        BreKel
        I think Columbus values Anderson highly....To the point where they're supposedly considering buying out Hartnell to make sure they can keep him.
        May 5, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.
        Jeff
        De haan is triple the player spooner is and Isles need 2nd center and scoring wingers.
        trickydick55 liked this.
        May 5, 2017 at 12:39 p.m.
        Black Lives Matter
        The main things i disagree with are the Anderson-Miller trade. I think Anderson is a good 3rd liner who has potential to possibly become a 2nd liner ... and the Vegas thing. In my opinion it would take more than that to get them to take McQuaid.
        May 5, 2017 at 12:58 p.m.
        spooner gonna help with the power play huh? with his ground breaking 12G 38A power play numbers over 2 years? swerve bro this trade is as doody as Capuano was as coach
        May 5, 2017 at 12:59 p.m.
        BreKel
        Quoting: trickydick55
        spooner gonna help with the power play huh? with his ground breaking 12G 38A power play numbers over 2 years? swerve bro this trade is as doody as Capuano was as coach

Spoken by someone who doesn't have a clue hahaha
        May 5, 2017 at 1:22 p.m.

Lol you should actually have watched the Bruins PP. His play on the half board is what allowed guys like Bergeron & Pasta to get good looks. There is more to improving a PP then just the G/A numbers you see in the score sheet
        May 5, 2017 at 5:19 p.m.
        Quoting: JeffreyPatty
        De haan is triple the player spooner is and Isles need 2nd center and scoring wingers.

I dont think the reality of what the islanders need or how more valuable De haan is vs spooner matters to them...
        May 5, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
        Quoting: BreKel

well lets see I've played AAA my whole life, then Juniors,then College... I'd say I have a good Idea about the game, how its played, and talent evaluation...
        May 6, 2017 at 3:41 a.m.
        BreKel

well lets see I've played AAA my whole life, then Juniors,then College... I'd say I have a good Idea about the game, how its played, and talent evaluation...

Cool! Good for you. Your comment on spooner and helping a PP tells me this is null and void. No one cares what you supposedly did. This is the internet where you can make anything up.
        May 7, 2017 at 11:53 p.m.

Cool! Good for you. Your comment on spooner and helping a PP tells me this is null and void. No one cares what you supposedly did. This is the internet where you can make anything up.

I really don't care what you want to believe. so hes one of the best power play players in the league? clearly hes amazing as he got benched in the playoffs and is being shopped by his team LMFAO. if hes sooooo good on then why dont the bruins want him? hmmmm. We have plenty of people who can move the puck on the side boards in our side board umbrella PP. what we dont have is someone to take shots from the point, or some one to move play to behind the net, to create a shift in the Penalty kill, to open up more room in the middle of the zone.

furthermore spooner is no game changer power play guru alright. hes an average player whos a little better on the PP whos been surrounded by more talented players and make him look better than he is. guess what if he wasn't: boston wouldn't be trading him now would they. lemme know when you get a clue though
        May 8, 2017 at 8:51 a.m.
        BreKel

I really don't care what you want to believe. so hes one of the best power play players in the league? clearly hes amazing as he got benched in the playoffs and is being shopped by his team LMFAO. if hes sooooo good on then why dont the bruins want him? hmmmm. We have plenty of people who can move the puck on the side boards in our side board umbrella PP. what we dont have is someone to take shots from the point, or some one to move play to behind the net, to create a shift in the Penalty kill, to open up more room in the middle of the zone.

furthermore spooner is no game changer power play guru alright. hes an average player whos a little better on the PP whos been surrounded by more talented players and make him look better than he is. guess what if he wasn't: boston wouldn't be trading him now would they. lemme know when you get a clue though

Clearly spoken by someone who has never watched him enough to form a legitimate opinion on him. He is very good on the PP. No one here called him a "Game changer powerplay guru". All Bruins fans above have said he is good on the PP and would help a PP greatly.

Boston is only looking to trade him b/c they have JFK on an ELC who may be ready for a 3rd line role. There is no denying Spooner struggles in his own end and at the dot. However, the Bruins really don't have room for him at anywhere but center. He'd be better off as a LW (a position Boston already has a bunch of pieces at). So they're looking to move an asset. They're not actively shopping him because he's terrible. You're the one who needs to get a clue. Smug little plug who confirms he doesn't watch the Bruins.

"Herrr derrrr derrr!!! I played AAA hockey, and DIII College hockey so that makes me a expert on players I don't watch herrrr derrr derrrr" -- Dicktricky55

Take a seat.....You're not an expert. Stop acting like one. hahahahahah

2 E Z
        May 8, 2017 at 2:36 p.m.
        Edited May 8, 2017 at 2:48 p.m.

Clearly spoken by someone who has never watched him enough to form a legitimate opinion on him. He is very good on the PP. No one here called him a "Game changer powerplay guru". All Bruins fans above have said he is good on the PP and would help a PP greatly.

Boston is only looking to trade him b/c they have JFK on an ELC who may be ready for a 3rd line role. There is no denying Spooner struggles in his own end and at the dot. However, the Bruins really don't have room for him at anywhere but center. He'd be better off as a LW (a position Boston already has a bunch of pieces at). So they're looking to move an asset. They're not actively shopping him because he's terrible. You're the one who needs to get a clue. Smug little plug who confirms he doesn't watch the Bruins.

"Herrr derrrr derrr!!! I played AAA hockey, and DIII College hockey so that makes me a expert on players I don't watch herrrr derrr derrrr" -- Dicktricky55

2 E Z

in his own end, on the dot, 5v5. congratulations you have a player who's slightly above average in one facet of the game! claps for you.

him being better on the wing is not why they want to move him that is legitimately the dumbest thing on this thread. your GM, wants to add depth. if spooner was so dank and awesome that he can pull a sought after RFA Dman coming off his best year so far (unlike spooner dehaan actually gets better year to year) why... would they need to look outward to add depth. Spooner is a doody player, who's above average on a PP thats it. claude Julian didn't like him all that much and apparently neither does Cassidy, because he BENCHED HIS ASS IN THE PLAYOFFS. could he help a power play: if there are already shooters in place for the PP yea. he is not your Gamechanging PP guy and hes not an answer to the islanders PP. he does not command this value. hes probably a 3rd round picks worth and thats only because hes young and has plenty of RFA years left. I'm sorry you overestimate spooners value

NEXT.
        May 10, 2017 at 3:06 p.m.
        BreKel

2 E Z

in his own end, on the dot, 5v5. congratulations you have a player who's slightly above average in one facet of the game! claps for you.

him being better on the wing is not why they want to move him that is legitimately the dumbest thing on this thread. your GM, wants to add depth. if spooner was so dank and awesome that he can pull a sought after RFA Dman coming off his best year so far (unlike spooner dehaan actually gets better year to year) why... would they need to look outward to add depth. Spooner is a doody player, who's above average on a PP thats it. claude Julian didn't like him all that much and apparently neither does Cassidy, because he BENCHED HIS ASS IN THE PLAYOFFS. could he help a power play: if there are already shooters in place for the PP yea. he is not your Gamechanging PP guy and hes not an answer to the islanders PP. he does not command this value. hes probably a 3rd round picks worth and thats only because hes young and has plenty of RFA years left. I'm sorry you overestimate spooners value

NEXT.

Your opinion is null-and-void. You have no knowledge on the Bruins. Stick to the Isles.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll