SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Who would you take

Aug. 16, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
Quoting: MNBassman
Total gut feeling, but I would put my money on Suter and Parise being the cause of the culture problem, not Koivu.

It could be all 3 of them? I say Suter (defacto GM/HC Suter) more than Parise. The didn't have heart before the $100m twins arrived, so that's where Koivu comes in. They haven't really ever come together as a team since like year 3. It why they have to bring in the Stewie and Hendricks of the NHL on an almost yearly basis.

It's time to move on from the vets in the leadership positions. Let the kids take over: Foligno with the "C", Brodin/Dumba with an "A", and JEE/Kunin with the other "A".
MNBassman, mnwild1790 and OutCold13 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 10:38 a.m.
Quoting: wabit
It could be all 3 of them? I say Suter (defacto GM/HC Suter) more than Parise. The didn't have heart before the $100m twins arrived, so that's where Koivu comes in. They haven't really ever come together as a team since like year 3. It why they have to bring in the Stewie and Hendricks of the NHL on an almost yearly basis.

It's time to move on from the vets in the leadership positions. Let the kids take over: Foligno with the "C", Brodin/Dumba with an "A", and JEE/Kunin with the other "A".

100% agree. They're the ones who show heart every night. That's why I love Foligno so much. He's not the most talented but he brings the energy every damn night.
OutCold13 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 10:41 a.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: mnwild1790
100% agree. They're the ones who show heart every night. That's why I love Foligno so much. He's not the most talented but he brings the energy every damn night.

I actually think Foligno is more talented than even the coaches realize. Utilized properly and with a proper line combo, i think he’s good enough to play up and down the lineup.
mnwild1790 and OutCold13 liked this.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: MNBassman
I actually think Foligno is more talented than even the coaches realize. Utilized properly and with a proper line combo, i think he’s good enough to play up and down the lineup.

He's kind of like a utility guy. He'll adapt to whatever you need him to be. Need him to help out a scoring line? He can crash the net, screen the goalie, and is good with the puck in tight areas. Need him to help out an energy line? He'll throw his weight around, forecheck the crap out of you, backcheck the crap of you, heck he'll just check the crap out of you. Need him to help out a defensive line? He may throw his weight around but he's smart. He'll never give up defensive positioning just to lay out a guy. He's no dangler. He's no sniper. But he's exactly what we need him to be. Our swiss army knife guy.
RazWild, OutCold13 and MNBassman liked this.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
14m in dead cap

True story: there have been at least 3 games I sadly paid to attend where the only thing that made me enjoy the game were depth players like Carter and Schroeder playing like every shift was their last. If the stars played with that same heart...
mnwild1790 and MNBassman liked this.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:07 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: wabit

I forget who they were playing, but I distinctly remember a game a few years ago where they were in 3v3 OT and Suter casually glided off the ice for a line change and Spurgeon was forced to skate like his life depended on it to try to break up what ended up being the GWG on a rush for the other team. Suter's lack of hustle personified the issues with the team that year and nothing has changed since then. He's very talented and knows the game, but he's also very comfortable with playing an 82 game season and getting bounced before May so he can get back to his farm.
MNBassman liked this.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:12 a.m.
Quoting: JayTea
True story: there have been at least 3 games I sadly paid to attend where the only thing that made me enjoy the game were depth players like Carter and Schroeder playing like every shift was their last. If the stars played with that same heart...

Couldn't agree more. Thank you bringing up Schroeder. Loved watching him play. It's those type of guys that make me love this game. When you see how much each shift means to them, you start to feel what they feel. And that's what makes the game special. That's what has been so frustrating about most of these stars. I want to see them fight for their ice time every night. I want to see that heart worn on their sleeve. But it's just missing right now. It seems like they are just showing up to do business as usual.
JayTea liked this.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Couldn't agree more. Thank you bringing up Schroeder. Loved watching him play. It's those type of guys that make me love this game. When you see how much each shift means to them, you start to feel what they feel. And that's what makes the game special. That's what has been so frustrating about most of these stars. I want to see them fight for their ice time every night. I want to see that heart worn on their sleeve. But it's just missing right now. It seems like they are just showing up to do business as usual.

Carter and Schroeder were 2 of my favorites. They really loved to play and it showed every shift.
Aug. 17, 2020 at 11:14 a.m.
Quoting: JayTea
I forget who they were playing, but I distinctly remember a game a few years ago where they were in 3v3 OT and Suter casually glided off the ice for a line change and Spurgeon was forced to skate like his life depended on it to try to break up what ended up being the GWG on a rush for the other team. Suter's lack of hustle personified the issues with the team that year and nothing has changed since then. He's very talented and knows the game, but he's also very comfortable with playing an 82 game season and getting bounced before May so he can get back to his farm.

God I can't remember for the life of me who they were playing but I remember this. I was sitting at a bar here in Fargo with my buddy watching that game. My buddy was laughing at mad I was because I was cussing up a storm at Suter. One of the worst line changes I've ever seen to date.
JayTea liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll