SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Calgary Flames

Calgary what the hell happened to Monahan

Oct. 27, 2021 at 8:21 a.m.
Since people have been putting Monahan in as part of a trade I decide to watch his play during the six games this year and ............wow I don't know if he is tradeable, he looks slower than Lucic older than Backlund.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2021 at 8:29 a.m.
Monahan has never been fast, him and Tkachuk have been the 2 slowest skaters on the team for years. Luci was always a very average skater with a lot of hustle.

With that said, Monahan has for the most part looked like he is still recovering from his surgery. To elaborate, he missed a good chuck of preseason games since he wasn't medically cleared yet, often woth injuries, sicknesses, and surgeries) you still arent at 100% even after being cleared to play again. Refer to Zibanejad last year after he rejoined the team, it took him a fair bit of time before he started really putting up numbers again.

I will say this though, despite Monahan having a really slow start to the season he had a very solid game vs New Jersey last night. I would say give it a few more games and he should be up to speed again, and probably back to centering Mange and Dube.

*Edit, oh I see the mods moved the post to forums (how tedious but also understandable)
Oct. 27, 2021 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Monahan has never been fast, him and Tkachuk have been the 2 slowest skaters on the team for years. Luci was always a very average skater with a lot of hustle.

With that said, Monahan has for the most part looked like he is still recovering from his surgery. To elaborate, he missed a good chuck of preseason games since he wasn't medically cleared yet, often woth injuries, sicknesses, and surgeries) you still arent at 100% even after being cleared to play again. Refer to Zibanejad last year after he rejoined the team, it took him a fair bit of time before he started really putting up numbers again.

I will say this though, despite Monahan having a really slow start to the season he had a very solid game vs New Jersey last night. I would say give it a few more games and he should be up to speed again, and probably back to centering Mange and Dube.

*Edit, oh I see the mods moved the post to forums (how tedious but also understandable)
Ok I'll take another look at him in 7 or 8 games - it's not like Eichel is being moved anytime soon - I just figured Monahan is not going to waive for Buffalo and from what I saw I don't know if any teams would want him.
Nov. 3, 2021 at 6:54 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: Sabresforlife
Ok I'll take another look at him in 7 or 8 games - it's not like Eichel is being moved anytime soon - I just figured Monahan is not going to waive for Buffalo and from what I saw I don't know if any teams would want him.

You sure about that now?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll