UFA - 2
      $2,650,000$2,650,000
      LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $2,950,000$2,950,000
      RW, LW, C
      UFA - 2
      $693,333$693,333 (Performance Bonus$165,000$165K)
      LW
      UFA - 2
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333
      C
      UFA - 2
      $575,000$575,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $4,050,000$4,050,000
      LD
      UFA - 3
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 6
      $4,150,000$4,150,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $0$0
      LD
      UFA
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $575,000$575,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      LD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 5:16 p.m.
      beat you to it wink
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 5:16 p.m.
      Haha. You did! My phone wasn't cooperating with my meat hooks
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 5:17 p.m.
      Oh....hi leafs1967again.....Lou called and just said eat it to your 100% statement that it would take a mid first or established roster player for Andersen.
      Blackhawks95 liked this.
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 7:28 p.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      I thought the Ducks might want immediate help, instead of two futures, but we'll see how they fill their other goaltending spot and maybe right wing.
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 7:43 p.m.
      Quoting: palhal
      I thought the Ducks might want immediate help, instead of two futures, but we'll see how they fill their other goaltending spot and maybe right wing.

I think the ducks did quite well by making the move before there's no more buyers on the goalie market. A first and 2nd rounder for a guy you would lose in 1yr and quite possibly wouldn't play in more than 20 games for you this year is a good haul.

On the other hand, the leafs hopefully land a number 1 goalie for the next 5 years in exchange for excess draft picks they've accumulated.
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 8:26 p.m.
      leafs1967again
      Quoting: Juice
      Oh....hi leafs1967again.....Lou called and just said eat it to your 100% statement that it would take a mid first or established roster player for Andersen.

??? 30th and a high 2nd isn't terribly off.....what are you on?
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 8:28 p.m.
      leafs1967again
      Looks like your sosh + 56 OA is much worse than what it actually took. Plus you were $1m per off LOL
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 9:41 p.m.
      Don't like the taste of crow, I take it. Go look at all my posts and you'll see I'm always open to being wrong BECAUSE I'M NOT A GM. You love coming on here and spewing off certainties when you don't know poop. 100%!!!!! hahahaha. Last pick in the first round and a 2nd next year won't bump you up 10-15picks in the first round...so congrats on nailing it. And yes...you buy more years of unrestricted free agency and your price goes up....obviously Lou is more certain about Andersen being the long term answer than I do....good thing I trust him more to run the team.
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 9:51 p.m.
      leafs1967again
      Don't like the taste of crow, I take it. Go look at all my posts and you'll see I'm always open to being wrong BECAUSE I'M NOT A GM. You love coming on here and spewing off certainties when you don't know poop. 100%!!!!! hahahaha. Last pick in the first round and a 2nd next year won't bump you up 10-15picks in the first round...so congrats on nailing it. And yes...you buy more years of unrestricted free agency and your price goes up....obviously Lou is more certain about Andersen being the long term answer than I do....good thing I trust him more to run the team.

Last year a 3rd round pick and a late first/early second moved teams up 5 picks lol. Very possible 30/ high second moves you up closer 10 picks. That being said, the pick could be 60th too so the pick does have less value than a sure fire 31-35.
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 9:58 p.m.
      leafs1967again

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/4/25/4262594/nhl-draft-pick-value-trading-up

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/analyzing-value-nhl-draft-picks/

http://statsportsconsulting.com/main/wp-content/uploads/Schuckers_NHL_Draftchart.pdf

Nothing there suggests my pick values are off.

Of course Lou is a better GM than me. Doesn't mean I am
      wrong. Besides, he didn't have a 20th OA pick to offer up...he did what anyone who needed a goalie would do. Made an offer.
      Jun. 20, 2016 at 10:26 p.m.
      Quoting: leafs1967again

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/4/25/4262594/nhl-draft-pick-value-trading-up

http://statsportsconsulting.com/main/wp-content/uploads/Schuckers_NHL_Draftchart.pdf

wrong. Besides, he didn't have a 20th OA pick to offer up...he did what anyone who needed a goalie would do. Made an offer.

Actually....it 100% means you're wrong....I'm obviously picking on you and the justification for that may or may not be debateable...but you've built up a reputation of just trolling other armchair teams by saying 'NO', "NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" and certainties like "100%" when they're really just your opinions and not fact.
      Jun. 21, 2016 at 9:06 a.m.
      leafs1967again

Actually....it 100% means you're wrong....I'm obviously picking on you and the justification for that may or may not be debateable...but you've built up a reputation of just trolling other armchair teams by saying 'NO', "NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" and certainties like "100%" when they're really just your opinions and not fact.

Thing is the legitimacy of an opinion matters. Why make a team when you want to trade Bozak for Crosby (obviously an exaggeration)? Try making it market value. Maybe even over pay for good players to make it realistic... people actually take trades on this site seriously and believe they can/will actually happen lol
      Jun. 21, 2016 at 11:22 a.m.

Thing is the legitimacy of an opinion matters. Why make a team when you want to trade Bozak for Crosby (obviously an exaggeration)? Try making it market value. Maybe even over pay for good players to make it realistic... people actually take trades on this site seriously and believe they can/will actually happen lol

*slow clap*

If your not adding something of value to the communities collective hockey understanding, than you are part of the dumbing down of it. Everyone has sh*t posts from time to time but this site has troves it that its starting to get nauseating.

Regarding the Andersen trade, i think that's a fair price for a goalie whose value is at its all time high. Leafs1967again wasn't that far off so I'm not sure whats the big deal, Juice? I claimed last year that Rob Scuderi would never be traded from Pittsburgh and long and behold he was. That doesn't change the fact that that GM made a terrible trade that shouldn't of happened in the first place. (Daley for Scuderi) That was a situation where a fan of the game could of made a predicted a better trade then the almighty Stan Bowman. Technically speaking I was wrong but was I really for thinking it?
      Jun. 21, 2016 at 11:38 a.m.
      Banned
      Quoting: F50marco

*slow clap*

If your not adding something of value to the communities collective hockey understanding, than you are part of the dumbing down of it. Everyone has sh*t posts from time to time but this site has troves it that its starting to get nauseating.

Regarding the Andersen trade, i think that's a fair price for a goalie whose value is at its all time high. Leafs1967again wasn't that far off so I'm not sure whats the big deal, Juice? I claimed last year that Rob Scuderi would never be traded from Pittsburgh and long and behold he was. That doesn't change the fact that that GM made a terrible trade that shouldn't of happened in the first place. (Daley for Scuderi) That was a situation where a fan of the game could of made a predicted a better trade then the almighty Stan Bowman. Technically speaking I was wrong but was I really for thinking it?
      If you are wrong or not depends on how many trades you do and how much they favor your team. Other fans don't appreciate seeing a handful of lopsided trades to make your team better, while screwing everyother team over.
      Jun. 21, 2016 at 12:05 p.m.

*slow clap*

The point is being overlooked (and dragged out at this point). I couldn't agree more that the legitimacy of an opinion matters. And no...never a problem with sharing an opinion and being wrong about it, right about it...or close enough to what actually transpires.

My issue comes when people get up on their high horse and express their OPINIONS on debatable issues as if they are FACT when they really don't possess any more than a logical guess. I had made a statement on a different thread that I didn't think the goalie market would be very strong given the number of sellers vs. buyers...admitting the fact that I could be wrong. Leafs1967again stated matter of factly that it would 100% take a mid 1st round pick or quality roster player to acquire Andersen. We both had opinions that were incorrect but in the vicinity of what actually went down because we had different views of what the goalie trade market would be. If your going to make posts as if you have a crystal ball, I don't have any problems playing the hindsight game when you're wrong.
      Jun. 21, 2016 at 12:20 p.m.

*slow clap*

The point is being overlooked (and dragged out at this point). I couldn't agree more that the legitimacy of an opinion matters. And no...never a problem with sharing an opinion and being wrong about it, right about it...or close enough to what actually transpires.

My issue comes when people get up on their high horse and express their OPINIONS on debatable issues as if they are FACT when they really don't possess any more than a logical guess. I had made a statement on a different thread that I didn't think the goalie market would be very strong given the number of sellers vs. buyers...admitting the fact that I could be wrong. Leafs1967again stated matter of factly that it would 100% take a mid 1st round pick or quality roster player to acquire Andersen. We both had opinions that were incorrect but in the vicinity of what actually went down because we had different views of what the goalie trade market would be. If your going to make posts as if you have a crystal ball, I don't have any problems playing the hindsight game when you're wrong.

So would you of been less offended if he said 95% instead? ......... laugh

Its all semantics at this point. When someone thinks they're right, they state it as fact. Everyone does this. You can choose to believe it or not. No one's on a high horse, they're just stating their opinion which they believe to be absolutely true. Religion does this particularly well.

Long story short, you kind of made yourself seem like more of an ass by calling out Leafs1967 for being off on his prediction, then he did by thinking he was "100%" right.
      Jun. 21, 2016 at 5:24 p.m.
      leafs1967again

*slow clap*

Thanks! I am shocked that this became an issue TBH.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll