SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Bottom six depth

Nov. 4, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
Banned
Something I've been passionately brainstorming are how the Canucks can roll out their bottom six forwards currently and going forward

Right now in the bottom six the team has: Nils Hoglander, Jason Dickinson, Vasily Podkolzin, Matthew Highmore, Tyler Motte, and Juho Lammikko

Depth forwards Include: Alex Chiasson, Justin Dowling, Justin Bailey, and Nic Petan. I don't expect Sutter to be back for quite a while if at all this season, and when all the injured forwards come back, barring there don't come more injuries before then, I suspect that it will be Petan and Chiasson who get waived for the team to be compliant with the roster count

I also wanted to brainstorm some bottom six forward options that the Canucks can explore via trade or free agency next off-season if management wants to alter the makeup of the bottom six next season

Via trade: Mason Appleton, Joonas Donskoi, Nicolas Roy, William Carrier, Joel Armia, Arturri Lehkonen, Jake Evans, Adam Brooks, Erik Haula, Tomas Nosek, Ivan Barbashev, Brock McGinn, Teddy Blueger, Emil Benstrom, Kevin Stenlund, Jujhar Khaira, David Kampf, Pierre Engvall, Ryan Donato, Morgan Geekie, Nathan Bastian, Luke Glendening, Tyson Jost, Lawson Crouse, Christian Fischer

Obviously with some of these guys it will just be to acquire their RFA signing rights. You might be scratching your head as to why I have several Habs players listed who are presumably untouchables, but looking at their cap situation, they may still have to move out some money to stay under the cap even with Weber's LTIR, because guys like Price, Byron, and Edmundson are all expected to come back at some point. Not to mention having make room for Suzuki's extension

Via free agency: Calle Jarnkrok, Nick Cousins, Ryan Dzingel, Curtis Lazar, Tyler Ennis, Drake Caggiula, Mason Marchment, Ryan Lomberg, Mattias Janmark, Cody Eakin, Vinnie Hinnestroza

Some of these guys of course will be hard to get at a reasonable price, but I think every player here is worth being on management's radar. These are all guys I can see management having a look at, let me know what you guys think

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll