Forums/Armchair-GM

Crazy but reasonable

Created by: Cjeths
Team: 2015-16 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 20, 2015
Published: Jul. 20, 2015
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
First resign Stepan to his must needed extension, than trade Boyle and Glass for whatever you can possibly get, than send an offer to MTL RFA Alex Galchenyuk
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$6,500,000
2$5,400,000
Trades
NYR
    2016 6th round pick
    NYR
      2016 3rd round pick
      NYR
      1. Shattenkirk, Kevin
      Additional Details:
      2016 1st round pick
      STL
      1. Nash, Rick
      Additional Details:
      2017 5th round pick
      NYR
        2016 1st round pick
        ARI
          2016 2nd round pick
          2017 2nd round pick
          2018 4th round pick
          Buyouts
          ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
          23$71,400,000$63,767,000$125,000$2,850,000$7,633,000
          Left WingCentreRight Wing
          $2,475,000$2,475,000
          LW
          UFA - 1
          $6,500,000$6,500,000
          C, RW
          UFA - 6
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          RW, LW
          UFA - 1
          $900,000$900,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
          C
          UFA - 1
          $3,000,000$3,000,000
          C, LW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 4
          $3,150,000$3,150,000
          RW, LW
          NTC
          UFA - 4
          $874,000$874,000
          C, LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $5,400,000$5,400,000
          LW, C, RW
          UFA - 2
          $850,500$850,500
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $1,100,000$1,100,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          C, LW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          $950,000$950,000
          RW
          UFA - 2
          $650,000$650,000
          LW, C
          UFA - 2
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          $5,500,000$5,500,000
          RD
          NMC
          UFA - 5
          $4,700,000$4,700,000
          LD
          UFA - 4
          $8,500,000$8,500,000
          G
          NMC
          UFA - 6
          $2,625,000$2,625,000
          LD
          UFA - 1
          $5,700,000$5,700,000
          LD
          NMC
          UFA - 6
          $750,000$750,000
          G
          UFA - 1
          $2,592,500$2,592,500
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $2,900,000$2,900,000
          RD
          UFA - 3
          $925,000$925,000
          LD
          UFA - 3
          $600,000$600,000
          RD
          UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Jul. 20, 2015 at 11:44 p.m.
          Shattenkirk AND a 1st for Nash, then throw him on the 3rd pairing? lol, and I thought I was straight goofing around with my BS. Rangers also don't have the RFA compensation assets to even offer for Galchenyuk. They can't offer more than $3.6M and stay within RFA rules. Montreal matches all day at either price as well.
          Jul. 21, 2015 at 12:45 a.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          Why would the defence rich Predators want an overpriced Boyle? See it's difficult getting to the cap when most teams are near there spending limit. Why overpay Stefan? Who else is going t0 pay him 6.5m a year?
          Jul. 21, 2015 at 11:31 a.m.
          James Dolan Smells
          Edited Jul. 21, 2015 at 11:43 a.m.
          Quoting: NPDB
          Shattenkirk AND a 1st for Nash, then throw him on the 3rd pairing? lol, and I thought I was straight goofing around with my BS. Rangers also don't have the RFA compensation assets to even offer for Galchenyuk. They can't offer more than $3.6M and stay within RFA rules. Montreal matches all day at either price as well.
          shattenkirk wouldn't just be a third pairing dman, like Yandle last year he'd be on the third but but would log very important minutes especially on the power play where we'd need him most. Rick Nash doesn't perform one bit in the playoffs, he could score 100 goals in the regular season but it wouldn't matter because his three goals in the playoffs were a joke considering the fact that's when we need him most. And you can see a required our first round pick for next year making us eligible to sign galchenyuk based off of the NHL RFA compensation rules where a 5.4 million cap hit would only cost a first and a third. And there is no guarantee that MTL matches the offer based off the fact that they have many key resigning moves they must make next year with the expiration of Dustiin Tokarski, Tomas Plekanic, Tom Gilbert, Zach Kassian, Devante Smith-Polly and more. And Galchenyuk played out of favor for MTL coach who looked very discontented with him throughout the year. And it is said MTL is having a hard time signing him even though there GM said they shouldn't have any problem. Also would MTL really want to make their second line center their highest paid forward on the team? Again I said this was crazy in the title and it was made really out of fun with an optimistism along with some hope, I appreciate your comment and hope you reply back.
          Jul. 21, 2015 at 11:39 a.m.
          James Dolan Smells
          Quoting: palhal
          Why would the defence rich Predators want an overpriced Boyle? See it's difficult getting to the cap when most teams are near there spending limit. Why overpay Stefan? Who else is going t0 pay him 6.5m a year?
          Quoting: palhal
          the Nashville predators only have 5 defenseman signed that have at least 35+ game experience in the NHL so they would look into a good veteran like Dan Boyle who could bring leadership to their young locker room, considering the fact that their oldest dman is 29 and only has a handful of playoff game experience. Nashville made it clear last year they are a threat and they want to win, adding a Stanley cup champion to the team like Dan Boyle could really help them out, while still having a good cap. Also Boyle only has one year left on his contract so it's low risk high reward for them. Nashville has 3 lefty dmen and 2 righties one being their top pair the other being a second/third pair so they could use Boyles right handed ness on the blue line. And for Stepan, his asking price is between 6.5 and 7 million so we are a little forced to sign him at that price or trade him, which I know nobody wants after his playoffs heroics against the Capitals and impressive regular season where he was on pace for a 60 70 point season before he was slowed down with injury. Thank you for your comment and remember this is just for fun nothing here is guaranteed smile
          Jul. 21, 2015 at 1:41 p.m.
          The Canadiens would match 5.4m in a heartbeat, the only raise they have to give out is to Plekanec, and that's probably in the 1m-1.5m range. Side note, ARZ isn't going to hand the Rangers their 1st back for that package, so it's kind of a moot point.
          Blues would be 1.7m over the cap if they made that trade, why would they make it?
          NSH has 3 RHD (Weber, Ellis and Jones), I don't see them taking on Boyle given all the veteran defensemen available for cheap on the UFA market. (Gonchar has a cup, Zidlicky went to the finals in 2012)

Stepan contract looks about right, but if they end up signing him for that many UFA years, I think the price is going to be in the 7.5m range.
          Jul. 21, 2015 at 2:50 p.m.
          James Dolan Smells
          Quoting: gonzotender
          The Canadiens would match 5.4m in a heartbeat, the only raise they have to give out is to Plekanec, and that's probably in the 1m-1.5m range. Side note, ARZ isn't going to hand the Rangers their 1st back for that package, so it's kind of a moot point.
          Blues would be 1.7m over the cap if they made that trade, why would they make it?
          NSH has 3 RHD (Weber, Ellis and Jones), I don't see them taking on Boyle given all the veteran defensemen available for cheap on the UFA market. (Gonchar has a cup, Zidlicky went to the finals in 2012)
          Stepan contract looks about right, but if they end up signing him for that many UFA years, I think the price is going to be in the 7.5m range.
          although zidlciky and gonchar are available I feel Boyle is much better than both of them because Boyle can play a fair two way game along with his offensive prowess always being a threat.and I'm not sure if MTL would match the offer, like I said they would pay their second line center more than any forward on their team, and their coach and gm do not like him as much as you may think after last season, we constantly saw their coach rolling his eyes at him or yelling at him for little mistakes. And Arizona might make that trade because it is one pick for 3 picks which I feel is an overextension on the rangers part especially since next years draft is said to be a deep one with good players throughout the draft. And I totally forgot that Ellis was a righty, but Nashville could still be interested in a good dman like Boyle, he is much better and much more reliable than zidlicky and gonchar. With the Rick Nash trade salary cap could effect it but there was talk of Nash being traded to them for Oshie who's cap hit was about even to shattenkirks so clearly the salary cap wasn't that big of an issue to them and they might make some internal moves before the Nash trade to make it work. The blues have expressed more interest than anyone in Rick Nash, their head coach ken Hitchcock loves nash and said he'd love to have him, so I can see them making a strong push even if it costed them shattenkirk (who also has had trade rumors surrounding him for a couple of years now).
          Jul. 26, 2015 at 8:51 p.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          At this stage, Nash and 1st might not even get you Shattenkirk. And you want the Blues to give their 1st rounder?
          Jul. 26, 2015 at 9:15 p.m.
          easy einstein

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll