SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

How it could go down

How it could go down

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: NHLfan10506
Published: May 7, 2022 at 7:45 p.m.
Description
I could just post the same consensus rankings, but that would be no fun...
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (2→1)
  2. Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils (5→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I think the top-3 appear set...so this may be easiest pick in draft
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle opts for skill over size
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksTo me, there is jump after these top-6
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-#7 is where the draft really starts
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-In an average year, there are 3 dmen in top-10. Tough call who the #3 blueliner is this year.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I have seen him falling way too far. The skating is elite. Gotta trust the shot will develop.
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-#4 dman
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
13Logo of the New York Islanders-
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Stock is up. Way up.
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsThe Firkus Circus
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-Two somewhat unexpected picks in a row
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LHD to Kings may be trite...but good pick here
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-Kasper before Geekie
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
23Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
24Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
25Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
26Logo of the New York Rangers-
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
28Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Sleeper for end of 1st round
29Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
30Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
31Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado AvalancheAnother sleeper to go higher than expectations
32Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
34Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
EARLIER THAN EXPECTED
Later round guys I expect to go higher/earlier than expected
36Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
37Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
Logan Morrison
38Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
40Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
41Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
42Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
43Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose Sharks
44Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
45Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the New York Islanders
46Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
LATER THAN EXPECTED
Later round guys I expect to go lower/later than expected
47Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
48Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
49Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Nashville Predators
50Logo of the Dallas Stars-
51Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
53Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
54Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
55Logo of the Boston Bruins-
56Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the St. Louis Blues
57Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
DEEP SLEEPERS
Late round steals
58Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
59Logo of the Calgary Flames-
60Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Minnesota Wild
Zach Bookman
61Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
62Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
63Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
64Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Florida Panthers
Tyler Wishart
May 7, 2022 at 8:06 p.m.
to me the draft starts at 2. wright goes 1 no doubt about it. I really like cooley but im not sure he's separated himself enough from Slafkovsky to guarantee a top 3 pick, 6'4 220 is so intriguing and cooley is only 5'10 175, I quite liked cooley at the u18 but he didn't really dominate, he made great plays but wasn't really on another level

and as for Nemec and jiricek I've seen many people like jiricek over Nemec. bigger, tries more offensively and has an incredible shot

to me wright is a lock, and cooley, slafkovksy, nemec and jiricek are fighting for the top 5 with maybe one falling out. savoie could certainly push his way into the top 5 but he's small and has several flaws but is quite skilled

outside of that the only thing I see is mintyukov or mateychuk will be the other d in the top 10(as you mentioned 3 d)

and I can almost guarantee gaucher lands in the first round. 6'3 210, can skate and hit. someone will take him simply to have a bottom 6 power forward with top 6 upside and has sneaky good defence
May 7, 2022 at 9:35 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
I can’t wait to see an NHL GM ( probably Ottawa ) to pick Conor Geekie way too high and for him to become another Logan Brown. I can’t really see Chesley going top 10, I love Chesley but I think he goes 15-20 range. before, I would’ve disagreed a lot on Pickering but he’s grown on me, still would rather take Mateychuk over him though.
May 7, 2022 at 10:16 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Really like Fisher, Hamara, Matikka, I’ve got them in as late 2nd.

Also super high on Bump and Fleming.

Not a fan of Duke.
May 8, 2022 at 4:54 a.m.
Where is Bichsel?????
May 8, 2022 at 10:57 a.m.
Huh? Sharks arent drafting a LD aka their deepest position. Especially not Pickering over the likes of Mintykov and mateychuk lol. t
May 8, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: Howisjulienstillhere
to me the draft starts at 2. wright goes 1 no doubt about it. I really like cooley but im not sure he's separated himself enough from Slafkovsky to guarantee a top 3 pick, 6'4 220 is so intriguing and cooley is only 5'10 175, I quite liked cooley at the u18 but he didn't really dominate, he made great plays but wasn't really on another level

and as for Nemec and jiricek I've seen many people like jiricek over Nemec. bigger, tries more offensively and has an incredible shot

to me wright is a lock, and cooley, slafkovksy, nemec and jiricek are fighting for the top 5 with maybe one falling out. savoie could certainly push his way into the top 5 but he's small and has several flaws but is quite skilled

outside of that the only thing I see is mintyukov or mateychuk will be the other d in the top 10(as you mentioned 3 d)

and I can almost guarantee gaucher lands in the first round. 6'3 210, can skate and hit. someone will take him simply to have a bottom 6 power forward with top 6 upside and has sneaky good defence

Nemec vs Jiricek. What separates the two is skating ability. Nemec a very good skater and Jiricek is not. I have Nemec as clear #1 dman and Jiricek in next tier with Pickering, Chesley, the two you mentioned, maybe a couple of others.

Cooley was named player of the tournament. I don’t know what else people could have seen from him, especially considering he was really trying to showcase his defense. I have always seen a lot of Nate MacKinnon in him. High-motor, but efficient in his movement. Very skilled.
May 8, 2022 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: Konkarsson
Where is Bichsel?????

My guess is he is late 1st / early 2nd bubble.

Would have really liked to see him play with the grown-ups at World Championships.
May 8, 2022 at 1:57 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I can’t wait to see an NHL GM ( probably Ottawa ) to pick Conor Geekie way too high and for him to become another Logan Brown. I can’t really see Chesley going top 10, I love Chesley but I think he goes 15-20 range. before, I would’ve disagreed a lot on Pickering but he’s grown on me, still would rather take Mateychuk over him though.

That Logan Brown, Conor Geekie, Ty Boucher line is going to be $$.

Chesley is a guy that I am confident will go higher than expected. A number of scouts have both both Ryan Kennedy and Bob McKenzie that he is 3rd best dman in draft. (All it takes is one). People look at counting stats too much and dman for NTDP aren’t going to put up huge numbers. For one, only one-third of the schedule is in juniors. They are running up the score in weaker opponents much. Two, their second and third pair are going to be a lot better than a typical junior team, so ice time will be more spread out. They same conversation followed Jake Sanderson and Luke Hughes (and McAvoy, Jones, and numerous others from program).
May 8, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Really like Fisher, Hamara, Matikka, I’ve got them in as late 2nd.

Also super high on Bump and Fleming.

Not a fan of Duke.

Fans of prep school hockey rave about Fisher. I have not seen him play, but hope to. Hamara sold me at u18. Really interested Matikka. Devils fans love Salminen, his linemate at Jokerit and teammate next year at University of Denver. Kind of hoping we get ‘em both. I am holding for a Fleming rebound. Minnesota youth hockey legend. A 1st round talent, but something has come of the rails there.
May 8, 2022 at 4:26 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: NHLfan10506
That Logan Brown, Conor Geekie, Ty Boucher line is going to be $$.

Chesley is a guy that I am confident will go higher than expected. A number of scouts have both both Ryan Kennedy and Bob McKenzie that he is 3rd best dman in draft. (All it takes is one). People look at counting stats too much and dman for NTDP aren’t going to put up huge numbers. For one, only one-third of the schedule is in juniors. They are running up the score in weaker opponents much. Two, their second and third pair are going to be a lot better than a typical junior team, so ice time will be more spread out. They same conversation followed Jake Sanderson and Luke Hughes (and McAvoy, Jones, and numerous others from program).

I do love Chesley, he’s always been around the 15-20 range on my board and should stay there, I just don’t really see a top 10 pick out of him, especially when I have someone like Lekkerimaki who’s at 11 and can definitely be in the argument for top 10

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll