SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Dallas Stars

Dallas Stars 2021-22 discussion thread

Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:38 p.m.
Jinx god
I know it’s a little late considering it’s already half way through the season.

Here’s a place where we can discuss anything to do with the Stars season this year.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:39 p.m.
Jinx god
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:39 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
TheMooterus
Phleb2
SlevinKalevra

@justaBoss
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:42 p.m.
Jinx god
Who would be your guy’s list of priorities to sell at the deadline?

Mine would be:

1. Klingberg
2. Pavelski (Depending on the offer. Out of everyone on this list he’s the one I’d want to re-sign the most)
3. Radulov
4. Holtby
5. Raffl
6. Sekera
7. Dobby (If we can get positive value)
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:42 p.m.
What in tarnation
justaBoss

Nice.

A place to rant in.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:44 p.m.
What in tarnation
Who would be your guy’s list of priorities to sell at the deadline?

Mine would be:

1. Klingberg
2. Pavelski (Depending on the offer. Out of everyone on this list he’s the one I’d want to re-sign the most)
3. Radulov
4. Holtby
5. Raffl
6. Sekera
7. Dobby (if we can get positive value)

No one. Keep them all, f*ck this year and wait for Gaglardi to finally get us a new front office.

If we start to do something wise now, it would lead most likely to our front office keeping their jobs for foreseeable future.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:50 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
No one. Keep them all, f*ck this year and wait for Gaglardi to finally get us a new front office.

If we start to do something wise now, it would lead most likely to our front office keeping their jobs for foreseeable future.

The way I see it if they’re forced to sell at the deadline, they’re essentially surrendering their jobs and admitting defeat.

They specifically said they’re going all in this season and they truly think that they can win the cup, so if they sell at the deadline they’re basically saying that they think they can’t make the playoffs/compete for the cup.
justaBoss liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:52 p.m.
What in tarnation
The way I see it if they’re forced to sell at the deadline, they’re essentially surrendering their jobs and admitting defeat.

They specifically said they’re going all in this season and they truly think that they can win the cup, so if they sell at the deadline they’re basically saying that they think they can’t make the playoffs/compete for the cup.

Yeah.

Think they won't move anyone. Klingberg wants to be traded yes but he also wants to compete. I don't think he minds staying in Dallas for the rest of the year if they add on the deadline.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 8:54 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: justaBoss
Yeah.

Think they won't move anyone. Klingberg wants to be traded yes but he also wants to compete. I don't think he minds staying in Dallas for the rest of the year if they add on the deadline.

If they’re buying at the deadline, who would be your top 3 trade targets?
Feb. 8, 2022 at 9:04 p.m.
What in tarnation
If they’re buying at the deadline, who would be your top 3 trade targets?

Good question.

Rental D-men this deadline are overpriced so I wouldn't be touching those. Some reports say the asking price for the likes of Ben Chiarot and Colin Miller exceeds first round pick, which is WAY too much.

I'd probably go after a forward or two.

I don't know if I had any other targets than Phil Kessel. This team likes veterans, and his playoff record is pretty good. I don't know if there are many other players available in the market for that top-6 role.

As for mid-6ers...maybe Vladislav Namestnikov? I don't know if he'd fit in our top-6, but I'd like to have a 3C able to create more offense than Faksa can. He's a prime 4C.

Bottom-6 depth is something we already have enough, that won't be a necessity.

At the end of the day it comes to the price.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 9:44 p.m.
I would be a big time seller. In order, my first 3 assets on sale would be: Nill, Bowness and Stevens.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 10:45 p.m.
For all of those Habs fans that are trying to trade us Petry, just send them the tape of tonight’s game. He was plain awful like in many games before.

One of the only goal scored by the Devils where Petry was not on the ice was because he was in the penalty box.
EsoYeezus69 and kdawg32086 liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 8:17 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Phleb2
I would be a big time seller. In order, my first 3 assets on sale would be: Nill, Bowness and Stevens.

Mine would be the same except switch Nill and Bones of spots.
Goofie liked this.
Feb. 9, 2022 at 11:13 p.m.
Jinx god
Stars win 4-3 over the Preds.

Couple of things to note: our top line is god tier, our powerplay is lethal when it wants to be (inconsistent, just like this team) and Glendening has quietly been a clutch goal scorer.
Goofie liked this.
Feb. 12, 2022 at 6:12 p.m.
Stars win 4-3 over the Preds.

Couple of things to note: our top line is god tier, our powerplay is lethal when it wants to be (inconsistent, just like this team) and Glendening has quietly been a clutch goal scorer.

Agree, but having only one power line and a strong power play is a weak recipe to make the PO, or to make noise if you make the PO.

When this organization will take it’s head out of the sand, they will realize that. Hopefully it will be before the TDL.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 12, 2022 at 6:17 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
You all will think I'm crazy but I think that the core of this team (top 6 forwards, top 4 D, and Oettinger/Holtby) with better coaching is a contender. Would like to see everyone come back, with a better GM than Nill and a coach whose offensive philosophy is more than just dump and chase.

Excited to see Harley eventually supplant Hanley next to Hakanpaa by the end of next year.

I like the checking line when it is healthy, though Faksa is overpaid.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 12, 2022 at 6:36 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: kdawg32086
You all will think I'm crazy but I think that the core of this team (top 6 forwards, top 4 D, and Oettinger/Holtby) with better coaching is a contender. Would like to see everyone come back, with a better GM than Nill and a coach whose offensive philosophy is more than just dump and chase.

Excited to see Harley eventually supplant Hanley next to Hakanpaa by the end of next year.

I like the checking line when it is healthy, though Faksa is overpaid.

Yeah I’m with you on this one, I think this team is a contender with a different management team. They have all the players for it, it’s just that they aren’t playing like they should because of Bowness.
Feb. 12, 2022 at 7:09 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
Yeah I’m with you on this one, I think this team is a contender with a different management team. They have all the players for it, it’s just that they aren’t playing like they should because of Bowness.

The tough thing is going to be re-signing everyone this summer. I can't make the math work without trading Dobby (or Suter) or both. I've been trying to find ways to move Dobby/Suter and Kiviranta for expiring contracts at the deadline.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 13, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
No Klingberg in today's lineup...
Feb. 17, 2022 at 10:52 a.m.
Jinx god

Hopefully they’ll be buyers at the deadline and not just stay put, because I need some sort if entertainment from this team.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK

Hopefully they’ll be buyers at the deadline and not just stay put, because I need some sort if entertainment from this team.

Jarnkrok would be a nice pickup at the deadline that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Would fit nicely with Peterson and Rads, since Kiviranta has been bad this year.

Would also like to see Holtby get dealt if they can get assets in return, since you can only play one goalie at a time and Oettinger has been great.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: kdawg32086
Jarnkrok would be a nice pickup at the deadline that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Would fit nicely with Peterson and Rads, since Kiviranta has been bad this year.

Would also like to see Holtby get dealt if they can get assets in return, since you can only play one goalie at a time and Oettinger has been great.

I get what you mean, but an asset like Jarnkrok doesn’t push the team to being a contender. Someone like Kessel or other players would be what I’d get. Could also get some player with term like McCann or Brown, but you’d have to pay more, Dellandrea and a top 10 protected 1st would be the most I’d pay for someone like that.

Trading Holtby could potentially be a good idea if we get a 2nd+, lower than that I’d rather keep him incase Oettinger struggles.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
I get what you mean, but an asset like Jarnkrok doesn’t push the team to being a contender. Someone like Kessel or other players would be what I’d get. Could also get some player with term like McCann or Brown, but you’d have to pay more, Dellandrea and a top 10 protected 1st would be the most I’d pay for someone like that.

Trading Holtby could potentially be a good idea if we get a 2nd+, lower than that I’d rather keep him incase Oettinger struggles.

I realistically don't think we're getting a top 6 guy unless we're planning to give up the farm (and I don't think we have anywhere near the cap space necessary to do that either).
Feb. 26, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
With both Dellandrea and Damiani playing well right now...does one of them stay in the AHL next year or do we need to make room for Dellandrea centering the checking line and Damiani centering the 4th line?

Seems like the priorities to trade away if someone would take them would be: Khudobin, Suter, and Faksa now. I don't think either of Benn or Seguin are movable (though I think Seguin is starting to show signs of getting back to the old Seguin, with his injury behind him. Is the saying that it takes about half a season to really get back after a long injury layoff?)
Mar. 6, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
Jamie Benn is BACK
This latest Petry to Dallas rumor makes no sense. It's speculating that we're trading Harley for Petry because "Harley has seen his NHL ice time increase, which can only be assumed as showing the player to increase trade interest." "The only thing to be assumed." Yeah, ok...

I can think of a few that make way more sense:
-Sekera is on LTIR and Hanley isn't very good
-it was hoped that Harley would be ready to play in Dallas by the end of this season (and that looks to be the case)
-they're showcasing Klingberg but want to see if Harley can reliably play the role of an offensive defenseman before they trade Klingberg

But yes, the only reason that makes any sense for why he is getting NHL ice time is because they're going to trade him for an aging defenseman who is clearly declining and has a bad contract. This is supposedly after Mavrik Bourque isn't worth enough to get Petry...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll