SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Calgary Flames

When does Wolf break into the leauge?

When?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 10, 2021 at 11:43 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
With Wolf winning the WHL goaltender of the year for the WHL, I was wondering when he could become our backup? I personally think 22-23 could be but I hope 1 more year after that. Just look at what happened to Hart, he was kinda rushed in and had a horrible season this year. We don't want that happening to Wolf
Jun. 22, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Hart was awful this year because he trains with Dustin Schwartz in the offseason. For the record, that's Edmonton's goaltending coach. His track record is abysmal: I believe Smith is the only goaltender Edmonton has played since Dusty was hired that doesn't regularly work with him. All of Scrivens, Fasth, Brossoit, Nilsson, Talbot, and Koskinen have *suffered* under this man's tutelage. It's absolutely shocking how all of Scrivens, Fasth, and Talbot all excelled or showed some degree of competency in other NHL systems and simply forgot how to goalie once they became Oilers. Defense has something to do with it, but it's not the entire picture.

To the topic at hand, Hart was slated to play the entirety of that 2018-19 season in the AHL: the FLyers didn't want to rush him but he was the only goaltender that they could keep healthy that year. 8 different goaltenders played for them that season. It was raw circumstance more than anything. I suspect the Flames are going to want to keep Wolf in Stockton for at least next season, possibly a season and a half. Barring injury, there's no rush to get him into the league with Markstrom being the Flames' guy for the next half decade.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit