Dumbs Trade - What does Guerin want in return

Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:08 p.m.
CapFriendly Bot: Thread moved to appropriate forum
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:16 p.m.
Probably a potential top 6 center
yikes, TanSor and RazWild liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:16 p.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Look at the C position then you'll find your answer.
csick, TanSor, RazWild and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:28 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: yikes
Look at the C position then you'll find your answer.

Don’t think anyone gives even a 2C for Dumba. A centre prospect makes more sense
TanSor, yikes and Aero_Astro_Guy liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:29 p.m.
Top 6 center or bust. Preferably younger but age 27 is probably the max age we'd be after
csick and OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
Quoting: csick
Don’t think anyone gives even a 2C for Dumba. A centre prospect makes more sense

I agree as much as it hurts to say. He's good, top 4 worthy, but he hasn't consistently been the top pairing player he was prior to injury.
OutCold13 and Aero_Astro_Guy liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:32 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: TanSor
I agree as much as it hurts to say. He's good, top 4 worthy, but he hasn't consistently been the top pairing player he was prior to injury.

Top 6 centres are so rare in the league that no one will give them up.
TanSor, tsyls, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:42 p.m.
Any chance MTL would have any interest in dumba? I’m guessing not considering who they already have on D. Just figured maybe Danault for Dumba? @SevenLeg

There has to be a team who has a borderline 2C, or a C prospect with potential. What about Buffalo for mittlestadt +? There has to be a team like this. LA is loaded on C prospects, any chance one of them could be moved?
csick liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK

Quoting: TanSor

Top 6 centres are so rare in the league that no one will give them up.

My opinion is Dumba isnt worth a top 6 but I could see a team offering one if theyre "dumb". However a middle 6 + more for the wild. Just a random example (not a real trade) but Ottawa could offer Tierney + Center prospect + maybe a 3rd for Dumba. I love Tierney so I see him being a 2nd C there who CAN play top C if needed but is better suited as a middle 6. Unless the Wild offer a pick (like their first) with Dumba then yes I agree with @csick.

HOWEVER; hot take if the Sharks are selling at TDL I easily see Couture to the wild 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀(dont flame just a gamble of somewhere to sell to and we only would want picks/ prospects (: ).
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:53 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: tsyls
Any chance MTL would have any interest in dumba? I’m guessing not considering who they already have on D. Just figured maybe Danault for Dumba? @SevenLeg

There has to be a team who has a borderline 2C, or a C prospect with potential. What about Buffalo for mittlestadt +? There has to be a team like this. LA is loaded on C prospects, any chance one of them could be moved?

Jeff Petry's contract extension pretty much prevented any trade for a RHD
tsyls and MNBassman liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:55 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
My opinion is Dumba isnt worth a top 6 but I could see a team offering one if theyre "dumb". However a middle 6 + more for the wild. Just a random example (not a real trade) but Ottawa could offer Tierney + Center prospect + maybe a 3rd for Dumba. I love Tierney so I see him being a 2nd C there who CAN play top C if needed but is better suited as a middle 6. Unless the Wild offer a pick (like their first) with Dumba then yes I agree with @csick.

HOWEVER; hot take if the Sharks are selling at TDL I easily see Couture to the wild 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀(dont flame just a gamble of somewhere to sell to and we only would want picks/ prospects (: ).

I see us wanting Hertl more, Couture is on the wrong side of his Prime and Hertle is exactly what we want. I do think we'd pay up for him too.
csick and TanSor liked this.
Jan. 30, 2021 at 7:57 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: RazWild
I see us wanting Hertl more, Couture is on the wrong side of his Prime and Hertle is exactly what we want. I do think we'd pay up for him too.

If the Sharks rebuild, I could see something like this:
Hertl to Wild
Boldy, 1st and another piece to SJ
Dumba to a 3rd team.
jnowariak liked this.
Jan. 31, 2021 at 4:10 a.m.
Quoting: RazWild

I don't see the interest in Hertl for MN. He's a fine player, but he's a 27yo rental+1, and MN isn't a contender with him this year. Spending major assets on that isn't a smart move for the spot MN is in. Try to go after Danault as a UFA first. He'll just be money and no other assets to fill the same roster spot.

What MN wants for Dumba and what they could get are different things. I don't see MN trading him because of this. He's been the best RD on the team so far this year. Also he could be out injured for awhile after limping off the ice tonight.
TanSor liked this.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.
If the Sharks rebuild, I could see something like this:
Hertl to Wild
Boldy, 1st and another piece to SJ
Dumba to a 3rd team.

I think that’s a reasonable package but it’s too much IMO. Not having Boldy’s ELC is really going to hurt from a cap perspective with KK/Fiala/Ek needing raises and a Zucc buyout actually has a pinch in the final year too. The Wild are in it bad until the Zucc contract is off the books.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
Lots can happen but I think it’ll be after the ED he gets moved, but this latest injury really makes me question what he can bring back. I think the Sens and the Flyers make the most sense.

PHI - Frost and a 1st, plus any cap to equalize
OTT - Brown, Brannstrom, and a 1st

Philly has shown the need for a stable RHD and the ties to Fletcher make this make sense. As for OTT, Brown is a throw in until they actually put him in the lineup and Dumba pushes Brannstrom out of the top 4, a 1st also needs to come back given the term left.

In the end, I think it’s worth holding Dumba until his last year if need be and moving Menell in the meantime to open the lane for Addison.
Feb. 1, 2021 at 10:11 p.m.
I don't understand the hype around Brannstrom other than his draft position. If he was a 3rd/4th round pick nobody would be giving him much attention.

MN has Addison, Belpedio, and Mennell (letting him walk without giving him a chance is a dumb move by the GM).
Feb. 3, 2021 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: wabit
I don't understand the hype around Brannstrom other than his draft position. If he was a 3rd/4th round pick nobody would be giving him much attention.

MN has Addison, Belpedio, and Mennell (letting him walk without giving him a chance is a dumb move by the GM).

The fact Belpedio is in Iowa and not the taxi squad right now tells you he doesn’t have a future here. Addison will eventually replace what Dumba brings (for the most part) and I agree with the idea that Menell should be given a shot but I think he’ll get packaged as part of an expansion protection deal.

That leaves an immediate whole at RHD if you move Dumba, assuming Addison needs a year or two to adjust. Enter Brannstrom. The kid is as NHL ready as he will ever be and he plays the smooth offensive game that drives play from the back end. He’s similar to Menell in that regard but he’s 3 years younger, so if a deal brings him back with Brown and a 1st, that’s a damn good haul that helps now and in The future.
Feb. 3, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
Quoting: jnowariak
The fact Belpedio is in Iowa and not the taxi squad right now tells you he doesn’t have a future here. Addison will eventually replace what Dumba brings (for the most part) and I agree with the idea that Menell should be given a shot but I think he’ll get packaged as part of an expansion protection deal.

That leaves an immediate whole at RHD if you move Dumba, assuming Addison needs a year or two to adjust. Enter Brannstrom. The kid is as NHL ready as he will ever be and he plays the smooth offensive game that drives play from the back end. He’s similar to Menell in that regard but he’s 3 years younger, so if a deal brings him back with Brown and a 1st, that’s a damn good haul that helps now and in The future.

Being in the AHL or taxi squad has no meaning. They younger guys went to the AHL to play games, not just be practicing like the taxi squad guys.

I'm having some serious misgiving about the GM and the coaching staff being NHL quality themselves at this point.
Feb. 3, 2021 at 12:32 p.m.
Being in the AHL or taxi squad has no meaning. They younger guys went to the AHL to play games, not just be practicing like the taxi squad guys.

I'm having some serious misgiving about the GM and the coaching staff being NHL quality themselves at this point.

I think that’s a bit extreme. This team is not designed to have a good season, but the defense is good enough that it will get them to the playoffs this year. If the team looks like this a quarter of the way through the season next year, I’ll join that sentiment.

Our top 6 is Fiala and KK, maybe Zuccarello when he gets healthy. It’s not a team that is going to compete with Colorado, Vegas, and St Louis. This happens to every NHL team and if it’s just for a year, then fantastic. But to say Belpedio went to Iowa to practice and didn’t join the team after Dumba got hurt, that says a lot.
Feb. 3, 2021 at 1:45 p.m.
I think that’s a bit extreme. This team is not designed to have a good season, but the defense is good enough that it will get them to the playoffs this year. If the team looks like this a quarter of the way through the season next year, I’ll join that sentiment.

Our top 6 is Fiala and KK, maybe Zuccarello when he gets healthy. It’s not a team that is going to compete with Colorado, Vegas, and St Louis. This happens to every NHL team and if it’s just for a year, then fantastic. But to say Belpedio went to Iowa to practice and didn’t join the team after Dumba got hurt, that says a lot.

Really? This coaching staff can't make a working PP. They can't put together more than 1 line that works. The 2 guys leading the team in points still can't get on it in favor of having AHL scrubs like Mayhew and Hunt get time instead.

Rask went from pressbox whipping boy last year to the 2nd best center on the team this year. Every guy the GM brought in over the summer is a fail. The team got worse and somehow managed tobecome tight against the cap.. The team just isn't going to contend this year, it's not going to contend for the next several years due to the boat anchor contracts. This is pre-Suter/Parise signing Wild teams bad, and even more hopeless.

Seriously if you were Fiala, JEE, or Kaprizov would you take a long term contract to play with this mess of a team? Or if you were Boldy how good would 2 more years of college look to you?
Feb. 3, 2021 at 6:24 p.m.
Really? This coaching staff can't make a working PP. They can't put together more than 1 line that works. The 2 guys leading the team in points still can't get on it in favor of having AHL scrubs like Mayhew and Hunt get time instead.

Rask went from pressbox whipping boy last year to the 2nd best center on the team this year. Every guy the GM brought in over the summer is a fail. The team got worse and somehow managed tobecome tight against the cap.. The team just isn't going to contend this year, it's not going to contend for the next several years due to the boat anchor contracts. This is pre-Suter/Parise signing Wild teams bad, and even more hopeless.

Seriously if you were Fiala, JEE, or Kaprizov would you take a long term contract to play with this mess of a team? Or if you were Boldy how good would 2 more years of college look to you?

All of things you just said point to this team just not being good enough, and I agree. That’s just the way it is. It’s also not that much different from last year’s team. Yes, Staal/Koivu/Kunin are gone but those guys really don’t move the needle that much and the team just isn’t that different.

Would we be a better team this year if we had Staal over Johansson? Yes. Would the team be better this year if we had Kunin over Bonino? I’m not sure. The difference is, we couldn’t win a playoff series with that team, but we moved those guys under the belief that we might be able to in a few years.

Was the Zuccarello contract bad? Yes. We’re the Parise/Suter deals bad? Absolutely not. This is part of the cost of acquiring them and while their cap hits are large, I would sign them both again.

There is a plan. A plan that KK and Fiala are a major part of, but we won’t see it for a few years. Does that suck? Yes. Will you have to get excited about prospects that are more likely than not going to fail to live up to expectations? 100%. That’s the world we are in and pouting that the team is bad just makes you turn into the Sens. Nobody wants that.
Feb. 3, 2021 at 7:42 p.m.
All of things you just said point to this team just not being good enough, and I agree. That’s just the way it is. It’s also not that much different from last year’s team. Yes, Staal/Koivu/Kunin are gone but those guys really don’t move the needle that much and the team just isn’t that different.

Would we be a better team this year if we had Staal over Johansson? Yes. Would the team be better this year if we had Kunin over Bonino? I’m not sure. The difference is, we couldn’t win a playoff series with that team, but we moved those guys under the belief that we might be able to in a few years.

Was the Zuccarello contract bad? Yes. We’re the Parise/Suter deals bad? Absolutely not. This is part of the cost of acquiring them and while their cap hits are large, I would sign them both again.

There is a plan. A plan that KK and Fiala are a major part of, but we won’t see it for a few years. Does that suck? Yes. Will you have to get excited about prospects that are more likely than not going to fail to live up to expectations? 100%. That’s the world we are in and pouting that the team is bad just makes you turn into the Sens. Nobody wants that.

Bad moves are bad moves. Bad trades, paying players too much, not getting a NHL quality coach are all on the GM. The only good thing he's done is the Zucker trade.

Blindly following some guy's "vision" that has done nothing to earn that trust, and has done almost nothing good for the team is wrong. If this guy was running any other team, Wild fans would be laughing at him for turning it into the next 10 year basement dweller.

The PP being awful is on the coaching staff. No practices is on the coaching staff. The pre-game team meeting probably goes something like this:
- JEE line you have shutdown duties
- Kaprizov and Fiala you two go do stuff, but on different lines. Each of you get replacement quality centers and wings as your linemates.
- Parise, Spurgeon, and Suter you 3 make the most money so you'll get the most ice time and be on PP1.
- Goalies stop the puck from going in the net.
- Everyone else go have fun, play hard, and do your best. We'll draw names out of a hat to see where you fit in the lineup tonight.

Looking at what's become of "his" team BB must be thanking the hockey gods he got out when he did. I want Yeo back just so we can get some of his practice blowups to watch. Or give the HC job to Walz, at least then he'd be out of the booth and we'd only have to listen to him if we wanted too.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll