SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Tyler Johnson

Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:12 a.m.
If Tyler Johnson list the Wild as a team he would waive his NTC, given his history with the franchise, does anyone think Bill Guerin could use one of the draft picks acquired from the Sharks yesterday to pick him up? It’s not going to take a lot and he could fit in well as 1C while the Wild decide what to do with Matt Dumba.
C21, jnowariak and OutCold13 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:14 a.m.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:29 a.m.
I wouldn’t rule it out and the acquisition cost is right but I’d be concerned with another 5 mil over 4 year contract for a guy in his 30s.
OutCold13 and CowSaysMoo liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: CowSaysMoo
If Tyler Johnson list the Wild as a team he would waive his NTC, given his history with the franchise, does anyone think Bill Guerin could use one of the draft picks acquired from the Sharks yesterday to pick him up? It’s not going to take a lot and he could fit in well as 1C while the Wild decide what to do with Matt Dumba.

I think it makes a ton of sense of we can get him cheap. He fills 2 needs (RHF & C), it's support for the young guys and even if we don't move Dumba and go with an 8-man protection list, I don't think it'd be hard to have them take him. Yeah it'd suck to trade for him only to play one year but if we're not giving up anything super valuable I think you do it.

Obviously we might not HAVE to trade for him depending on what happens with Dumba, which is why I'd want to wait at least a little bit, but if Guerin doesn't care about moving Dumba, I think this is even more likely
CowSaysMoo liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:32 a.m.
Depends on what else is coming back. If it's just Johnson, I wouldn't take it. He's 30, not the fastest, short, hands aren't as good as they used to be, and he doesn't play a super physical game. I just think this team has enough old boat anchor contracts. Now if they're offering Cirelli along with him then I'd be intrigued...
OutCold13 and CowSaysMoo liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:35 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
I'm in agreement with @jnowariak. Don't love his age and contract length but if Guerin does get him, better not cost much. I would prefer the Wild save the cap space and get the knights to give the Wild a nice draft pick for taking M-A Fleury off their hands.
jnowariak and CowSaysMoo liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:43 a.m.
I think Dumba is as good as gone. The Soucy signing was the real nail in the coffin, he built the chemistry with Brodin last year and he would get a shot at 2nd pair anywhere else. I think our priority needs to be signing young guys on prove it deals.
CowSaysMoo liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:53 a.m.
Quoting: jnowariak
I wouldn’t rule it out and the acquisition cost is right but I’d be concerned with another 5 mil over 4 year contract for a guy in his 30s.

Quoting: C21
I think it makes a ton of sense of we can get him cheap. He fills 2 needs (RHF & C), it's support for the young guys and even if we don't move Dumba and go with an 8-man protection list, I don't think it'd be hard to have them take him. Yeah it'd suck to trade for him only to play one year but if we're not giving up anything super valuable I think you do it.

Obviously we might not HAVE to trade for him depending on what happens with Dumba, which is why I'd want to wait at least a little bit, but if Guerin doesn't care about moving Dumba, I think this is even more likely

Quoting: TanSor
Depends on what else is coming back. If it's just Johnson, I wouldn't take it. He's 30, not the fastest, short, hands aren't as good as they used to be, and he doesn't play a super physical game. I just think this team has enough old boat anchor contracts. Now if they're offering Cirelli along with him then I'd be intrigued...

Quoting: Paul13
I'm in agreement with @jnowariak. Don't love his age and contract length but if Guerin does get him, better not cost much. I would prefer the Wild save the cap space and get the knights to give the Wild a nice draft pick for taking M-A Fleury off their hands.

His contract is bad, but I would be willing to bank on him rebounding with the Wild. Plus if it doesn’t work out, expose him to Seattle. He has been rumored to Seattle for awhile because he’s from there.
C21 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
Quoting: CowSaysMoo
His contract is bad, but I would be willing to bank on him rebounding with the Wild. Plus if it doesn’t work out, expose him to Seattle. He has been rumored to Seattle for awhile because he’s from there.

But why would Seattle want him? He'd be old and have a huge contract. If I'm Seattle I'm taking one of our young forwards depending on who we expose or even Soucy.

If I'm Guerin I'm just not doing Tampa any favors and taking Johnson for a late pick. If they want to offload him with Cirelli, I'm all ears, but if Cirelli isn't a part of the package I tell BriseBoise good luck.
CowSaysMoo, jnowariak, C21 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 7:25 p.m.
No interest in TJ. I wouldn't pick him up off waivers due to his age, contract, and size.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll