SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Colorado Avalanche

The Colorado Avalanche are not shopping the 23-year-old blueliner full stop

Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:13 a.m.
"Full stop" he says. This is a quote per Pierre Lebrun. So the Girard trades are over. It never made sense. Chambers is a worthless "source" of information, just for future reference.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:20 a.m.
Bait Post Detector
Yeah just like how GMMB NEVER EVER shopped subban and Kevin Cheveldayoff wasn't shopping Laine. There's a bunch more, the Athletic has a full article on it.

Stop believing everything you read, even the insiders don't know everything
mastersp4 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:24 a.m.
isn’t the whole point of this website to make random trades tho? who cares if players are actually getting shopped
Saskleaf and daigerdaiger liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Quoting: bagelbob
isn’t the whole point of this website to make random trades tho? who cares if players are actually getting shopped

its in response to the other fan bases who kept on telling avs fans they are bc Mike Chambers is credible and rumour sites like NRD said so.
Making trades is what we are all here to do, but doing bad deals for the Avs then try to quantify it with the avs are shopping him so you cant expect much back etc etc.

As 99% of avs fans have said, if you want Girard you have to offer them something they want or need that makes them want to move Girard, bc hes not being shopped
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:29 a.m.
Quoting: Yari
Yeah just like how GMMB NEVER EVER shopped subban and Kevin Cheveldayoff wasn't shopping Laine. There's a bunch more, the Athletic has a full article on it.

You mean Lebrun from the Athletic saying they arent shopping him. I would go with the one of the biggest insiders in the game confirming what Avs fans have been saying for weeks

SO mike Chambers is the source, not an insider who knows trades or signings, over Lebrun who would...gotcha
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:30 a.m.

Quoting: coga16
its in response to the other fan bases who kept on telling avs fans they are bc Mike Chambers is credible and rumour sites like NRD said so.
Making trades is what we are all here to do, but doing bad deals for the Avs then try to quantify it with the avs are shopping him so you cant expect much back etc etc.

As 99% of avs fans have said, if you want Girard you have to offer them something they want or need that makes them want to move Girard, bc hes not being shopped

Precisely the above. So many of the trades were just awful. If someone wants to chase Girard on here, fine. This should make it clear that Drouin and a third isn't gonna get it done though. Reasonable proposals are always welcome and fun, but an overload of crappy ones takes a lot of fun out of the site (imo).
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:32 a.m.
Daddy

I mean I'll trust an insider over a local beat reporter any day. Plus I never found one article suggesting they actually were shopping Girard, purely speculation articles by local reporters. Are they going to refuse an offer if it makes them better, for example picking up a good and young top 6 forward? no they probably take it, but they are not actively shopping him and I've seen no proof they ever were, so if you have some please show me.
Anus_McLeod and coga16 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:33 a.m.

i just feel like it’s not that serious. people make dumb trades on here every day even for players who are getting shopped. is it annoying? maybe, but it’s not worth getting mad over, just skip over them and move on.
AustonMatthews3443 and Yari liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:35 a.m.
Quoting: AustonMatthews3443
I mean I'll trust an insider over a local beat reporter any day. Plus I never found one article suggesting they actually were shopping Girard, purely speculation articles by local reporters. Are they going to refuse an offer if it makes them better, for example picking up a good and young top 6 forward? no they probably take it, but they are not actively shopping him and I've seen no proof they ever were, so if you have some please show me.

there is no proof thats the thing, only chambers I believe or He thinks Denver post article. Its funny he says go read the Athletic there is more in a full article, then says no believe everything you read. So hes choosing to believe only part of things he believes, in an effort tot troll?
AustonMatthews3443 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:37 a.m.
i just feel like it’s not that serious. people make dumb trades on here every day even for players who are getting shopped. is it annoying? maybe, but it’s not worth getting mad over, just skip over them and move on.

Some people take it very seriously, I can be guilty of that at times if I am annoyed having conversations with someone and they want to play a game of Gotcha, youre wrong im right bc I have an article link of an opinion piece to show you

Its all for fun but people can be defensive of their trade posts, if they are having fun or joking or not, it can be a powder keg afterwards if you response if you dont agree with their trades

I skip over the majority of them bc its not worth the time and energy to say comment on a bad trade or trolling trade
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:38 a.m.
Daddy

That's fair, but I feel like a lot of people have been misinformed whether they were actually shopping Girard or not, I have never seen an actual piece of evidence they were, purely just speculation and this might shed some light on the situation. I get what you are saying though.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:46 a.m.
Bait Post Detector
You mean Lebrun from the Athletic saying they arent shopping him. I would go with the one of the biggest insiders in the game confirming what Avs fans have been saying for weeks

SO mike Chambers is the source, not an insider who knows trades or signings, over Lebrun who would...gotcha

I never claimed Chambers to be a source, just stating that because a insider says something it doesnt mean its gospel, I like LeBrun and he is right on most things but coming on here just to say "HEY EVERYONE STOP TRADING GIRARD LEBRUN SAID HES NOT GONNA BE TRADED" is just pointless. You think if I made a AGM saying "Yeah guys Marner isnt getting traded so please stop making Marner trades" you think that would go over well?

there is no proof thats the thing, only chambers I believe or He thinks Denver post article. Its funny he says go read the Athletic there is more in a full article, then says no believe everything you read. So hes choosing to believe only part of things he believes, in an effort tot troll?

You must of really missed my whole point, The athletic article isnt something you can believe or not, its what happened historically, Yeah dont believe everything you read except when theres facts to back it up
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
I never claimed Chambers to be a source, just stating that because a insider says something it doesnt mean its gospel, I like LeBrun and he is right on most things but coming on here just to say "HEY EVERYONE STOP TRADING GIRARD LEBRUN SAID HES NOT GONNA BE TRADED" is just pointless. You think if I made a AGM saying "Yeah guys Marner isnt getting traded so please stop making Marner trades" you think that would go over well?

You must of really missed my whole point, The athletic article isnt something you can believe or not, its what happened historically, Yeah dont believe everything you read except when theres facts to back it up

Everything on here is pointless, except for the fact it has entertainment value. I'm entitled to my slice of it, and sharing a very definitive statement from a trusted source isn't out of bounds.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:53 a.m.
Bait Post Detector

Nah man, everything on this website is dead serious, every McDavid for Ryan Reaves trade should be taken 100% serious no questions asked, Don't dare say anything different
Anus_McLeod liked this.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 9:55 a.m.
Bait Post Detector
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Everything on here is pointless, except for the fact it has entertainment value. I'm entitled to my slice of it, and sharing a very definitive statement from a trusted source isn't out of bounds.

Go off king, I'm not here to be the fun police

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll