Forums/Mock-Draft

rumored trades included

Draft Class: 2016
Created By: timetosaygoodbye
Published: Jun. 12, 2016 at 4:35 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
2Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Traded to Buffalo for Sam Reinhart and 8th overall pick.
4Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Traded to Montreal: 4th overall pick, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and Oscar Klefbom
5Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
6Logo of the Calgary Flames-
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-This pick belongs to Columbus from the Buffalo trade.
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-to Edmonton: PK Subban and 9th overall pick.
10Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
11Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
12Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
13Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
14Logo of the Boston Bruins-
15Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
16Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-
18Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
19Logo of the New York Islanders-
20Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the New York Rangers
21Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
22Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
23Logo of the Florida Panthers-
24Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
25Logo of the Dallas Stars-
26Logo of the Washington Capitals-
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
28Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
29Logo of the Boston BruinsLogo of the San Jose Sharks
30Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
31Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
32Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
33Logo of the Florida PanthersLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
34Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
35Logo of the Calgary Flames-
36Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
37Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
39Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
40Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
41Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
42Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
43Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
44Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningLogo of the Boston Bruins
45Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Minnesota Wild
46Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
47Logo of the Nashville Predators-
48Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
49Logo of the Boston BruinsLogo of the New York Islanders
50Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York Rangers
51Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
52Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
53Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
54Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Florida Panthers
55Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Anaheim Ducks
56Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
57Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Washington Capitals
58Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
59Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
60Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
61Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
Jun. 12, 2016 at 5:15 p.m.
BreKel
That sure is a lot for Edmonton to give up for PK Subban. Take out Klefbom. It make no sense for them to deal him WITH RNH (and the 4th) for Subban.

Don't like Max Jones OR Logan Stanley for the Bruins. Better players available for them.
Jun. 12, 2016 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: BreKel
That sure is a lot for Edmonton to give up for PK Subban. Take out Klefbom. It make no sense for them to deal him WITH RNH (and the 4th) for Subban.

Don't like Max Jones OR Logan Stanley for the Bruins. Better players available for them.

Edmonton has a lot of LHD, Klefbom and RNH missed most of last season with injury, and the money was close enough to Subban's contract.

If you want one of the best defensemen in the NHL you're going to have to pay a lot. Montreal would also be assuming some risk here by taking back two talented young players with injury histories.

Yeah, I think Max Jones is decent there (probably better to pick at 20) and LOL at Logan Stanley. I wouldn't pick him with a 2nd rounder.

But Boston has made very questionable decisions at the Draft before and I don't expect their mindset to change this year.

It was basically me trying to think how Sweeney would. Sorry, man.
Jun. 12, 2016 at 8:50 p.m.
BreKel
Questionable decisions? One of the most overblown points made about the Bruins draft, last season. Let's ignore their 2nd round, that they did amazing in, and added Gabrielle in the 4th. Bruins are known to have interest in Jake Bean, Dante Fabbro, and Charlie McAvoy. I see in your mock, you have 3 of them there for the Bruins at #14. Bruins need to add another defenseman to the pool as well. So while you're trying to come off as intelligent (and probabyl oozing with sarcasm when you mock draft them) I don't see a way they pass on any one of those 3 at #14.

Another guy they really like is Markus Niemelainen, and in your mock draft, you have him dropping. They would easily take Niemelainen over Stanley.

A little research goes a long way....Unless you just like dumbing yourself down with the rest of the fans who think they sound intelligent when talking about the Bruins draft...1st round, i mean, since they had a solid draft anyway.
Jun. 13, 2016 at 12:29 a.m.
Bruins take any of the next 6 over Jones at 14. Boston is drafting high on character, Jones does not fit that description.
Jun. 13, 2016 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: BreKel
Questionable decisions? One of the most overblown points made about the Bruins draft, last season. Let's ignore their 2nd round, that they did amazing in, and added Gabrielle in the 4th. Bruins are known to have interest in Jake Bean, Dante Fabbro, and Charlie McAvoy. I see in your mock, you have 3 of them there for the Bruins at #14. Bruins need to add another defenseman to the pool as well. So while you're trying to come off as intelligent (and probabyl oozing with sarcasm when you mock draft them) I don't see a way they pass on any one of those 3 at #14.

Another guy they really like is Markus Niemelainen, and in your mock draft, you have him dropping. They would easily take Niemelainen over Stanley.

A little research goes a long way....Unless you just like dumbing yourself down with the rest of the fans who think they sound intelligent when talking about the Bruins draft...1st round, i mean, since they had a solid draft anyway.

I mean, for your sake, I hope you're right. But, clearly from my perspective, Boston seems to be a team that wants to win NOW. Defensemen like Fabbro and McAvoy and Bean are probably at best 2-3 years away from making an impact in the NHL. They probably think they can get a player that can play sooner in Jones (1 yr away probably) and Stanley (he's SO BIG lol).

I dunno -- Zboril looks like a bad pick right now and he was projected to go in the mid-1st. Drafting defensemen can be a crapshoot. Even in the first round. They might look at that and think about making a safe pick at #14. Jones is really safe in that regard. Big, great skater, good hands. He'll be a 2nd liner on most teams.

DeBrusk looks decent, and Senyshyn has been fine in the CHL as well, but they passed on two blue-chip prospects in Barzal and Connor. And it's not like they weren't highly touted coming into the draft either. Barzal was projected to go 6th overall and Connor 9th, while DeBrusk was looked at as a late 1st rounder and Senyshyn as a mid-2nd. And they still look like poor decisions to this day.

I won't go into later draft picks, unless you're talking about Carolina stealing Sebastian Aho at 35 and Pittsburgh with Sprong at 46, it's still probably too early to assess most of those players at this point.

Quoting: keepcalmandbergeron
Bruins take any of the next 6 over Jones at 14. Boston is drafting high on character, Jones does not fit that description.

LOL
Jun. 13, 2016 at 3:26 p.m.
BreKel
Quoting: timetosaygoodbye
I mean, for your sake, I hope you're right. But, clearly from my perspective, Boston seems to be a team that wants to win NOW. Defensemen like Fabbro and McAvoy and Bean are probably at best 2-3 years away from making an impact in the NHL. They probably think they can get a player that can play sooner in Jones (1 yr away probably) and Stanley (he's SO BIG lol).

Your perspective is poor. Boston wants to continue to build their farm system, while being competitive. It's not impossible. Your reasoning for them taking Jones and Stanley are weak. I just told you that the Bruins like 3 of the defenseman that should be there. They will more than likely take one. They don't care how far way they are.

Quote: I dunno -- Zboril looks like a bad pick right now and he was projected to go in the mid-1st. Drafting defensemen can be a crapshoot. Even in the first round. They might look at that and think about making a safe pick at #14. Jones is really safe in that regard. Big, great skater, good hands. He'll be a 2nd liner on most teams.

How does he look like a bad pick? That doesn't even make sense. Baseless speculation from someone who doesn't know jack **** about the Bruins prospect pool. Are we equating points to growth? Probably the worst thing you can do, and with DEFENSE, it should be the last thing to look at. Zboril, while his numbers were down (point wise) was asked to take on a shut down role with Saint Johns. He played in all situations, and had himself a solid year. You probably didn't know that though. I can't take anyone seriously when they make claims like this. Like I said, a little research goes a long way.

Quote: DeBrusk looks decent, and Senyshyn has been fine in the CHL as well, but they passed on two blue-chip prospects in Barzal and Connor. And it's not like they weren't highly touted coming into the draft either. Barzal was projected to go 6th overall and Connor 9th, while DeBrusk was looked at as a late 1st rounder and Senyshyn as a mid-2nd. And they still look like poor decisions to this day.

So they passed on two "blue-chip prospects," to draft two, "blue chip prospects". Alright..... If Barzal and Connor were projected to go 6th and 9th, why didn't they? Oh....Teams liked other players at those spots. So they fell. It happens all the time in drafts. Bruins were said to have liked Connor, but were turned off by his interview with them. There are reasons that go into drafting a player over how good they are, can be, etc. Is it hard to understand that? Bruins weren't impressed with his interview. He didn't seem like he wanted to be drafted. There is no point risking a high-end pick on a player that could very well wait his 4 years in college and then walk. Barzal? Couldn't tell you why they passed on him. Maybe they just weren't into his makeup. They took two players who fit what they're trying to build.

Quote: I won't go into later draft picks, unless you're talking about Carolina stealing Sebastian Aho at 35 and Pittsburgh with Sprong at 46, it's still probably too early to assess most of those players at this point.

That doesn't make sense. So you won't talk about later draft picks, but then contradict yourself and talk about two players because they had good years in their respective leagues? LMFAO what?

Quoting: keepcalmandbergeron

Jones is a prick. He's a dirty player, and has shown that. Why is that funny?

Jesus, who would have thought Leafs fans would feel so arrogant after getting the #1 pick. You'd think you guys are coming off winning your 5th SC in a row or something. Settle down. You have some nice prospects, but lets see what they do at the NHL level. Edmonton has nice players too and they still bottom feed.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll