Forums/Armchair-GM

Is there a dman availablr

Created by: BCAPP
Team: 2017-18 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 10, 2017
Published: Mar. 10, 2017
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So the leafs want to upgrade their d. Assume it is someone who is top pairing or top pairing potential. Under 27. Hard to find. I'm really stretching to see who they could get. Trouba? Maybe Dumba but he isn't that good. Vatanene but again not THAT good. Definitely top 4 but not necessarily top 2. Hamilton? Hamonic but again is he top 4 or top 2? Is Ghostisbehere available after a sophomore slump?

Maybe a less proven or high end prospect? Theodore? But does he really have top pair potential because we have dough 4-6 guys. Chabot? But he wouldn't be available.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,750,000
6$3,000,000
6$4,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,750,000
1$1,250,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Hamilton, Dougie
  2. 2018 4th round pick (FLA)
CGY
  1. Carrick, Connor
  2. Komarov, Leo
  3. Soshnikov, Nikita
  4. 2018 3rd round pick (SJS)
  5. 2019 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
    Expansion
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the ARI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$75,000,000$66,040,000$5,370,000$4,807,500$8,960,000
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    C
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $612,500$612,500
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,200,000$4,200,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,050,000$4,050,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 11:13 a.m.
    There are tons of those guys available and all it will cost you is Auston Matthews straight up. Boston will offer you McAvoy for him right now. Basically what I'm saying is if you want that type of player you will need to give up some of your core to get them. I don't see why Calgary would take the deal you gave them at all. Thats like no value whatsoever for a guy they paid a top 15 first rounder and two seconds for. Give them atleast a first and two seconds at the very least. In reality you need to pay more than that to get him. So the price is like your 2017 first, Kasperi Kapanen, your 2017 second and your 2018 second. Why would they deal him for less unless they absolutely just don't want him?
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 11:32 a.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    At first glance what has all this dealing really accomplished? An exchange of 4 RHD....Hamilton and Fransson for Carrick and Marchenko. Yes the win the exchange the exchange. And let's forget picks in a draft, player value are important.
    The Isles are one team that do have excess Dmen that can't all be protected...maybe a deal is possible there. As are Ducks and Wild.
    As a Leaf fan, I would like to improve the RHD, but if deal isn' there so what. Zaitsev, Carrick and Marchenko are still Leafs next year. As are Gardiner and Reilly. It would be easy to improve at LHD via trade or UFA, even just short term. Teams that are rebuilding and may want to build or have cap space issues might be other teams that have solid Dmen available for prospects.
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 11:34 a.m.
    Quoting: palhal
    At first glance what has all this dealing really accomplished? An exchange of 4 RHD....Hamilton and Fransson for Carrick and Marchenko. Yes the win the exchange the exchange. And let's forget picks in a draft, player value are important.
    The Isles are one team that do have excess Dmen that can't all be protected...maybe a deal is possible there. As are Ducks and Wild.
    As a Leaf fan, I would like to improve the RHD, but if deal isn' there so what. Zaitsev, Carrick and Marchenko are still Leafs next year. As are Gardiner and Reilly. It would be easy to improve at LHD via trade or UFA, even just short term. Teams that are rebuilding and may want to build or have cap space issues might be other teams that have solid Dmen available for prospects.

Your a leafs fan? I thought you were cool.... jk
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 11:42 a.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Nobody Cares: I'm cool in my own mind. Sure would like to know who these "ton of guys" (Dmen) that would be fair value for Matthews. I really can't think of any of the top of my head that are contracts that would be four or five years long that would be close to the value of Matthews.
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 11:47 a.m.
    Nobody Cares: I'm cool in my own mind. Sure would like to know who these "ton of guys" (Dmen) that would be fair value for Matthews. I really can't think of any of the top of my head that are contracts that would be four or five years long that would be close to the value of Matthews.

I didn't say fair value for him. I just said you'd have to give up core. Maybe Ekblad is fair value though. Chew on that. Trouba is good too. Dumba is having a big year. Theres just lots of top pair RHD coming along and Matthews is better, but if you want their guy you pay their price.
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 11:51 a.m.
    Quoting: NobodyCares

I didn't say fair value for him. I just said you'd have to give up core. Maybe Ekblad is fair value though. Chew on that. Trouba is good too. Dumba is having a big year. Theres just lots of top pair RHD coming along and Matthews is better, but if you want their guy you pay their price.

I wouldn't trade Matthews for anyone if I was Toronto, but why would anyone else take your garbage for their greatness? Soshnikov Carrick Komarov and futures that aren't even firsts have like very very little value. My post was aimed to be as out of bounds as this mock is. I lowball'd you as much as you lowball'd Calgary.
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 11:59 a.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Nobody Cares "There are tons of those guys available and all it will cost you is Auston Matthews straight up". I'm just going be your original quote. You seem to have back tracked quickly.

Oh, by the way, I never lowballed Calgary. I never made the post.
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 12:03 p.m.
    Nobody Cares "There are tons of those guys available and all it will cost you is Auston Matthews straight up". I'm just going be your original quote. You seem to have back tracked quickly.

Yes that's my quote and I stand by it. IT WILL COST YOU MATTHEWS STRAIGHT UP because they aren't for trade unless for overpay. I never once said I would trade Matthews or that it's fair value, which your basically saying I did. I'm saying it costs your Matthews because they aren't taking the garbage your going to offer. Do you understand now bro? jesus
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 12:04 p.m.

Yes that's my quote and I stand by it. IT WILL COST YOU MATTHEWS STRAIGHT UP because they aren't for trade unless for overpay. I never once said I would trade Matthews or that it's fair value, which your basically saying I did. I'm saying it costs your Matthews because they aren't taking the garbage your going to offer. Do you understand now bro? jesus

I know you didn't offer it by your other teams fan did, i respond to you both the same because your of the same teams fan base. You didn't make this post but You (Toronto fans) are responsible for it. get it?
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 12:12 p.m.
    Lets Go Blues

I know you didn't offer it by your other teams fan did, i respond to you both the same because your of the same teams fan base. You didn't make this post but You (Toronto fans) are responsible for it. get it?

This logic doesn't work on this site. You can't lump all fans of a team together. PalHal isn't some TOR fanboy that overrates the Leafs. He is probably the one who calls out the home-team bias and inequities the most.
    Mar. 10, 2017 at 12:23 p.m.
    Quoting: AK_tune

This logic doesn't work on this site. You can't lump all fans of a team together. PalHal isn't some TOR fanboy that overrates the Leafs. He is probably the one who calls out the home-team bias and inequities the most.

That's why I joked about him being a toronto fan and saying i thought he was cool. I've read enough posts of his to assume he is not the normal leaf fan.
    Mar. 12, 2017 at 12:42 a.m.
    Edited Mar. 12, 2017 at 12:49 a.m.
    I think the Leafs' best bet is to target a player who could POTENTIALLY reach top-pairing status.

When thinking about RHD, names like Josh Manson and Brett Pesce are often brought up but those two players will likely not be made available to acquire. If anything, Anaheim will trade Vatanen before risk losing Manson, and Carolina don't really have strong RHD depth after Faulk and Pesce.

A name I've brought up but many others haven't that I think has true potential is Colin Miller from the Boston Bruins.

He's a 24-year-old RHD and has been playing on the Bruins' bottom-pairing, which is hilarious, considering how much better he is than either McQuaid or Carlo. The Bruins clearly don't know what they have with him, and with McAvoy possibly joining the team next year, he could potentially be had at minimal cost compared to much more high-profile d-men around the league.

He's real solid defensively, can skate, and make effective breakout passes. I think he would be an ideal partner for Rielly.

And he was the captain of the Soo Greyhounds when he played in the OHL so Kyle Dubas probably knows who he is and might already be on his and the Leafs' radar.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll